PDA

View Full Version : Guinness World Records - Gamer Editions

King Aquamentus
10-04-2012, 06:02 PM
So, I don't know who pays attention to it, but the gamer edition of Guinness clearly doesn't give much of a damn for its subject matter:

http://fuzzygamer.webs.com/apps/blog/show/19206178-daft-guinness-world-records-2

Largest virtual beer festival - World of Warcraft (slay hard, play hard!)
Longest-lasting player corpse - Icir, Star Wars Galaxies (apparently left his corpse for three years before it was cleaned away. Thank god virtual corpses don't rot)
Biggest funeral for a fictional object - Air guitar funeral, Guitar Hero 2 launch
First videogame inspired by synaesthesia/First video game inspired by abstract expressionism - Rez
Longest plice stand-off with a videogame peripheral - Some bloke in Brazil who decided to take a woman hostage with a Sega light gun. Well done.

You'd think there would be scores or something listed instead... ?

Brasel
10-05-2012, 10:46 AM
One of our former AGN members is likely in there for fastest run through OoT. I can't check right now because I'm at work.

King Aquamentus
10-05-2012, 06:42 PM
lol TSA.

I doubt it, Anthony. as famous as he is for it, Guinness doesn't seem interested in that sort of thing. If you will click the link, you'll see that it is nothing but overspecified records like "first game to star someone wearing green with elf ears" or something.

Brasel
10-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh. Wait, seeing this now, I think I've seen this before. It was pretty silly then, too.

I think there was some other gaming records website or almanac or something that had a much better list of records and scores and stuff.

I didn't read the thread fully earlier because I was at work. Sue me. :)