PDA

View Full Version : Shadow hearts, Anyone tried this game?

Ventus
10-14-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't think many people have played this game series... Its a pretty great game. matter of fact its one of my favorites.

See here for more Info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Hearts

Cover ----V
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/ShadowHearts.jpg
Note the game takes place in alternate world in 1913. Now when I first played the game I didn't really like it much.
But after playing it for awhile it grew on me. and now its one of my favorite games on the ps2 :)

So... to the point. I was wondering Has any one else played this game series?

mrz84
10-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Sadly, not yet. I didn't have a ps2 until about 2-3 years ago and at the time had a limited game budget. This one slipped under my radar, but I've been meaning to find a copy and try it out.

Ventus
10-15-2012, 09:50 AM
That's a shamed that you couldn't get it :(... But you should be able to find it in Gamestop? Or check Gamestop Online. I know My dad bought my mom the game back when came out in 2001. And still to this day is still a great game :).

mrz84
10-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I'll look into that, though I'll probably look on amazon/ebay as well.

CJC
10-15-2012, 12:42 PM
I played the sequel, but not the original. My dad also played their third game, but that one didn't grab me as much. I should probably give it a chance, eventually.

Ventus
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
My dad also played their third game, but that one didn't grab me as much
Now the third game wasn't nowhere as good as the first to games... SH:FTNW just felt like a spin off. but it was still pretty good. But I will say the best out of the three is Shadow hearts 2. that was one of the best game I've ever played :)

Gleeok
10-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I played this back in the day. It wasn't too bad at all. My main irk was the little "wheel of fortune" in battle that made you time up button presses. After a while it becomes distracting to the battle flow and gets old. :/ This kills the replay value for me. Never played any of the sequels though.

Ventus
10-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah the judgment ring was one thing that I hated at first... But I found it quite fun. it was like you were in control of your hit/miss ratio.

You know Gleeok you should give the second game a try one day. it was 100% better then the first game. and the battle system was improved in the second game.