PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot of The Week 7 [Winner - Seastorm]

Ventus
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Phazite
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q694/Ventusofthewind/Screenshot%20of%20the%20week%207%20Not%20happened% 20yet/SSOTW007Entry1Phazite.png

SUCCESSOR
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q694/Ventusofthewind/Screenshot%20of%20the%20week%207%20Not%20happened% 20yet/SUCCESSORssotw007entry2_zpsba6a6f99.png

Seastorm
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab87/seastorm044/PZC%20Screenshot%20of%20The%20Week/HalsadventureShot1_zps5436321c.png
Lanaryu Desert (I plan on scripting a rupee counter that goes onto the screen like in other Zelda games). The sandstorm also slowly damages you unless you have a certain item.

CJC
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Phazite
The bridge feels a little out of place
Bugs are cool, though.

SUCCESSOR
What happens if you jump down in that upper right corner?! Do you get stuck?
Excellent use of GB Color palettes.

Seastorm
This is a fantastic shot. Just be careful with those trees at the bottom. Put them too close to the edge of those mountain tiles and it confuses the perspective.

Shane
01-07-2013, 03:40 AM
1st Place: Phazite
Reason: That's one of the best PTUX shots I've seen! Two thumbs way up from me!

2nd Place: SUCCESSOR
Reason: It's really good GB shot with a good GB feel. A true example of how I like my GB shots designed. If Phazite didn't enter, I would have voted for this.

3rd Place: Seastorm
Reason: I don't know what to say, it's just the palette and sandstorm overlay make it all blurry and almost hard to make out stuff. I almost didn't notice that cave under that furry guy the shot is that smudgy looking.

SUCCESSOR
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
SUCCESSOR
What happens if you jump down in that upper right corner?! Do you get stuck?
Of course not. The passage goes under the wall.the upper wall.

CJC
01-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh, I see it now. Late night posting and logical details do not mix well for me, I guess.

Phazite
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Me: This is probably the best screen from an old area I was working on. I was going for a jungle environment and spent a lot of time working on the palette. I can see how the bridge seems out of place after CJC mentioned it and I don't know how to fix that. The bridge itself seems to suit the jungle.

SUCCESSOR: I'm not too excited about the color combination. The left side of the screen also seems a little boxy. Otherwise I do like the design. I personally might remove the blocks on the right hand platform, but that's a minor detail.

Seastorm: I like the dry sandstormy feel. It is a little bit hard for me to tell what's going on though, especially when I'm not used to those mountains. It took me a long time to figure out what was going on under that dust cloud, but I now believe there is a mountain there. I thought it might be a dirt path (the dark dirt in DoR).

CJC
01-08-2013, 02:51 AM
I can see how the bridge seems out of place after CJC mentioned it and I don't know how to fix that. The bridge itself seems to suit the jungle.

I think it's the close proximity to that mountain corner. If you shift the bridge down a tile or two, it might fit better with the rest of the screen.

EDIT: Removed signature. Sorry, thought I clicked it off.

Gleeok
01-08-2013, 06:44 AM
SUCCESSOR: You are disqualified for having too many right angles in your screen.

Seastorm: You are disqualified for having the username "sea" and "storm", and then entering a shot of a desert.

Phazite: You get my vote based on the sheer randomness for which I vote on these things. O_o

Moosh
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I voted for Seastorm despite HIM STEALING MY IDEA THAT WAS CLEARLY A CLEVER AND ORIGINAL IDEA THAT I HAVE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO.

I couldn't even see SUCCESSOR's shot...:(

Ventus
01-11-2013, 06:44 PM
I couldn't even see SUCCESSOR's shot...:(
I had this fixed last night... I guess something happened to make it revert to how it was last night. I'll have it fixed in a second.

Edit: Is it fixed now where everyone can see it?

Ventus
01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
The winner is...
Seastorm
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab87/seastorm044/PZC%20Screenshot%20of%20The%20Week/HalsadventureShot1_zps5436321c.png
5 Votes and 41.67% of total votes