PDA

View Full Version : Janine's First Quest

Dashie
11-25-2012, 12:01 AM
I found this on main page of ZC. When I click it, I don't see his quest. So anyone who have it? I do really want play this quest.

Brasel
11-25-2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.zeldaclassic.com/viewquest.php?q=497

I don't know that I have access to fix the link. SUCCESSOR, is it possible to fix that? It's on the top ten most recently uploaded quests as the first one.

trudatman
11-25-2012, 03:15 AM
so... these aren't new quests, right? why are they showing as newly added?

Brasel
11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
This was uploaded on the 16th. It's possible that we've been fixing quests in the background and the upload date has changed. That would make it look like quests are new, when they really aren't.

*Edit* I don't know how the process works, but if it's anything like SQL, there might be a way to set a modified date and time rather than just a created date and time. If the newly uploaded quests refer to the created date and time rather than the modified date, we could probably fix the issue. Is Janine's First Quest an older quest? Are there any others on that list that are older than they should be? If so, which ones?

SUCCESSOR
11-25-2012, 05:42 AM
A lot of work is being put into the database so date update or date added will not be a reliable indicator that the quest is new. I am sorry if that is an inconvenience to anyone. As for the quest mentioned I don't know why it fails to come up from the main page. It may have to do with the apostrophe causing a problem with the search. It isn't something I can fix. DarkDragon would be the one to ask. The quest is available, and all quests in that list, under the top ten lists. You can also do a manual search or look under all quests and sort by newest added.

Dashie
11-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Thank you, Anthony.

Matthew Bluefox
01-04-2013, 12:04 PM
This quest is outdated and has been requested by the authors (me and Janine) to be removed from the QDB years ago, lol. Now it's back strangely. It's bugged and unbalanced, and not even playable with the newer versions. I'd strongly recommend to remove it again.