PDA

View Full Version : Game On!

Brasel
01-06-2013, 04:32 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649086&navid=DL|NHL|home

I know not everyone is a hockey fan, but I'm excited by this. Shortened season > no season at all. I'm going to try and NOT go to any games this year, because I don't want to support a lockout every 5 years.

Lets go Blues!

Who else likes hockey? What team do you follow? Who will win the cup this year?

erm2003
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I am actually really excited the season is back on. I also love the concept of boycotting the games because of how the NHL operates and the players and league don't know how to properly negotiate contracts, but my love for the game outweighs all.

I am actually a season ticket holder for the Rochester Americans, the farm team for the Buffalo Sabres. I have been a Sabres fan for a long time. I may go see a game, but I do get my live hockey fix with the Americans.

That being said, one of my close friends is actually a fan of the Dallas Stars. Last summer we had faith in the negotiations (haha) and my buddy and I booked a trip for February to go down and see a few home games. We will be on the edge of our seats all week waiting for the adjusted schedule to come out and make sure we still have home games to see for our trip to Dallas. I think we will be good, but the original schedule we had 4 games. I am hoping we still have 4 or at least 3 games to go to considering how much money we already have invested with our flights, hotel, and rental car.

As far and who may win the whole thing... in a shortened season I think it's anyone's game. Rosters are going to be a bit dependent on some of the short term contracts signed, especially by younger players. Also I hope they give an allowance for the waivers to allow movement of players between the NHL and AHL teams without penalty. Quite a few players could be effected because they will have to go through waivers if their NHL team can't keep them and that could shake up some rosters.

mrz84
01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Used to think hockey was awesome as a kid (probably because of that All-Stars cartoon with Jordon, Jackson, and Gretskey [sp?], but meh its was the 80s)

[edit-o-vision] Googled it out of curiosity and the show was called Pro-Stars, derp.