PDA

View Full Version : Round 35 -- RPG -- Ventus

ShadowTiger
09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
First Hint: This somewhat old RPG's arch-villain's name can also be found by spelling his mild-mannered alter-ego's name in reverse. Even your Rogue'ish little sister didn't think of that one.

Brasel
09-09-2012, 10:25 PM
You've got me completely stumped. I can't think of it at all. I know I'll feel dumb when I see it.

Glenn the Great
09-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, it's probably from some super-obscure RPG that I'm not going to have even heard of. Bonus points if it was never released in the NA.

Gleeok
09-10-2012, 12:00 AM
The answer should be Werdna (Andrew Greenberg). :) The Wizardry series is home to some of the best old school dungeon-crawlers of all time.

ShadowTiger
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Oh dear, seems this one's a good one.

Second Hint: It's on the PC, though there were some spin-off games made of it that seem to only be on consoles, I believe. They're more action-oriented.

Third Hint: "My old Inn's as clean as an elven arse." Probably the first line you'll hear in the game, and the most memorable.

Fourth Hint: The answer is the name of the game. I didn't include any special characters in it.

Ventus
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/triforcequest/baldursgate.gif
I haz triforce :P

Now what do I do? make the next one? because I can't think of a category. maybe someone else make the category?

DarkDragon
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
The answer should have been Yendor, given the Rogue clue ;)

Gleeok
09-10-2012, 10:48 PM
The answer should have been Yendor, given the Rogue clue ;)

Interesting, I had to look that up. Good one. :)

Chronologically it was later than the original Wizardry trilogy, so the name idea was likely stolen inspired by it, though NetHack does fit the RogueLike clue better. At any rate Baldurs Gate < Nethack or Wizardry so I declare shenanigans. :P

ShadowTiger
09-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah, this one was a difficult one to find some worthy hints for, if the full gamut of PC RPGs wasn't experienced first. Still, wonderful guesses, one and all. I really wish I could give the points to everyone, but that would mess things up. x X.