PDA

View Full Version : The "Dare Game"

ctrl-alt-delete
09-18-2012, 03:32 AM
Basically, the idea is to have a game where members are dared to do something. The dare can be anything at all as long as it doesn't break the TOS.

Example: I dare you to advertise Zelda Classic on neogaf. (Do not accept this dare yet until the game truly begins, kiddos.)

Once the dare is accomplished and proof has been provided(screenshot), that person gets an icon for their sig and gets to be the next darer and so on and so forth. The sig image could be rewarded to any member that accepted the dare, but only the first person to post proof gets to make the next dare.

I think it'd be good for a few reasons:

1. Activity, obviously.
2. It could help with content creation. (I dare you to make an AGN signature banner.) Which will lead to...
3. Advertisement in various forms. (Come play ZC. come play the dare game, etc.)
4. Fun. (I dare you to video yourself slapping a stranger in the face.)

Thoughts? Name ideas for said game? Suggestions? Questions? What should the sig image be? (Ideas: Pendant of Courage from ALttP, heart containers which turn into full hearts after collecting certain number...) Leaning towards Pendant of Courage as I think we could incorporate Wisdom and Power somehow too. Any ideas for those? Heart containers could be used for something else entirely.

(Wisdom could be given out for nominations for best post, most helpful, etc. Power something else.)

Help me brainstorm.

(Between this and TQ, I'm on a roll. Feel free to thank me for being awesome in this thread.)

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe the Pendants should be used as gifts for superlatives...

"Highest Quality Posts -- Rydia -- Pendant of Wisdom. Best New Member -- NJF -- Courage.)

ctrl-alt-delete
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
ShadowTiger has come up with the brilliant idea of using Bait as the sig image. "You baited me into it."

Also, we could or could not call this game "Master Bait." Lol.

I feel like there are many ideas here that could be separated or all fall into this one game. (Maybe this game strictly needs to be real life, physical dares while making images and whatnot could fall to something else."

Anybody have any other ideas for incentive to play, other than sig image, getting to dare, and fun? Or do you think that's enough?

mrz84
09-18-2012, 11:16 AM
It seems interesting, but the RL part seems ify. If you get dared to do something to a complete stranger and they take offense, it could lead to trouble (be it in court or otherwise) so maybe the other ideas would work better. The pendant of courage seems like an itneresting idea though.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-18-2012, 12:24 PM
It seems interesting, but the RL part seems ify. If you get dared to do something to a complete stranger and they take offense, it could lead to trouble (be it in court or otherwise) so maybe the other ideas would work better. The pendant of courage seems like an itneresting idea though.

http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?94772-Mission-Fairy

Split up the ideas. As far as RL, that was kind of a bad example. It would have to be legal things or only to friends or something. Dares would have a time limit. If nobody completes it in a certain time period, then a new dare could be posted.

Thanks for the input.

Gleeok
09-19-2012, 01:52 AM
I dare you to permanently lock this thread. :wink: *wins the asshat paradox and most noncontributing to this thread award*

Sounds interesting.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-19-2012, 01:57 AM
But what should the name of the game be???

ctrl-alt-delete
09-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Let's get this going...I'll edit the original post later.

I dare you to watch an entire episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

(Honor system mainly, but try to provide SOME proof if possible...video, or maybe a photo with a piece of paper that says your username next to the screen.)

ctrl-alt-delete
09-22-2012, 06:25 PM
My dare was physically impossible. Somebody else start the game off with a good dare.