PDA

View Full Version : Official Zelda Classic YouTube Channel

Brasel
11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Zelda Classic now has a YouTube Channel to go with its Facebook page. I'm looking for anyone who wants to advertise their quests or post their let's plays on the official channel. I do plan on making a few videos showcasing some great quests from the past, as well as basic tutorials. I haven't gotten around to those just yet. If you have any video content that you would like to share, please shoot me a PM with the following information:

1. The video you want posted on the main channel. I haven't decided on how to do this yet, but if you have a link for a download of your video, or the ability to zip it up and email it, these work for now.

2. The Type of video, be it a tutorial, lets play, or trailer.

3. The title of the video.

4. If this is a trailer or lets play for a quest, send me the Quest Database link for the quest.

5. Any additional notes that you would like included in the comments section.

I'm still relatively new to YouTube, so if you have any suggestions, let me know.

www.youtube.com/ZeldaClassicAGN (http://www.youtube.com/ZeldaClassicAGN)

trudatman
11-24-2012, 09:20 PM
cool idea. I know this isn't exactly what you requested (mostly because I don't know how to rip and edit these things -- if anybody know of any such free Mac software that would work with my 10.4.11, let me know, please), but if you find a way to utilize these, that'd be great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_w3AU7lYk&list=PL29tnSNP6wy8NLqEqEvI594oWwGm5Hhec&feature=plcp

oh: do you have a link for us? I couldn't find the channel through searching.

Brasel
11-24-2012, 09:48 PM
My bad. I edited my post above to include the URL.

Thanks for the link. I'll have to do a bit more research on how to get videos already posted on YouTube onto our channel. If anything, I can always share it by using the favorites function.

trudatman
11-24-2012, 10:08 PM
please favorite the playlist, then. if you have to do single videos, the first two would be good. thanks.

off to see what you have there.

SUCCESSOR
11-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I would love to know how to record playing ZC. The one software I tried was terrible.

Majora
11-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I personally recommend Livestream Procaster for local recording of ZC. That is, you can set a bitrate higher than your actual upload bitrate if you just want to record something to upload. Everything else was garbage when it came to screen-recording and ZC

Brasel
11-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

NewJourneysFire
11-25-2012, 03:07 AM
I will participate tomorrow, I have a few videos made.

I will also try and contact eviljbrian who hosts the "Let's Play Souls of Wisdom" and the "Let's Play The Wrath and Longing of Nemil" video series he has uploaded.

CastChaos
11-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Anthony:
You can go to the video interface, to playlists and choose "add playlist". Then when you see a video, you just click "add to" under it and so you can choose into which playlist you want it to be added. This way you can feature any videos in that playlist. There can be different playlists, one for tutorials, one for trailers and one for each LP.
I will subscribe to that channel when it won't be empty, but I don't know how could it be used to full extent. Generally, such a channel would be for ZC, itself: news from devs, release announcements, etc...

SUCCESSOR:
CamStudio works OK for me so far, I use big windowed mode, select the area of the window and the recording is going. It's just that it creates only .AVI.

Zim
05-09-2013, 01:11 PM
I have subscribed to the youtube and liked the facebook page.
I have some videos I would put on the main page, but actually I would like to redo some of them, as the screens look a lot better than they did before now.