PDA

View Full Version : Your First Day in Alunia

Glenn the Great
12-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Lo and behold, brave adventurer!
The pristine and bountiful lands of the Freeport Continent spill across your eyes as you take your first steps from outside the mysterious Spirit Shard Chamber, from whence you had awoken to find yourself.

(continued below)

http://s14.postimage.org/hzounot5d/Freeport_Continent_Map.jpg

Journeying yonder North, across fields flowing with milk and honey and greeted with revere astonishment by the proud farmers who tirelessly till the lands of this dignified nation, you come to the gates of this fair land's capitol, the City of Freeport.

(continued below)
http://s16.postimage.org/ssgf6s211/Freeport_Map.jpg

Not long do you wander about to find an inn to rest and get your bearings, but you are halted by the Captain of the Guard with a company of his loyal men. Knight-Captain Woerner introduces himself and explains the woes travailing his country. You are issued a stipend and sent to the general stores to supply yourself of various armament and sundry.

Knight-Captain Woerner tasks you with the extermination of the beasts of the Kupo Cave to the North-West. You solemnly accept this mandate and set forth to carve out your destiny. The Captain hands you a map of the cave's environs, warning you that all that which is writ thereupon consists of the limited reports of those fortunate souls who ventured deep and survived to tell their tale.

(continue below)

http://s8.postimage.org/aopzl2dfp/Kupo_Cave_Map.jpg

It won't be long before you set off on your epic journey.

There will be other adventures to be had, but before that may happen, we need the help of those who will donate their time to the effort of creating maps and content for this game. Please contact MasterSwordUltima with your interest in helping deliver this one-of-a-kind experience to the AGN Community!

Ventus
12-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Have to say its looking fantastic!, Great work guys. Its ashamed I can' really help more. Until I get to some Wifi.
But overall everything looks great!

Gleeok
12-16-2012, 03:57 AM
I always loved the FFIV cave tiles. Every time I see them I can practically hear the theme music.

Din
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I'd really dig some fog in the fringe layer in those caves. The maps look well-designed and all, but it seems that with just a bit more variety in the atmosphere, it'd really benefit those maps and make each screen look different to the other, keeping players from getting too bored with an area.

Town map looks great, though. And I'm sure that when NPCs are placed in said three maps, they'll look spectacular.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-04-2013, 03:59 AM
Did SE die again?

Lightwulf
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, what's going on? I know I'd like to know.

Any progress at all?

MasterSwordUltima
03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Not completely dead. :p Had a bit of a rough semester so far. I'm actually debating on just opening up the game in a super alpha state, then seeing if people want to contribute.

Glenn the Great
03-21-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm supposed to be mapping, but I've had a really busy time with work (busier than any time in the last 5 years) and I just feel wiped out and don't want to work on anything when I get home.
I'm hoping things will settle down soon and I can devote more time to making maps. I think it'd help if more people were mapping than just me, "group energy" you know?

I can get behind the idea of opening the game up in a super alpha state. People are always more interested in a project when they can actually get their hands on it. Just being able to get in and see their friends online will get people excited and wanting to contribute.

Tim
03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm down. I'd like to have a few people running around and getting live feedback at the same time. I just have some issues about the client for mapping. I'll disclose that in the dev forum.