PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Brasel
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Halloween is more than a month away, but I'm already excited. I'm one of those adults who just can't seem to grow up. I was Naked Snake last year, and it was a pretty rad costume. I throw an annual Halloween party at my house, and it's usually pretty awesome.

So, does anyone else continue to act like a bunch of children on Halloween, or are me and my friends the only ones?

I think this year, I'm going to be Mega Man.

LemonCat
09-12-2012, 09:01 PM
If I were anywhere near the New York area, I'd be spending the evening at Hallowmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69i2cpGa8Kw). One of my favorite bands always does a special concert for the evenin which ends by them summoning the Great Pumpkin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uci_1MYA2J8&feature=related).

Alas instead I'll just be hopping from house to house in a silly top hat drinking things of god only knows what. Such is the college life.

mrz84
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I've been wanting to dress up as Blues/Proto Man for years now, but never had the money or time to make a decent costume (mostly the buster, helmet, and shield weere the problem). Maybe this year or next year...

Xyvol
09-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Every year I try to work on Halloween. It is the only time we get to break the rules and wear something different, plus it's fun going to work in your costumes. I usually try to work during the day, and then find a friend with kids to hang out with at night as we walk around the neighborhoods taking them trick-or-treating. I love seeing all the different costumes people come up with. One year I did Simon Belmont from the first Castlevania. A few years ago I did an Indiana Jones costume. I've been wearing the hat ever since.
Unfortunately I think I'm just gonna recycle something this year. I don't really feel like going through the process of building something new.

Aliem
09-13-2012, 01:57 AM
It's in the middle of the week this year, and I have an international relations exam at 9:40 the next morning. That said, I'm planning on having a party at my apartment the Saturday before. My roommate wants to do an Adventure Time thing, with me as Finn and him as Jake.

ShadowTiger
09-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I might go as a Vulcan. If I were more of a dick, I'd probably be going as a Romulan.

My store is letting us be in costume while on the clock, but I don't know where I'm going to find a Romulan Disruptor in a month. Damnit, Cochrane, where are you...

mrz84
09-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Every year I try to work on Halloween. It is the only time we get to break the rules and wear something different, plus it's fun going to work in your costumes.

I know. right? At work there's a vacuum I wear on my back to clean certain areas of the hotel. Whenever somebody see me in uniform with it, the Ghostbusters puns never seem to end. They've also suggested I wear it during the entire day on halloween dressed as a ghostbuster because they said it would be awesome. I think Luigi would be better due to the vacuum being worn on my back and with a similar appearance to the Poltergeist 3000 (or whatever its called) from Luigi's Mansion.

The Satellite
09-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Kind of early for a Halloween topic. O_o

I don't usually do much more than sit on the porch and pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Sometimes I dress up, sometimes I don't. Normally I wear a homemade Rorschach costume, but it gets hard to see when it gets darker out, so I don't always stay in costume all night. Here's a pic (http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/9019_161473034439_7148366_n.jpg).

ctrl-alt-delete
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't really dress up ever. I was dick in a box one year though, lol.

We usually throw some pretty big bashes but now that we have a 1 year old, it's probably time for some Trick or Treating. :)

mrz84
09-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Kind of early for a Halloween topic. O_o

I don't usually do much more than sit on the porch and pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Sometimes I dress up, sometimes I don't. Normally I wear a homemade Rorschach costume, but it gets hard to see when it gets darker out, so I don't always stay in costume all night. Here's a pic (http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/9019_161473034439_7148366_n.jpg).

First, I agree that its probably a bit too early for halloween talks, but tell that to the stores. They're already trying to shove it down my throat in my town so they can skip thanksgiving (they always do) and go straight to christmas and new year's.

Second, that costume is awesome-ing!

King Aquamentus
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Anyone who says you are too old to dress up on Halloween is not human, or represents in extremist religious sanct, or has been or knows someone corrupted by one of these people.

Adults just need the proper venue is all: like a party or a special event. I myself am planning on a sort of haunted tour of a town in Saint Louis (well shit Anthony could come and do this with me) dressed as Dr. Ray Stantz from Ghostbusters.

The Satellite
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
First, I agree that its probably a bit too early for halloween talks, but tell that to the stores. They're already trying to shove it down my throat in my town so they can skip thanksgiving (they always do) and go straight to christmas and new year's.Oh I've noticed that. I guess people like to prepare early, but a month and a half ahead of time? That's kind of ridiculous...
Second, that costume is awesome-ing!Thanks! I'm just pleased at how cheap it was to compile by hand and make instead of buying an official costume. Heck most costumes I've seen anyway are actually worse than the one I made at home. All it took was finding the hat and coat; the rest of it were items I already had around the house, like the pants, gloves, and admittedly the scarf is just a rolled-up skirt but it works. And yes, those are indeed panty hose on my face. Never used, I assure you. >_> <_<

King Aquamentus
09-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't think it's too early for a halloween topic at all. I mean it *is* next month. I got a proton pack I need to repair and I still haven't had the time to really do it.

Xyvol
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM
It seems like it's too early for all the retail crap to be appearing, the endless rows of candy, the electronic figures that go boo, ect.
However I know from prior experience that if you're going to be building your costume yourself, you'd best get started now.

Dechipher
09-13-2012, 08:10 PM
My favorite day of the year, by far. I need to find a costume. Might be going with a girl this year, so we gotta coordinate what we're doing.

Brasel
09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Adults just need the proper venue is all: like a party or a special event. I myself am planning on a sort of haunted tour of a town in Saint Louis (well shit Anthony could come and do this with me) dressed as Dr. Ray Stantz from Ghostbusters.

Shit, son. Let me know where and when, and I'll at least come out and see it.

jerome
09-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Last year for Halloween I got to be underway, but this year I get to be home with my wife for the first Halloween together. Plan on giving out copious amounts of candy.

King Aquamentus
09-16-2012, 10:13 AM
oh wait... it might be invite-only. Sorry Anthony. :/ Still there's gotta be some other halloween thing going on in bullet city :/

Beldaran
09-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I might go as a Vulcan. If I were more of a dick, I'd probably be going as a Romulan.

My store is letting us be in costume while on the clock, but I don't know where I'm going to find a Romulan Disruptor in a month. Damnit, Cochrane, where are you...

Right on! I wore a Star Trek Voyager engineering crew member costume the last couple of years.

I love Halloween, and it is my favorite holiday... but I rarely end up doing anything that cool. My wife and I are such recluses. =D

ShadowTiger
09-17-2012, 05:10 PM
A damn shame, that. This will be the first year I'm actually dressing up for Halloween, simply because I can. In fact it's going to be a wonderful opportunity to respond to stupid questions with "I don't care what you do, but stay out of the Neutral Zone, Federation! >:-("

Chris Miller
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Not sure what I should do this year.
Last year, I looked in random peoples' windows to scare them. You know, I had no idea you could get arrested for that...:(

ctrl-alt-delete
09-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Not sure what I should do this year.
Last year, I looked in random peoples' windows to scare them. You know, I had no idea you could get arrested for that...:(

I have to know if this really happened...