PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare's Quests for ZC 2.50

Nightmare
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
As I was doing before, I'm redoing my ZC quests for ZC 2.50 RC 4.

Is there anything people would like to see with them?

For New Quest 2012, would you like a classic version, a new music version, or both?

Open to other suggestions on James Quest 2012, James Quest 2: Wizard Quest 2012, and New Quest 2 2012: Turn Back Time, as long as they don't include new major dungeons. I'm on a time crunch from school and kinda have moved on, but might be able to do a little Easter Egg or something.

Write me back.

EDIT: There might be small rewards for people that help beta testing. I'm kinda broke, but there are things I can do (like Shiny Pokemon or something) for those that help a lot and/or produce record-time speed runs.

-James

Gleeok
08-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Cool. What are you planning on changing in these quests if you aren't adding or changing levels though - new items and more enemies?

I played though JQ1 and the first half of JQ2 a while back when I was testing RC2/3 for compatibility bugs and fixed any that popped up. Unless I missed something I think those should play fine.

Nightmare
08-31-2012, 11:33 AM
I was planning on a new music set for New Quest and POSSIBLY overlaying the Demo Tileset for New Quest, but I'm in a major time crunch honestly. I'm mostly doing this for job reasons: The industry wants to know how I did it essentially and could mean the difference between getting hired and not hired, and things that don't work don't help me. ;-)

And yes, I'm working a small, unpaid contest. http://forums.twingalaxies.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29707. Essentially, most bugs and fastest time, starting first with New Quest and working down the chain.

-James

Gleeok
09-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Let me know if anyone beats my JQ1 record. (I need to see it to believe it) ;)

I believe all those quests *should* be playable in the newest version without upgrading the quest file or doing anything like that. Worse case scenario: Pick the best/favorites out of those and hope that years of compatibility fixes won't let you down. ;)

Nightmare
09-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Take a video of your best time. You're qualified as well.

I exported them as .QSU's and imported them into 2.50 RC 4. So that's half the reason for this crazy contest. If you want an early start into James Quest 1 and 2 I'd be more than happy and just announce your times when the contest time for those comes up.

-James