PDA

View Full Version : Triforce Quest

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm posting this here for now to help generate ideas until I finalize it. I sent this to ST in a message:

Need you to do me a favor when you get a chance if you don't mind--Need you to make me some sort of trophy image with a transparent background. It's an idea for a new forum game--I'm going to name the image something and upload it to the FTP and then release hints until somebody downloads it. They can then place it into their signature. Then I would reupload it named something else. http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/images/blank.gifI'll let you decide size, animation(sparkles?), colors, jewels...just be as creative as you want.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a trophy...maybe a question mark block a la mario(since its location will be a mystery)? Maybe there should be more than one image? Like the url could be www.armageddongames.net/finderskeepers/triforce.gif (http://www.armageddongames.net/finderskeepers/triforce.gif) and the image could be a little triforce? Help me brainstorm. http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/images/blank.gif

I'd have my wife, username annnuh, run it while I'm gone.

I'm thinking I'll call it Finders Keepers, but even that is up for suggestions. Once I get it finalized, I'll make a sticky thread in Forum Games to post the hints. (You'll have to join the usergroup to access it.)

What do you guys think? Interested? Opinions on name, image, anything else? Questions, comments, concerns?

erm2003
08-26-2012, 09:37 AM
This really does sound like a fun idea! There are a lot of creative things that can be done with this so yeah I'm game. I like the idea of the image being a Triforce given the ZC hosting and all.

mrz84
08-26-2012, 09:57 AM
So its basically 20 questions-ish or a guessing game? Sounds interesting no matter how it is.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Basically:

I would upload the image somewhere in the finderskeepers directory.

I would slowly release hints in posts until somebody finds the URL of the image. That user could then add it to their signature.

Then, I'd reupload another image to a different URL for the next round. Repeat.

We could either do one consistent image or numerous images. If we did a triforce, I could easily add numbers to the center to keep track of who won each contest. Or, individual users could make the images links back to the post where they claimed the image.

So basically, we just need to decide: Name of game, and one image(and what?) or numerous images?

erm2003
08-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I do like the idea of a numbered image to kind of keep record of the winners. It can turn it into a nice friendly competition among everyone here.

mrz84
08-26-2012, 03:14 PM
I agree with erm, that would be pretty sweet.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 03:30 PM
I do like the idea of a numbered image to kind of keep record of the winners. It can turn it into a nice friendly competition among everyone here.

That's the idea! I kind of wish I could play, but running the game will be fun too.

Once I talk to ST, I'll finalize details based on his opinion. If anybody is creative, they can make a sig image for me to "advertise" the game. (Isn't there a way to easily do this online?)

I think this will by far be the most fun "Forum Game" ever. I googled around and couldn't find any examples of anybody doing anything similar. In fact, I'd wager that it will attract members.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Also, if we decide on a Triforce the name should probably be "Triforce Quest" after The Wind Waker, right?

And if we do the Triforce, should it be shards that are sort of like puzzle pieces you can put together, or the whole thing with a number in the middle?

ShadowTiger
08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I would be more than happy to split the Triforce into 8 pieces for the sake of a forum game. :P ... then number each piece, and make it spin a little... oh yeah.

erm2003
08-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Just as a reminder make sure you join the Forum Games usergroup to join in on the fun. It has just begun so if you want to play the Triforce Quest game join the group and watch for the updates in the subforum under Forum Games.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2012, 12:46 AM
The game is live!

Go here: http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?192-Triforce-Quest

And if you haven't already, make sure you join the Forum Games Member usergroup here: http://armageddongames.net/profile.php?do=editusergroups

SUCCESSOR
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I must has all the triforce!!!!11

EDIT: Aw, I can't talk all in caps... I might have to come up with something useful to say.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Added a poll to the thread. Wondering if being a subforum is causing it to get less attention that in deserves...thoughts?

CJC
09-18-2012, 08:45 PM
It definitely should have its own forum, because at the moment it's suffocating Forum Games. The 'Latest Post' link is more important than it seems, and TQ and Forum Games are currently fighting each other.