PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State University Marching Band

erm2003
10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3iaxt7a16g

From the halftime performance when OSU played against Nebraska. They did an amazing tribute to video games. The most impressive part to me? Just wait until you get to the part where they played some music from the Legend of Zelda series!

Brasel
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I saw this yesterday. I was impressed. Marching in formation takes a lot of practice and isn't as easy as you might think. Trying to hit all the right spots on the football field while playing an instrument is hard. You have to not only play music that you have memorized, but also be mindful of where you are walking to. It's tough!

Majora
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I cried at the zelda one. Epic, epic stuff mang. Always brings a tear to my eye hearing the theme in an orchestrated context. ;~;

Brasel
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
When is the concert? Better bring a box of Kleenex.

mrz84
10-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Its beautiful! The part at the end with the Mario Flagpole was also great! And I had to rewatch it to notice the two poeple dressed as Mario and Luigi!

XMuppetSB
10-08-2012, 10:22 PM
This big video game tribute has got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen a marching band perform. I mean, they did tributes to Space Invaders, Pokemon, Tetris, Mario, Halo, Zelda, and Pac-Man. Then after the Game Over part, they even showed off the 100 coin block (or whatever that's supposed to be), which represents the University's 100th anniversary or whatever. Say, I wonder if any other marching bands could do a little video game tribute like this, but with other games, like Metroid, or Megaman.

DarkDragon
10-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Amazing. I can't imagine how much practice something like this takes to pull off.