PDA

View Full Version : Link sometimes does not change direction after pushing diagonals

Finer
10-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Hello all. Has anyone noticed how Link does not change direction when pushing the joystick (or pressing the direction keys on the keyboard) under certain circumstances?

While Link is walking → or ←, if I press ↑ or ↓, he will change direction.
While Link is walking ↑ or ↓, if I press ← or →, he will not change direction.

I thought this was inconsistent and went some way to explain why it felt odd controlling Link in the game. I believed Zelda Classic had a bug.
I started a game on a NES emulator to compare and I was surprised to see it behaved exactly the same way! I am impressed with Zelda Classic's fidelity in this respect.

So yeah. Has anyone else noticed this? Do you care Link 'turns' differently and just play anyway? Is it something you get used to?

Would be nice if an option was included in the Quest - Rules - NES fixes, in a future update to the program.

WindStrike
10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
It's actually an issue with most keyboards, not the game itself. Namely down + left, some reason, that's usually the most common one (might be down + right actually). That's assuming your keys are set to the arrow keys of course. I haven't tested to see if the same issue occurs using wasd (I'd assume not considering I don't have this issue in FPS games), but overall, arrow keys... honestly, I don't know why they have that issue, but they simply do.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
03-08-2024, 06:40 PM
Smells like keyboard ghosting, like WindStrike mentioned.