PDA

View Full Version : My whole life has been a lie.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 05:36 AM
zAFcV7zuUDA

TED is awesome.

SUCCESSOR
08-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Lol. It is actually pretty simple if you understand basic knots. A lot of people don't understand the difference between a "granny" knot and a "reef" knot. The granny knot is the lopsided example he gives at first as the way we were taught to tie our shoes. The reef knot is the strong way he shows after. The only difference, which he doesn't explain very well, is that the ends of the lace cross the opposite way with each "bend." So if you cross the end in your right hand over the first time then the end in your right hand should cross under the second time to make the reef knot which really does hold up much better.

ij9neA9_Rxw

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 06:33 AM
...your video's way cooler than mine. :(

I'm assuming that's a reef knot too?

SUCCESSOR
08-26-2012, 07:08 AM
I didn't look carefully at the way he tied it. I believe it is though. It would be possible to do a granny knot with that technique though. One good thing the guy in your video pointed out was that if you pull on the strings below the knot the reef knot will lay parallel to those strings instead of turning. I haven't actually tried the method in my video I had just seen it before and yours reminded me of it.