PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Phantom Pain thread

MasterSwordUltima
12-10-2012, 07:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfajBs2nyQ

Revealed a few days ago. For those who need to catch up:

Kojima was there as this was being presented.

Moby Dick Studios is not real.

The CEO of Moby Dick Studios, Joakim Mogren - anagrams out to Kojima and possibly Ogre? As in Project Ogre.

There is of course, this: http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1335627/9d78i2st.gif

Now Kojima is totally known for doing amazing things like this to get his audience pumped - things not not telling anybody about Raiden until MGS2 launched (considering the majority of the game is through his shoes), MGS4 with Snake's suicide, the entire Peace Walker countdown Project NEXT (which was brilliant).

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes has already been announced, however (a few months back). It has also been stated MGS:GZ is not Project Ogre, another game Kojima is working on.

All I know is that I love this shit. /discuss

mrz84
12-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Looks interesting, though I haven't played any MGS games since the ps1 (mostly due to budgeting and not owning whatever console it came out on at the time, I don't counte the MGS3 3DS demo)

Brasel
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I saw this yesterday. There is no way that this isn't a Metal Gear game. The person who appears in flames looks like it's Col. Volgin. The protagonist has to be Naked Snake. I don't understand why this would be Ground Zeroes since that project has already been announced...unless the suprise is that Big Boss looses an arm? I don't know. I'm skeptical that this is Metal Gear Solid 5 only because Ground Zeroes isn't even out yet.

MasterSwordUltima
12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
The arm thing is what is throwing everyone off. After Metal Gear, he is taken into the Snatcher program, and all of his limbs were replaced with robotic ones. The fact that Big Boss wears gloves in MGS4 means that you don't know if his hand is genuine or not.

And then there's the theory that he actually has this real arm under there, because the hook arm in some scenes appears to be really long.

You also see Pacfica Ocean (Paz) in the hallway, when the bandaged guy tells Big Boss to wait. And I'm quite certain there is an Outer Heaven soldier in the MSF Sneaking Suit standing in the hallway at one point (the yellow lines on the thighs and the style of balaclava). Maybe they're busting Big Boss out of a Cypher owned institute.

Brasel
12-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I still haven't played Peace Walker because I sold my PSP before it came out. I need to get it on PS3 now that it's in the HD collection. I need to catch up before Ground Zeroes comes out. I read another article today that suggests the V in Metal Gear Solid V stands for Vita. If this is a Vita only release, I'm gonna be pissed. I really don't want to shell out more money for another handheld system that I'll barely play.

MasterSwordUltima
12-11-2012, 06:59 AM
I heard that also. I've also heard that the V might turn into a Diamond in lieu of the Diamond Dogs team.
It's all speculation.

If you get the HD collection, I'll help you capture some tanks and choppers for Outer Heaven.