PDA

View Full Version : Go vote!

DarkDragon
11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
If you're registered to vote, go out there today and do your civic duty. Consider it the price of the right to complain for the next four years about how the country is going to hell ;)

mrz84
11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Me and DO will be going to vote once he gets back from work in about an hour or two.

Beldaran
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Palpatine 2012!

Mercy
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I am voting Cocktail Party! Too much watching of The Daily Show on the web... anyone else think a dinner party with James Carville and Mary Matalin would be a blast?

-m.

Brasel
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
If everyone who complains that voting doesn't make a difference went out and voted, think of the change they could make. Vote, write letters to your representatives, be involved! If you don't like the way the country is going, then do your part to change it.

I voted for Laura Roslin.

Glenn the Great
11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Go Obama!

Ventus
11-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I didn't vote... But here's to Obama winning!... I really want him to win :|

Beldaran
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
If you really want him to win, why didn't you vote for him?

Saffith
11-06-2012, 10:00 PM
If everyone who complains that voting doesn't make a difference went out and voted, think of the change they could make.
Obama could win 50.8% of 200 million votes instead of 135 million?

Ventus
11-06-2012, 10:09 PM
If you really want him to win, why didn't you vote for him?
Well... I'm not a registered voter so I couldn't. I would like to vote. But to be one where I live. you'll get called in for jury duty and I don't want to be on jury duty...

Glenn the Great
11-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Obama could win 50.8% of 200 million votes instead of 135 million?

Seconded. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

Tim
11-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I worked with the county democrats today; phone banking and canvasing.

SUCCESSOR
11-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Voted! Here's to getting Obama the fuck out of office! I wanted to vote for Gary Johnson but I feel more strongly about voting for someone who can win than someone who is closest to my views, in this election at least.

If everyone who complains that voting doesn't make a difference went out and voted, think of the change they could make. Vote, write letters to your representatives, be involved! If you don't like the way the country is going, then do your part to change it.

I voted for Laura Roslin.

Those who complain about voting would probably vote stupidly(without any real idea about who's who or what's what). Those that complain about voting not doing any good are usually just too lazy to try to understand what is going on in our country.

Well... I'm not a registered voter so I couldn't. I would like to vote. But to be one where I live. you'll get called in for jury duty and I don't want to be on jury duty...

I love this excuse.

Tim
11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
I love that excuse too. I've been registered for over six years and never had jury duty.

Glenn the Great
11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Jury duty is a paid vacation from work!

Tim
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
This is the only election I've actually cared about:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrQ44o_zwM

Saffith
11-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Voted! Here's to getting Obama the fuck out of office! I wanted to vote for Gary Johnson but I feel more strongly about voting for someone who can win than someone who is closest to my views, in this election at least.
People won't vote for third-party candidates because they have no chance of winning. They have no chance of winning because people won't vote for them. Is there any hope that this will ever change?

Tim
11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
People won't vote for third-party candidates because they have no chance of winning. They have no chance of winning because people won't vote for them. Is there any hope that this will ever change?

Apparently Maine understands how to do it.

SUCCESSOR
11-07-2012, 12:08 AM

I would have voted for him if Obama wasn't running. The US needs a president like Gary Johnson, but what it needs more right now is to not have Obama in office.

Ventus
11-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Well we now have four more years of Obama!. Woo hoo! four more years four more years! Yes! Now I can stop worrying about being stuck with Mitt Romney... *Sighs* Thank god.
I'm going to bed now, I'm tired of watching this crap on TV. :P

Mercy
11-07-2012, 01:33 AM

Vote third party in the local elections when appropriate. The EC precludes a third party president (for now...) but local elections are feasible. It may take a while but eventually a third party will get through.

I have gotten called for jury duty many times at various levels but I have yet to make it to a court room. Here we are supposed to call a number the night before and find out if we are supposed to show up. I really want to sit on a jury. I drank the kool aid about civic duty and privilege and think it would be an adventure. And folks should remember... if they are ever on trial, twelve other people will sit for them. It's only fair to take one's turn in the barrel, so to speak.

DarkDragon
11-07-2012, 03:06 AM
I got called in for jury duty last spring, and was hoping I'd get to sit on a case -- but was sent home on the first day, and won't be eligible for duty again for at least another four years. Ah well.

As for the election, personally I'm relieved (if not surprised -- the stats were rather unambiguous) that Obama won. Unlike the federal elections, though, which leaves the status quo almost entirely undisturbed, I'm excited about the game-changing ballot measures in Maryland, Colorado, and Washington.

NewJourneysFire
11-07-2012, 08:51 AM
The world will be happy to hear that Michelle Obama will be first lady for another four years. That's big news in the world today!

Now in related news, something about Presidents or something, that's not important, nobody in the states cares about presidents and politics.

Congratulations Michelle, America loves you. Say hello to your husband, Barack the.... barbor, right? Ah! He's not important! Woooo! Go Michelle!

King Aquamentus
11-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I can understand some people are joyous of the Democratic victory, but this looks to spike unemployment, unless Obama has some magic trick up his sleeve (which they never do)

Majora
11-07-2012, 01:32 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/249231_457786937620717_2104790238_n.jpg

If the democrats get control of congress, obama will have almost no excuse for fucking up this time.

Dashie
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Obama is evil man. China will take over in here for coal. Our life will lose everything. People who has job for coal will lose everything. I notice train didn't come for coal because of Obama. Now what will we can do without coal while China take over in here for coal? I don't want live in Pikeville, Ky, where the coal is. I have to get out of here before China take over our coal. I need move out to Lexington, Ky or Lousiville, Ky.

Dechipher
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
You said coal 7 times in that sentence. Your total word usage was 86 words. That means that at least 12% of your statement was the word 'coal'.

Dashie
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Uh what? My point is we will have no place to live when China and Japan come here.

Majora
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
http://imgur.com/a/WPCit

Their misery is sweet music to my retinas.

And yes, hilariously enough, all the libertarian people who threw their votes away saved the country from a trainwreck, mathematically speaking. Their votes amounted to enough to put romney over in those too-close-to-call states, roughly. pfffthahahahaha.

You said coal 7 times in that sentence. Your total word usage was 86 words. That means that at least 12% of your statement was the word 'coal'.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2779#comic

Dashie
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Now, I understand why they vote Obama again because ex-President Bush has huge messed up. Now Obama need help to get back to keep the balance straight. Please tell me I am right or wrong.

Mercy
11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I can understand some people are joyous of the Democratic victory, but this looks to spike unemployment, unless Obama has some magic trick up his sleeve (which they never do)
That magic trick you seek may come from the results of Washington and Colorado initiatives. Legal cannabis is a largely untapped industry with a lot of potential for new jobs. The obvious, recreational aspect will definitely put a few people to work but we are finally making headway into being able to explore non-recreational uses for hemp. We need a new industry to get people back to work and hemp fits the bill.

I would not bother trying to make sense of that. Recently I saw a similar, almost verbatim with the same stilted grammar (coincidence?), argument about Obama stopping coal mining and China coming to take all our coal. The only thing missing is the part about how not speaking Mandarin will make it impossiblet to get a job in a few years. Personally, I would rather debate politics with Glenn.

-m.

Glenn the Great
11-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Legal cannabis is a largely untapped industry with a lot of potential for new jobs.

Marlboro Greens production lines primed and ready:

http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1055000/1055401_fd63_625x1000.jpg

Majora
11-07-2012, 05:26 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/32355_429196517147782_1556418346_n.jpg regardless of whether it's actually true or not, it still makes a point which makes -sense-. lol capitalism.