PDA

View Full Version : Tile warp/special room help (NOT room 80) Link at top-left

passarbye
12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
hello everyone, i'm having an issue and i'm not sure how to fix it.
(using ZC 2.5 rev 5)

My starting room is on Map 1, position 47. link starts in the middle of the room with the green square just fine. there is a tile warp to Map 3, position 47.
my tile warp from map 1 to 3 works fine however, link appears at the top left of the screen when i want him to appear at the bottom center of the screen.
i don't want to use room 80 for my special rooms because i figure it's easier to just warp to whatever map/room you want instead of always going to that one room, and i want each special room to be different.
i have the type of tile warp set to "entrance/exit" because otherwise it goes to room 80.

the special item appears, i can pick it up, and the string plays for the guy, but link appears at the top left and i want him at the center bottom.
how do i fix this?

i'm new to using Zquest, but know some basics and am learning more so that i can make my own quests to release for everyone to enjoy.

also, is there any tutorial specifically made for ZC 2.5? i can't find anything up-to-date, which is sad. :(
i can post more information and screen-shots, just let me know!

EDIT: changing the warp type to "insta-warp" seems to have solved the problem i was having.

CJC
12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
It's been a while since I used ZQuest, but it sounds like you forgot to set the stair-warp square (The green square handles the continue spot, but there's a blue one to set where you appear when you use a tile warp).

passarbye
12-20-2012, 06:45 PM
actually, i used the blue "warp return square A" in both rooms to determine where link appears after both warps, but it doesn't seem like i'm doing something right.

EDIT: by changing the warp type from "entrance/exit" and to "insta-warp" it seems to have solved the issue.
thanks for the advice though!

Phazite
12-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I think the "entrance/exit" warp types are used for the "cave" combo types. When that warp type is used, Link will walk out of the cave. The insta-warp will just have Link appear there.

It's been a while though so I don't quite remember these details.