PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 3rd Quest

pixcalibur
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Pretty interesting game here. Almost at the end. Just trying to figure out how to get to Ganon. Every path I go on leads back to the start. Which path should I take to get to Ganon?

Thanks.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Welcome to AGN! We hope to see you hang around and post. Here is the information I found relating to your question:

LEVEL 9:
Go to where the narrow stream bends at a right angle (below death mountain). Cross it and go 1 screen left. Bomb the wall.

If for some reason that doesn't help or is inaccurate, keep checking back, your question will be answered properly rather soon.

I assume you know ZC can be used to create custom quests and play custom quests created by other people?

Go to www.zeldaclassic.com to download quests. If you have any further questions, this is the place to be!

pixcalibur
09-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Well, I got that far already. Already found red ring and silver arrows. The only thing missing is how to get to Ganon. Every passage I go through, including the one with many bosses from other levels, takes me back to the start. Even the narrow passage up past the blue wizzrobes has those stairs taking me back to the start? Which passage could I be missing here?

Thanks.

CJC
09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Well I don't have the answer, but I know where it can be found. Open 3rd up with ZQuest and find the map for level 9. You can look from screen to screen to find the correct route, and if you don't go into the enemies menu it won't actually spoil the dungeon.
You'll want to familiarize yourself with the Door menu, though, so you can tell the difference between a shutter and a one-way shutter (which is not apparent by sight).

EDIT: Come to think of it, it might require a warp... I'll see what I can find.

EDIT EDIT: Okay, going backwards from the end room...
Down, left, up, stair warp to... entrance? Uh oh...

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

From the Entrance, go up, up, left, left, and bomb the north wall. Then, go Left, Down, and Down to screen 6B.
In screen 6B, defeat the two lanmolas and then take the stairs to screen 79.
In screen 79, walk to the right wall. You will pass through the wall at the door frame. Clear the next room and head up, to screen 6A.
In a room with a four-headed Gleeok (Screen 6A), defeat the boss and then push the block immediately north of the left shutter and mid-left fish statue. This will reveal stairs that take you to Screen 08.
From Screen 08, down, right, up, and right to Screen 0A.
From Screen 0A (Looks like a key, had a bomb on it), push the brick and take the stairs to screen 0F. From screen 0F go down, left, up (Feed the Goriya), left, stairs to screen 1B (defeat 8 wizzrobes). From screen 1B go RIGHT (do not go up!), fight Ganon, and go up. Congratulations!

I did it by fishing through 'Proposed 3rd Quest' from ZQuest version 2.10. I can't even imagine beating that dungeon.

pixcalibur
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM
It's protected by a password, so I can't even get into the file. Uh, so if the stairs near the end also go to the start, what's the correct route then?

CJC
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I didn't realize the original 3rd quest was password protected. I was thinking of Proposed 3rd when I suggested that option.

Here is the correct path, which I fished out of Proposed 3rd from version 2.10.

From Entrance: Up, Up, Left, Left, Bomb Up, Left, Down, Down, Stairs, Right (Through intangible wall), up, kill Gleeok, push the stone immediately north of eastern shutter, take stairs, down, right, up, right, push block at keyhole and take stairs, down, left, feed Goriya to go up, go left, clear enemies and take stairs, go RIGHT, fight Ganon, profit.

pixcalibur
09-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh man, that was a bit cruel with having to push the block in the room with gleeok. The red bubbles resulting in no sword for the next part, which was painful. The rooms of fireballs didn't help any. Lucky for potions.

Thanks for the tips there. Man quest 3 was a SOB to go through, but satisfying to see 0 deaths at the end.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Congratulations! Now, join us in the other forums for discussion about everything else in the world so we can get to know you. And don't forget to try other quests! There's a good recommendation thread located in this very forum titled "What 5 quests should I play?"

discopickles
09-24-2012, 12:53 AM
OMG ! I have been trying to find help with this quest for 2 weeks now. Can you help ?

I am in level 8 & cannot get to boss. I have made a map, bombed & blown the whistle everywhere. Pushed every wall & block I can.

What am I missing here ? Assistance would be much appreciated

CJC
09-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Dungeon Eight... let's see if we can do this one backwards from the triforce room...

Left, Left, Stairs to Screen 16, Left through intangible wall, Stairs to Screen 32 (Push Right Block), Up through intangible wall, right (Key door), up, left (Key door), Up, Right (Key door), Right (Bomb Wall), Right, Stairs to Screen 30 (Push single right block at far edge of Gleeok pen), down (key door), right (key door), down, down (Bomb Wall), right, down, down (entrance!)

Hurray! That was much easier than mapping Dungeon Nine. Now I'll turn it around so that you can actually use it.

From the Entrance:
Up, left (Shutter, kill the boss), up (Bomb the Wall), up, left (key door), up (key door), stairs to screen 05, left (Shutter, kill the boss), left (Bomb Wall, do NOT go down), left (key door), down (shutter door, clear the room), right (key door), down (Pay the 50 rupees), left (Key Door), Down (through intangible wall), stairs to screen 15 (Push the middle block in the left array), right (through intangible wall), stairs to screen 25 (push the left block), right (Shutter, clear the room), Fight Boss, Right, Profit!

discopickles
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
CJC I think I just fell in love with you ! How did I miss this simple walk through wall. I'd bombed it enough times but obviously had not pushed against it. Boss wiped out in 30 seconds flat. Too easy. I can not thank you enough...there is stuff all helps for this quest online.

Now on to level 9

pixcalibur
09-25-2012, 04:19 AM
red ring isn't too hard to find. Silver arrows is nearby, but not in the most obvious spot. It's finding the path to ganon that can be a pain. Make sure to bring potions and meat

discopickles
10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the help. I finished level 8 & lost interest for a week. Started level 9 last night & finished this morning. 396 deaths. Yes I am one reckless Discopickles.....

That was EPIC - now what ?