PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Style Pizza

Brasel
09-28-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm going to Chicago this weekend. I need someone who's been or lives there to suggest a great pizza place to visit. I've still never had a real Chicago style pizza from a pizzaria in Chicago, despite making the trip several times.

erm2003
09-28-2012, 07:50 PM
I have been to Chicago once and some of the local people suggested trying Giordano's (http://www.giordanos.com/). It's kind of a chain but mainly in the Chicago area and they opened some in Florida. It was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it. If you are looking for something even more local than that to get away from anything chain like then I would ask locals when you go. I am sure they know some great places.

Brasel
09-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Giordano's. closest to where I was. Drinking lots of fat tire. Pizza isn't here yet.

Shadowblazer
09-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Mmmmm, Fat Tire. Good choice!

erm2003
09-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Fat Tire is pretty good. We can't get that stuff here. We have to pick it up any time we visit a friend of ours out that way or he brings it in for us.

King Aquamentus
09-30-2012, 10:17 AM
guess you got tired of flat, square pizza lol

Brasel
09-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll be honest, I don't really consider Imo's pizza. I like it, but its so different from anything else.

The Giordano's pizza was freaking amazing. I'll have to check out Gino's East next time I'm up there. I'm ruined for life...that pizza was just so damn good. That being said, Chicago style pizza is like a once every few months event. You don't eat something like that on a regular basis. I'm sure that the two and a half pieces that I ate made up for all the calories I should have eaten that day and then some.

SUCCESSOR
10-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Mmm Fat Tire and good Pizza! I would love some good pizza. Maybe in November because bills are going to kick my ass this month. I would love to visit Chicago some time. Possibly just for the food.