PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Hyrule

DarthLink
10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Hello again Jamian (or anyone who has played this quest)

I am totally stuck on LV 4. I can't find any key, even though I've killed everything and pushed every block, as far as I can remember. Could you give me any pointers? Thanks a lot!

Jamian
10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
I assume you're referring to the very beginning of the level. You need to check the Armos.

DarthLink
10-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks! I was sure I had checked every Armos already, turns out I was wrong. On to Level 5! And thanks again for this great quest, I really liked the maze rooms in Level 4 where you had to look at the position of the Armos to guess which way to go.

AxmKap
05-08-2013, 11:04 PM
I've been playing this quest for a bit, but had a question about it. I have the raft and realized some of the docks do not launch the raft. Is that how it should be? BTW I really like this quest so far. Creative and challenging - but not impossible.

Jamian
05-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks. And yes, some of the raft docks are duds.

AxmKap
05-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Cool, one more question. Regarding those docks, how do I access the tree trunk cave in the bottom middle of that lake? I'm pretty sure I've tried just about every combination possible!

Jamian
05-11-2013, 08:22 AM
That one is just there to mess with you.

AxmKap
05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Haha nice! Ok so far I've gotten past levels 4, 5, and 6. In 7 now and I can't seem to figure out how to get a key for the room next to the entrance. I found a couple hidden rooms that have overworld type items but can't seem to get anywhere. I think I got all the available keys in the overworld (got through level 5 obviously).

UPDATE - Found the key!

AxmKap
05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Ok got one more question. I saw the hint about needing the whirlwind to get to level 8. Obviously the whistle. Anything else I should do, or anywhere in particular I should use it? I've tried it many many times. There's one part of the map I obviously haven't been to yet. I found the few screens under the level 7 entrance.

Jamian
05-12-2013, 06:39 AM
If you keep trying it (and face the same direction each time, that's how you influence the whistle warp) it will eventually take you to that area under level 7, which is where level 8 is located. I added an extra passage leading there in case people got bored of using the whistle.

AxmKap
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Ok cool, so you don't think I'm totally crazy, here's my dilemma. I'm in the area under level 7 where 8 is supposed to be. I bombed a wall in each top room (one is a potion shop, the other was a secret money room if I remember correctly). Second row left side has a shop under the armos. Second row right side has that narrow lake which I'm guessing has to be where 8 is. But I've tried everything from moving those statues to bombing them and even using a candle on them as well as on the edge of the water. Whistle just takes me away from the area. The bottom rooms just have the tree stumps and I've tried the whistle (takes me away again), whistling twice, burning the stumps, blowing them up, shooting with a silver arrow... no luck. Finally, I've tried walking into walls. Anything else I should do?

Jamian
05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
There is a bombable spot on the room where a single Lynel is hanging out.

AxmKap
05-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Ok, got through 8. One more question - is the Magic Key in 9? Or did I miss it in 8? I found the other item... Just curious because I'm in need of a key near the beginning of 9.

AxmKap
05-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Oh shoot, based on the other thread I read, I got the red ring in 8 but used all the keys I found there to get it and beat the level. So there's no way for me to get another key to actually get the Magic Key in 9?

Jamian
05-14-2013, 07:01 AM
If you've used a key from level 9 in level 8, then you are probably just missing a key from level 8. Level 9 should have all the needed keys.

AxmKap
05-15-2013, 10:45 PM
I'm going into 9 with zero keys, did not find a key yet there. I'll go back and try again. I figured I had to have done 8 correctly since I found all the keys to get the triforce and the one to get the ring.

AxmKap
05-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I ended up finishing the quest today. I think I got lucky and made the right choices halfway through and towards the end, so there are quite a few rooms I did not visit. I'm tempted to go back and explore but I think I'm gonna dive into the other 8 bit quest you did. I liked the room with the old man giving you the option on right or left. Honestly I was wondering if he was telling the truth! Nice job, creative levels.