PDA

View Full Version : Item Location Crash

Gamer12594
12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Whenever I attempt to use the item location tool, the editor crashes.
I tried this on a different computer and it worked fine.
Edit: The same thing happens on ANY quest file.

Screenshot:
[IMAGE BROKEN]

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

Ventus
12-31-2012, 01:23 AM
I think it might be an issue in using ZC in Windows 8. I can see that you using it from the window borders.
I'm using 8 as well and I've had it happen to. Which for me makes ZC useless right now :(

Best bet would to try running it on a older Windows System. like 7?.

Me myself Don't think this will be getting fixed anytime soon. :|

Gamer12594
12-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Thank you for such a quick reply. I hope that there is a workaround for this problem.

Gleeok
12-31-2012, 04:24 AM
Does anybody get a crash on a non-windows8 OS?

...Maybe Microsoft will release wine for windows. :o [edit] dang. Saffith made that joke already. -_-

Nicholas Steel
12-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Tools > Quest Reports > Item Locations?

Works here under Windows 7 x64 without crash.

Gamer12594
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Tools > Quest Reports > Item Locations?

No, I'm talking about "Screen > Item" or the rupee icon at the bottom of the screen.

XMuppetSB
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I tried clicking that icon at the bottom of the screen myself, and it worked fine for me here on my Windows 7 64-bit, with no crash.

Ventus
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
I tried clicking that icon at the bottom of the screen myself, and it worked fine for me here on my Windows 7 64-bit, with no crash.

Hearing that makes me think that ZC hates windows 8. I wonder whats the deal ZC and 8. Wish the devs could look into this.

Nicholas Steel
12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
No, I'm talking about "Screen > Item" or the rupee icon at the bottom of the screen.

Oh in that case definitely not a problem here under the already specified operating system.

Gamer12594
12-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Hearing that makes me think that ZC hates windows 8. I wonder whats the deal ZC and 8. Wish the devs could look into this.

What is the chance that they will look into it?

Ventus
12-31-2012, 10:54 PM

Hmm... I don't know. they might look into it once enough people has had the same problem. But really who knows?

Nicholas Steel
01-01-2013, 04:58 AM
Or just when its been a few days. Probably still doing christmas/new years holiday stuff.

SUCCESSOR
01-01-2013, 05:30 AM

I am sure they will look into it soon. That doesn't mean it will be an easy fix or even a priority fix. It depends on how many people it is affecting. I remember seeing people mentioning ZC running just fine for them on Win 8. It's a new operating system problems are inevitable. Personally I recommend loading up a Linux LiveCD or VM and running ZC that way. I wouldn't wait around hoping for a fix. I doubt a new build will be out in less than a few months.

Gamer12594
01-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Maybe it's just something else that broke with windows 8. Does anyone know if there is a list of dependencies that Zelda Classic requires?

Saffith
04-06-2013, 12:46 AM
It's just a matter of how Windows 8 handles memory. Apparently, it leaves some space unallocated just before itemsbuf.
Anyway, it's fixed for 2.50.1.

IcyMind
06-27-2013, 01:56 AM
Sheesh. I'm stuck with nothing to do these days due to windows 8's sillyness. I haven't been using ZC for some time, but decided to spend most of my summer on it. Any idea when the fixed version is out? I can't go back to my windows 7 laptop since it's broken and not worth repairing.

XMuppetSB
06-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Sheesh. I'm stuck with nothing to do these days due to windows 8's sillyness. I haven't been using ZC for some time, but decided to spend most of my summer on it. Any idea when the fixed version is out? I can't go back to my windows 7 laptop since it's broken and not worth repairing.

Just a little reminder, IcyMind. We do not know when the next version will be released, so please don't ask.

That aside, welcome to the forums.

Zim
08-13-2013, 11:53 AM

Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 7, with Windows 8. That will fix the issue for now. People are still developing more things for the builds/O/Ss that already work, and working on porting and whatnot.. I'd say fixing it all up on 8 might be in their plans but is probably not high priority at this time.
Howto:
Right click on the program, goto properties. Goto Compatibility tab, click box marked Compatibility mode, then select a different O/S with the menu, click OK or Apply.
You won't need a downgrade of O/S with this method.

SUCCESSOR
08-13-2013, 02:57 PM

If you haven't noticed yet, 2.50.1 RC1 is released and should fix your problem. It is an RC but if 2.5 is unusable for you than the RC should be a good option.