PDA

View Full Version : How many of you like fighting games?!

Majora
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56lqQx2m6mk&t=9m10s

This one's been in the works for like a year or so and it's still in "pre-alpha" stage. Meaning the final product might have entirely different mechanics and such. Yeah the occasional combo-stringing rapist as an opponent is kind of irritating but other than that it's pretty fun! It was leaked almost 2 months ago but I snagged a copy a few weeks back. :bouncy:

I hope it's finished soon jesus fuck. 3:

And yes, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10691609/MLP/f2d7937b-27d7-4709-b6a0-974a355d4e42.jpg

mrz84
09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm anticipating this game as well. Can't find where I can play/donwload the leaked alpha though. Not a big deal though, I can wait.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Call me weird, but I'll stick with Smash Bros.

Majora
09-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Smash bros is more an "arena" style fighting game. there's dynamic stages and items. This one is more like street fighter. static stages and no items, just your fists. or in this case, your hooves. as for snagging a download, there's a torrent of it somewhere. even though it's not technically PIRATE-ing since the game is free, I still won't say the site I got it from in order to keep the mods at BAY.

Tim
09-26-2012, 02:52 AM
I'll stick to getting owned by people in Capcom based fighters.

mrz84
09-26-2012, 07:30 AM
From my understanding, the game was going to be released once the Mane 6 were finished and implemented into the game. I've been keeping tabs on the site and they're been holding auditions for Rainbow Dash's voice and they just closed them to decide on one. I've heard nothing about Fluttershy yet, other than a few released pics of her idle stance. I do remember though that once the Mane 6 are finished and the game is released, they'd release the rest of the characters as DLC over time, also free jsut like the game.

On another note, I'm interested to see how Pegasi are impelented as I remember that each type of pony (earth, unicorn, pegasus) was going to have something unique about it mechanics wise. Can't remember the earth pony one, but my guess is magic for the unicorns. Pegasi (from another guess) would be their wings which would probably make them more aerial fighters.

Majora
09-28-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.mane6.com

There's a video embed of some matches going on. :3 Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are in the game now along with the latter's stage.

mrz84
09-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweet. I'll have a looksie later. Nice to see the Mane 6 in the game now. Once they polish it, I'm hoping they release it soon.

Gleeok
10-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Finally! ...a fighting game for furry lovers with a sexy horse fetish. Ho ho. :P

But seriously, I am a big fan of 2D fighters and what I can tell this game needs a little more depth and game-play polish.

ShadowTiger
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Gotta start somewhere. :p I thought there was a thread on this somewhere already.

Majora
10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
http://youtu.be/cDOThkRD8Jk The final round of the tourney.

And yes the game is way from complete. but everyone wanted a tournament to happen so it happened. The commentator on the right is (the lead?) a dev and he was still patching and fixing some stuff during the con. Fluttershy is in the game but has almost no animations, no hitbox, and only one move. Rainbow Dash is missing a few animations and has no supers (and is also horrendously broken otherwise).

I was watching all the fighting is magic stuff all day and the majority of people were terribad. Granted, almost no one at the con likely played the leaked build of the game so it's understandable. But overall I get the impression that this isn't a pony game for fighting fans. It's a fighting game for pony fans.

Blanka
09-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Love 'em!
I remember way back when the very first Street Fighter hit the arcades. It's staggering at how much it has advanced since then. My favorite Fighter series is Tekken.