PDA

View Full Version : That Borderlands 2 Thread.

ShadowTiger
09-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh, just FYI, I am in no way, shape, or form proficient at making thread titles interesting, short of adding "Contains nudity for some reason" into the title, then posting images of various wildlife and insects with no clothing on, because I don't like to lie.

... um, anyway.

Borderlands 2! Anyone else playing this? I currently have a level 24'ish Assassin. This topic WILL contain spoilers, because the plot is good enough that you won't want to spoil anything for yourself. So the following spoiler should not be viewed if you have not made the approach to the Vault Key yet: -=SPOILER=- So yeah. That. I'm pretty shocked. I mean we all knew it was coming, but even though we did, you have to admit, it was a fantastic layer of plot twists one on top of another on top of another.

I am very impressed, and I don't even know how much left of the game is left. (Please don't spoil anything.)

Oh, for anyone having difficulty, I find that once you find an SMG or combat rifle that has high damage, a high rate of fire, and acid damage, you need to keep that weapon. Having something similar with slag damage is also very useful, because then the corrosive damage weapon will do even more damage. Same thing with a flame weapon.

I used to think that I really needed a sniper for long-distance shots, and a missile launcher for high-damage shots, but I really don't need those anymore. That caustic weapon has been all I'm using lately.

mrz84
09-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Ya, in the first one I jsut loved adic/flame weapons. They were awesome against just about anything. As for this game, I haven't finished everything from the 1st yet (for various reasons) so I'll not be playing it until I finish the previous one (that's just how I am with sequels/prequels in general). When I do though I'm up for some vault key-searchin fun!

ShadowTiger
10-03-2012, 05:38 PM
So anyone really playing this, yet? I've finished the game with my Assassin, (not necessarily the best character class, IMHO...) and I'm looking for other things to do. Looking forward to the DLCs.

Majora
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6364-Borderlands-2

It's basically a substanceless sequel. Nothing new, just get/torrent Borderlands 1 and hire a stripper to smack you in the face with a rubber chicken while you play to replicate the feel of Borderlands 2.

Brasel
10-03-2012, 08:26 PM
I want to get the first one again. I sold it awhile back when it was still worth money to sell it. Now I can probably get it for $5. I'm not very good at first person shooters. I really wanted to like the first one, but I just couldn't get into it. I really want to play it with someone, but I don't know anyone else with a PS3.

ShadowTiger
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
So the Mechromancer, Gaige (Her name) is out if you pre-ordered the game. Haven't played her yet, as I'm still working my way through a Commander run and I still haven't touched New Game Plus with my Assassin after finishing the game with him, but eventually I'll probably go with Gaige and her robot.

Bagel
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I have finished the game with a commando in both modes. A nice touch is that once you finish the "newgame+" mode, everything is scaled up to level 50 so you can go literally anywhere and have a chance of getting an amazing scaled loop drop.

I have just barely started the mechromancer with the intent of saving her for possibly online play. Or maybe I'll run a Siren for that, I dunno.

The Gunzerker is definitely the "easy mode" class if you're playing alone, though. Holy cow does he mow things down. Commando is next easiest, followed by the Assassin, and then supposedly by the Siren. Apparently the Mechromancer does have a skill tree geared toward more casual players, but I don't intend to take advantage of that one (I enjoy really hard games.)

CJC
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Finally beat the game! Level 33 commando. The last region was such a pain, because enemies continually killed me in two hits. I can't imagine getting past an area like that with any other class (except maybe Mechromancer, but I haven't purchased her yet).

I think I'll play a Siren next. I was looking at her red skill tree and it is quite enticing.