PDA

View Full Version : Round 18 -- Current Events -- Xyvol

ShadowTiger
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
First Hint: This Town in the American South is definitely still kickin'

Xyvol
08-27-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/triforcequest/houston.gif

I'll pick Nintendo Games for the next catagory.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Xyvol, I'd love an explanation as to how you got that. Lol. Congratulations! Another hint is about to be posted in Nineteen!

Xyvol
08-27-2012, 10:54 PM
I debated posting it because I'm still not sure of the event it pertains to. My first guess was New Orleans for hurricane Katrina. I tried Dallas for a football related guess. I googled stuff. I was stumped for a while. Any time I looked at the south, hurricane Issac kept turning up, so I thought it might have something to do with that. It seemed to be the most prominent event going on in that part of the country, so I started guessing major cities near the gulf coast.
That was my line of thought over the last few hours anyway. In the end it was just a lucky guess I suppose.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Well, that's good enough for this game! I'm about to change the method of displaying the images in your signature to save server space and to make it a little easier on myself and ST. :)

Xyvol
08-27-2012, 11:29 PM
If they are going to be the same, shouldn't there be just one image? Then we just use it as the link to the thread proving our victory for each?

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Haha, the link to the thread was the original plan but we decided a tally would be a little simpler. Basically, I'll set it up so that once your victory is confirmed, you can just edit a single digit in your signature to add a triforce piece.

Xyvol
08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
NASA mission control is also based in Houston...

ShadowTiger
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I was thinking of Whitney Houston's death. D: ... how the Town is still kickin', whereas Whitney, on the other hand, not so much. But good show sir. Good show.