PDA

View Full Version : The historic, haunted hotel I work at

mrz84
09-20-2012, 08:59 AM
I mentioned in the thread "What's going on in your life?" thread and after 2 requests on more info about it, here's a thread for it!

First I'll tell you the name of the hotel (it kinda improtant after all to know its name at least for obvious reasons). I work at the Elms Hotel & Spa in Excelsior Springs, MO. The hotel is actually currently in the last leg of new renovations after it was bought by Widewaters last year. Anyways, to the good stuff.

It was first built in 1888, burned down, rebuilt, burned down again and then finally rebuilt a 3rd time with MO limestone to prevent a 3rd fire burning. The current Elms has stood for 100 years. We have the largest indoor lappool in the country.

The Elms has seen lots of famous faces over the past 125 years. The likes of Al Capone, Harry S. Truman, Travis Milon (sp?), just recently this summer an unnamed member of Van Halen stayed during one of their KC concerts (we where never told which one and to keep hush-hush on it for privacy reasons).

Now for the ghosts that haunt the hotel (as I'm sure that's what most of you are interested in anyways). I'll say first that I have not DIRECTLY encountered any of the spooks i'm about to mention. The 1st ghost is that of a mother on the 3rd floor looking for her lost son. A maid dressed in a 1920s maid outfit is often reported by guests to be seen cleaning in the halls. Overlooking the pool is a bar with a large window that people have reported seeing a man dressed in an all white suit when the bar is supposed to be closed. An Elvis impersonator fell from his 4th floor window and died (its remains unknown if he simply fell out, jumped, or was pushed) and can sometimes be seen wandering the hotel or falling out of his former room's window again. Another ghost has reportedly been seen reliving its last moments by also falling to its death (on the other side of the hotel, so not the same spook). A ghost the staff calls "Charlie" often plays pranks on everybody (guests and staff alike).

That's all the ghosts I know about. Hope you enjoy it.

Tim
09-20-2012, 10:49 AM
My friend claims that he has witnessed a ghost named 'Alex' that would prank him late at night, (I am assuming these are half-sleep drunk visions he had.) He said he was a tall man wearing a purple poncho. Upon looking in the garage after he started seeing this apparition, we found a thick purple blanket. He also claims to had heard a scream one night, so he rushed downstairs and asked what happened.

I sleep in the room he used to on the weekends. I have not experienced any phenomenon, even when I find the bottom of the bottle. It's likely that if there is a ghost, it's just out for him and only him.