PDA

View Full Version : Plot Discussion: Tell us (and comment) about the games you're planning for FFC

CJC
12-19-2012, 05:26 PM
This is sort of an 'excitement building' thread about the project. Talk about the FF-like game you intend to make when the program is complete, or comment on the plots others have posted (Be sure to quote or use @user so everybody knows which plot you're talking about!).

Here's mine:

Picture a world (yet unnamed, although they didn't have names before Spira and Ivalice) where the planet's core is not molten rock, but rather molten magical energy. When this concentrated magic makes contact with a vacuum of power (IE: the non-magical air on the surface), it crystallizes. And when it makes contact with a vessel (IE a living thing), it mutates that vessel into a monstrous vehicle of destruction (Natural flora and fauna become fiends when exposed).

This magic naturally erupts from the planet's core from vents in the surface crust, six of which are well known to man and four of which are under their control. The crystallized magic serves all manner of purpose: in the hands of a user a crystallized shard grants the ability to cast spells (ala Materia, though some natural talent is necessary); it is often used as a source of electrical energy to power machinery; and a very special nation of people can take in the essence of the vents and draw mighty spirits into their bodies (these are the callers, and they've become a gypsy society since their powers destroyed their homeland).

Two great alliances of nations have gone to war over the implications of crystal use: one believes the forces are too dangerous to control while the other believes that--unchecked--the crystals and their vents would eventually swallow the entire world. But there's something sinister about this conflict that lingers beneath the surface. And while the nations fight each other in this struggle, no one is paying attention to anything else. And the number of cracks in the planet's surface seems to be increasing.

Do not discuss your plans for the game mechanics of your idea, though, as that might put unnecessary stress on the development team. Such discussion is best reserved for a time when we have a program to play with.

MasterSwordUltima
12-31-2012, 07:41 AM
But...they were named (Gaia, Terra, World of Balance, etc)... ;)

Rydia
01-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I am all for this program! Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series, especially the 2D games. My name should be proof of that. But anyways, back in 2005 I was planning a Final Fantasy quest in ZC using my FF3j tileset. I never had gotten a story made for it, but I had some ideas on what could be done. If this is made, I will surely be working on it! :D

Gleeok
01-09-2013, 12:48 AM
I think it would be awesome to have a "2nd quest" where encounters, shops, events, and interior maps are all different (and harder). :tan:

mrz84
04-08-2013, 09:17 PM
A game set on the floating island that my webcomic Bar-Buddies takes place on. With Lefty and Zombie as playable characters. Though I could just do that with RPG Maker if I wasn't being lazy (ie: either playing Fire Emblem Awakening/Final Fantasy 11 or watching random MLP/Kamen Rider/Super Sentai videos on youtube).