PDA

View Full Version : NFL and Referees finally have an agreement

erm2003
09-27-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066725/article/nfl-referees-union-agree-to-end-lockout (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066725/article/nfl-referees-union-agree-to-end-lockout?module=HP11_headline_stack)

THANK GOD. Now when I go to the Bills vs Pats game on Sunday maybe it won't be a giant piece of shit. Discuss.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-27-2012, 12:13 AM
What's amazing is how bad the debacle Monday night could come back to haunt ANY NFC wild card team...

Especially the Dallas Cowboys since they lost to Seattle. :( I'm telling you, shit. will. hit. the. fan. if there's a tie breaker.

Thank God they're back.

The Satellite
09-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Good to hear it. That call last night was a major gaffe (though the Packers really ought to be scoring more points against the Seahawks of all teams anyway so I still say it's their fault), but to be honest, I thought the replacements did admirably, and let's not forget, the regular refs made plenty of bad calls themselves. Sure, not in so close together a concentration, but I would have never called them perfect or close to it. But yeah, good to see the regulars back; they're at least marginally better than the replacements.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Good to hear it. That call last night was a major gaffe (though the Packers really ought to be scoring more points against the Seahawks of all teams anyway so I still say it's their fault), but to be honest, I thought the replacements did admirably, and let's not forget, the regular refs made plenty of bad calls themselves. Sure, not in so close together a concentration, but I would have never called them perfect or close to it. But yeah, good to see the regulars back; they're at least marginally better than the replacements.

I dunno, man, I have NEVER seen this many bad calls before. And I watch a lot of football.

DarkDragon
09-27-2012, 04:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066725/article/nfl-referees-union-agree-to-end-lockout (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066725/article/nfl-referees-union-agree-to-end-lockout?module=HP11_headline_stack)

THANK GOD. Now when I go to the Bills vs Pats game on Sunday maybe it won't be a giant piece of shit. Discuss.

It will be a giant piece of shit, but because of the Bills, not the refs.

erm2003
09-27-2012, 07:10 AM

Haha booo! Not totally true anymore. At least we are going into this game with a 2-1 record compared to the Pats 1-2. Even if we lose this game we come out tied with them. Last year we beat them at home so I am hoping for a repeat performance. We shall see. We seemed to have improved a bit where their defense... well, hasn't.

Beldaran
09-27-2012, 10:27 AM

bwa hahahaha

LemonCat
09-27-2012, 10:42 AM
As a Wisconsite and Badger fan, this was a pretty bittersweet game. On the one hand, Russel Wilson won. On the other, the Packers lost.

While the call was really terrible on the field, I still can't help but feel that if they really deserved to win they shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Still, I'm really happy to see how much this spotlighted the Ref's Union dispute and made it something the NFL really has to deal with instead of just quietly ignoring.

LemonCat
09-27-2012, 10:46 AM
As a Wisconsite and Badger fan, this was a pretty bittersweet game. On the one hand, Russel Wilson won. On the other, the Packers lost.

While the call was really terrible on the field, I still can't help but feel that if they really deserved to win they shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Still, I'm really happy to see how much this spotlighted the Ref's Union dispute and made it something the NFL really has to deal with instead of just quietly ignoring it.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-27-2012, 11:16 AM

While the call was really terrible on the field, I still can't help but feel that if they really deserved to win they shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Still, I'm really happy to see how much this spotlighted the Ref's Union dispute and made it something the NFL really has to deal with instead of just quietly ignoring it.

Everybody always uses that argument, but it's REAL hard when it's your favorite team.

OU Sooners seem to get screwed every few years.