PDA

View Full Version : Space Jump Live!

Ventus
10-14-2012, 12:12 PM
So anyone hear about this guy doing a Sky dive from space? I've been waiting for awhile now. and now he's doing it!

You can watch it here.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

I have to say I hope everything goes well.
If everything does this guy will break a world record :D and be the first man to break the sound barrier with out being in a plane.

Beldaran
10-14-2012, 01:00 PM
It seems like kind of a waste of time.

ctrl-alt-delete
10-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I thought it was pretty cool.

Brasel
10-14-2012, 04:30 PM
It seems like kind of a waste of time.

I'm not really up on the whole situation, but wouldn't something like this help advance technology to some degree?

Ventus
10-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Well I thought it was a awesome feat that was accomplished today :)
I'm glad that everything went perfect.

I'm not really up on the whole situation, but wouldn't something like this help advance technology to some degree?
You would think it would help some how. I don't know though.

Beldaran
10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
wouldn't something like this help advance technology to some degree?

What technology? Guy wearing a space suit jumps out of a balloon. Sponsored by Red Bull. It does not smell like science to me. :)

Brasel
10-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Aparantly, there were advances made in space suit technology.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/35850/felix+baumgartner+breaks+the+sound+barrier+while+s kydiving+after+jumping+from+24+miles+up/

The epic jump, the team has maintained, represents more than a mere stunt. Extensive research that went into this mission is expected to help scientists design safer and more effective space suits for future astronauts.

Beldaran
10-15-2012, 02:21 PM
well in that case, awesome!

Tim
10-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I was reading up on this feat. He was working with a man who tried the same some 30 or 40 years ago to achieve breaking the sound barrier. The man did it back then using an aircraft. The guy that jumped recently had also done an 11 and a 16 mile dive.