PDA

View Full Version : Hosted Quest Project Forums

ctrl-alt-delete
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Well?

Ventus
12-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I say bring them back. It might help get some attention of some major quest developers.

erm2003
12-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Giving more opportunities for people to host their stuff here and organize it with their own boards could draw more people in.

Is there thought to expanding this beyond Zelda Classic or is that down the road if this works out well first? I know there have been other ideas bounced around but this could kinda relate a bit.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Seems to be pretty open-shut. I figured as much.

Next question, what should be the requirements for applying?

(Quest must have demo, certain number of screenshots, how often updates should be posted, etc.)

Moosh
12-12-2012, 02:53 AM
I'd say we should have fairly loose requirements for now since we have a fairly small community. Perhaps a community vote would suffice. Then when we inevitably start picking up more members we can start laying on more restrictions for QPF ownership. If we require too much, I fear a QPF system won't be able to take off in our current state.

Gleeok
12-12-2012, 03:11 AM
I'd say it should be beyond the "I have a cool idea stage", and a "project" forum should be limited to a single project by a user or group.

Maybe if projects get finished they could go into a hosted project "hall of fame" or something also. :P

Moosh
12-12-2012, 03:23 AM
I'd say it should be beyond the "I have a cool idea stage", and a "project" forum should be limited to a single project by a user or group.

Maybe if projects get finished they could go into a hosted project "hall of fame" or something also. :P
I agree that in order to have a QPF a questmaker should at least have something to show for themself. I'd just rather not have some arbitrary requirement like "you must have a demo" or "you must have at least 10 screenshots and 1 video". I think we the community are capable enough of determining who deserves a QPF.

Gleeok
12-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Sounds good. Let's shoot first and sleep later. ..no no wait, that's not right. Shoot first then call for back-up. ...I've got a case of the GW's or something.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Final question--Should we allow HQPF for COMPLETED quests? (Age would be irrelevant.)

This would mainly be a place for questmakers to answer quests about that specific quest, talk about updates, said hall of fame or whatnot.

Moosh
12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Final question--Should we allow HQPF for COMPLETED quests? (Age would be irrelevant.)

This would mainly be a place for questmakers to answer quests about that specific quest, talk about updates, said hall of fame or whatnot.
I don't see much of a need to have QPFs for individual quests. If an author was still active but kept a topic about their older work open for discussion, that would be fine, but giving say a QPF to DFW and Peteo, both of which have long been absent from the ZC scene, solely to discuss Lost Isle would be kinda silly.

So there's my 2¢.

CJC
12-12-2012, 10:15 PM
I agree with most of what Moosh said. Once a quest is complete and 'officially' released (added to the Zelda Classic database and given a sufficient amount of time to debug), its discussion becomes a matter of the general 'Quest Discussion' forum. All threads from the project database should be archived and a 'Player.qst Q&A' thread should be added to the Quest Discussion forum (Possibly with another, pinned thread, that has links to all of these separate 'Quest Q&A' threads).

erm2003
12-13-2012, 12:16 AM

The only time I think this could be helpful is if you are talking about one author who is developing or has developed a series of quests so there is one area for that. It would probably be a rare thing.

ShadowTiger
12-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Even still, each individual quest project could have its own topic in a Quest Discussion forum.

Hosted Quest Forums are great when you have more than one person working on one or more projects, or when one single project has many individual thoughtstreams that need their own attention simultaneously. Something like "Which grass looks the best?" or "Help me pick which midis to use." would be ideal topics for a Hosted Quest Forum.

But when a project is finished, it only needs one topic devoted to it in a Quest Help Forum. It's done. Nothing more than discussion or aid needs to take place on that.