PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3

NewJourneysFire
12-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Love it!

I absolutely love it.

I have been playing it most of this weekend and have been enjoying everything this game has to offer, and for those who are interested in what this game is all about. Read on.

Assassin's Creed 3 attempts to change the series, which many video game series has been known to do.

Most notably Castlevania which made that reboot which I personally despise above all else.

But AC3 evolves in such a way that even though there are some things I miss from the old games, it doesn't become bothersome.

Much of the RPG elements of AC has been removed in this addition, the first most notable change is that the Zeldaesque life bar has been replaced with a more of a Call of Duty life bar, and it doesn't end there, it seems that shopping ain't even an important element at all in this game, even though it is included, my desire to visit shops in this game simply doesn't exist.

Occasionally there are is a bug or two, but after my obsession with the fallout series last year, I can safely say that bugs simply can't bother me. I actually find the bugs in AC3 to be very minor, though they are present.

Now, let's step out of the negatives and hit the positives. Assassin's Creed 3 gives everything it promises. It provides a beautiful world that is so large you almost gotta play the game twice to fully appreciate, and it also has a better story. This is the first Assassin's Creed game where I can appreciate the story as much as the gameplay. Even though this series always had a chilling effect to twit plot, and also had interesting missions, the previous games always lacked in a really compelling story, stories that are often forgotten in weeks. But AC3 has the best story yet, one I am certain I'll remember.

The gameplay in this game is also improved. The repetitiveness of the old games are simply not apparent in this new game. There is just so much to do in this game that you don't sense anything repetitive what so ever, and that's what the series needed.

This game also reaches to us players at home, as the setting now takes place in the US, and the storyline revolves around a plot that involves George Washington himself. A real fun visit to world history.

Since the setting has changed, expect rooftop cloning to feel different too, and it does, considering we are climbing and jumping on an entirely new culture. Last but not least, the battle system is to die for.

So that's it, that's all I have to say. I love this game.

Discuss

mrz84
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I haven't played it yet, but my youngest brother has played it at my house and I'm interesed in this game more than the previous games (which I still haven't played, but that's mostly because there were other games I felt I wanted to play more than them)

Brasel
12-10-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm really excited to play AC3, though I haven't finished Revelations yet. I've been too busy with work, school, and other projects. I'm hoping to catch up during winter break, and start on AC3 soon.

NewJourneysFire
12-10-2012, 03:51 AM
The game gets alot of complaints for it's bugs. But despite that I am hooked. I already beat it once, playing it again.

MasterSwordUltima
12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
I got the fancy steelbook case, the Assassin Colonies flag, the works. I literally wear the belt buckle as my normal belt buckle.

As ass backwards as this is going to sound - I don't quite enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Brotherhood. I did really enjoy the big plot twist/mind fuck at the end of the second chapter. It definitely is a HUGE improvement over Revelations, as far as story goes; multiplayer is incredibly addictive as well.

For some reason I just can't get as excited about it as I should be. :shrug:

NewJourneysFire
12-14-2012, 11:42 AM
That's too bad. Because it's my new favorite game. It's too bad the disc got scratched within the system. I am gonna get it replaced.

One thing I have been doing slot lately in Assassin's Creed games is studying the database, most notably the famous landmarks and people. I find it exciting to be able to look at a building in Assassin's Creed 2, and be able to call it out by name.