PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Video Game Series?

Ventus
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
So its time for a obligatory Whats your Favorite game series topic.

Out of all the game's I've played so far. two of my favorite Video game series would have to be Shadow hearts and Silent Hill, and Zelda being the close third.
Its hard to say zelda is not one of my main favorites. because I haven't played a really good Zelda game since Marjora's Mask.

Whats yours?

ctrl-alt-delete
10-23-2012, 07:21 PM
So you clearly haven't played Skyward Sword.

Zelda. Mario. Donkey Kong. Mega Man...

Ventus
10-23-2012, 07:25 PM
So you clearly haven't played Skyward Sword.
I've played Skyward Sword. But I just couldn't Fall in love with it like the other much older Zelda Games. the Wii Controls ruined it for me. But I'm not saying its not a good game.
Its just I wasn't a fan of the Wii controls in with those controls it made it hard for me to love the game.

mrz84
10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Metroid, Dragon Quest, Ogre Battle, Zelda, Final Fantasy the list goes on.

NewJourneysFire
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Castlevania, Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Assassin's Creed, Zelda, Fallout, Metroid, Need for Speed, and Final Fantasy.

Brasel
10-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Metal Gear Solid - Mega Man (Original Series Only) - Final Fantasy (1 - 12) - The Elder Scrolls - Assassin's Creed

erm2003
10-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I loved the Mega Man series through the Super Nintendo, Zelda of course, also enjoy Metroid a lot as well. Those are probably by biggest. I didn't mention Mario but there is always room for those games too.

Aliem
10-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Despite 13 and 14 not living up to everyone's expectations, Final Fantasy is bar none my favorite series, followed by Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. the .hack franchise is not far behind.

I don't know if you'd call them a series or not, but Team Ico's two games definitely deserve a mention.

King Aquamentus
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Not Chrono Trigger, Janus? I'm surprised...

...bad memories? >v>

Aliem
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
I always thought of Chrono Trigger as a standalone game. I haven't played Cross in ages, but never got why it was a sequel. I should replay it someday. CT is absolutely in the top 5 though =]

Also, I'm glad someone finally got where my nickname is from. Usually people think it's that one obscure Roman god.

erm2003
10-30-2012, 06:33 PM
CT is amazing. I find myself going back through it at least once a year. I think I have just about maxed out my levels for every character on my DS game and I have yet to tackle all the new stuff they put into it.

SUCCESSOR
10-31-2012, 05:06 AM
Also, I'm glad someone finally got where my nickname is from. Usually people think it's that one obscure Roman god.

It's not a GoldenEye reference? (joking)

My favorite series-es have always been Zelda and Final Fantasy, but neither have won any points recently. I loved Mega Man X 1 - 3 and always will. Fire Emblem would be my next choice but the latest installment just wasn't great.

mrz84
10-31-2012, 07:30 AM
I always thought of Chrono Trigger as a standalone game. I haven't played Cross in ages, but never got why it was a sequel. I should replay it someday. CT is absolutely in the top 5 though =]

The DS port of CT has a new ending that links CT with Cross, even if it isn't as major as the latter's plot connects it. Though to be fair, the DS port was released years later. Also, I always figured Janus came from CT. Didn't think of a Roman god ref until you mentioned it.

MasterSwordUltima
10-31-2012, 07:31 AM
Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, .hack (GU takes the cake), Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry. The ladyfriend is crazy over Portal, and I mean crazy (Probably over $3000 worth of Portal merchandise).

CastChaos
11-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Favourites:
Ultima
Final Fantasy
Zelda
Mario
Rayman
Mega Man/X
Jumping Flash

Gleeok
11-26-2012, 09:46 PM
While not technically a series, I'm a fan of tri-ace games, Some great, some not so great, but never cookie-cutter; Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile etc. The same thing goes for Treasure shooters - Radiant Silvergun, Gradius V, and Ikaruga are the greatest 2D shooters in the history of games.

Also FF, Megaman, et al.

Blanka
09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I'd have to say the Tekken series with FF a close second.