PDA

View Full Version : Zeldaclassic.com Email -- Now with 100% more "working!"

ctrl-alt-delete
11-21-2012, 04:33 PM
The zeldaclassic.com email system has been fixed. If you want an account, go here (http://www.zeldaclassic.com/zcemail.php) to create one. If you already have an account, go here (http://zeldaclassic.mail.everyone.net) to login.

If you cannot remember your password, you can attempt a password reset. Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, I still haven't been able to gain access to be able to administrate the accounts yet. I'm working on it.

This is an excellent way to bring attention to Zelda Classic and AGN, so sign up today!

trudatman
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
sorry: invalid name or password. unknown login name.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm assuming you created an account?

trudatman
11-21-2012, 05:11 PM
yes, you are. maybe I made a typo in the username.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Attempt to create the username again and let me know if you get the username already created error.

Gleeok
11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Got one. gleeok @ ... (for simplicity)

trudatman
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM
it worked that time. before, I got jumped ahead to the login screen after the first page. this is a very advertisement- and cookie-intensive service that deletes stuff after sixty days of "inactivity." I have to imaging folks will complain when their stuff disappears. also, it has weird features and seems to lack simple automatic forwarding to a more frequently used account. color me less-than-impressed.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
it worked that time. before, I got jumped ahead to the login screen after the first page. this is a very advertisement- and cookie-intensive service that deletes stuff after sixty days of "inactivity." I have to imaging folks will complain when their stuff disappears. also, it has weird features and seems to lack simple automatic forwarding to a more frequently used account. color me less-than-impressed.

Lol.

Adblock would help with the ads. Don't know if you have an aversion to it. Currently, the forwarding thing is a problem, but once I gain access to the Control Panel I may be able to resolve that by paying for the service. In the meantime, the notification setting in the options may prove to be useful.

What can I say, it's free. It's not designed to be your main email address. You have to remember this service has been provided(even if not working at times) for ten years, so it's not exactly gmail. One thing you can do is program your current gmail to send email FROM your zeldaclassic.com account. I would have provided instructions for doing that, but again, it's rather worthless since you'd still have to check your email from the zc site.

Once the site gets moved, we'll be looking at alternatives. If I knew a simple way to program registrations to the email service we get with our host, I might have used that method, but it seemed counter productive considering we may be switching hosts by the end of the year(thanks to DD for reminding me before I took that route). As it stood, I would have manually had to create each individual address myself had we gone that route.

mrz84
11-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Yay! Email works again! :kitty:

hellebeest
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Had to do a reset for my pass, but I got my mail address back :victorious:, to bad it wasn't done sooner since I used Zelda for a few of my free online games site, for which I also forgot my passes xD