PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into paintball?

Glenn the Great
08-25-2012, 03:46 AM
My latest hobby has been playing paintball. Do you or have any of you played the sport as well?

It's something I used to do every now and then as a teenager, but now that I've got a steady job and the money to spend on it, not to mention my friends are playing again, I've gotten into it somewhat seriously as of early this year.

Fortunately I live 10 minutes from Athens Paintball, which I've been told is one of the best fields in Georgia. They have numerous courses, mostly in the woods, with towers and bunkers made from wood and metal, along with various flavor items such as sandbags and satellite dishes.

I currently own two Spyder guns, nothing too fancy but gets the job done.
Two ways I've been working on improving my play have been by doing 2-mile runs multiple times a week to stay in shape, and I've also recently started collecting camouflage clothing to help with the woodsball.

Below are two pictures of me in my various gear. In the first image I'm holding my Spyder Rodeo. In the second image I'm in my new zeltbahn poncho I ordered as an improvement over the cheap poncho seen in the first image. Not pictured (yet) are my desert-camo Army boots. I still need to get around to having a friend take some full-body shots of me in my gear, so mirror shots will have to suffice for now.

http://s18.postimage.org/43h9hd255/558346_10151000234832613_2021216116_n.jpghttp://s18.postimage.org/jdh4ojxnd/320158_10151035276042613_2035483172_n.jpg

SUCCESSOR
08-25-2012, 03:54 AM
First of all, holy crap you look exactly the same as you did like 10 years ago!

Anyway, I first played paintball last year and really enjoyed it. If I had the extra money to buy the equipment I would play every weekend. Sadly, my friend who lent me his extra gun to play lives 2 and a half hours away from me now and hookers can be found cheaper than the gas to travel out there.

Glenn the Great
08-25-2012, 04:08 AM
First of all, holy crap you look exactly the same as you did like 10 years ago!

Haven't you heard that aging is for mortals?

Anyway, my friends are starting up a paintball team again that went on hiatus a couple years ago. I'm going to be a part of it, but we still need to recruit a few more people before we can do official tournament play.
I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down a bit, because this summer has just been brutal for paintball.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-25-2012, 04:36 AM
I've only ever paintballed once, but I loved it. Wish I had more friends locally that were interested.

Chris Miller
08-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I went once up in east Texas, and it was a load of fun. There doesn't seem to be a place near me, though. :-\

Brasel
08-25-2012, 06:47 PM
I played Airsoft once or twice, but never paintball. I've got this weird thing about ink on skin. I don't think splattering paint would be something that I could do. Also, Airsoft rifles resemble real world rifles. I have an M-16 A2 Airsoft rifle, which is a dead ringer for the real thing.

Glenn the Great
09-02-2012, 01:12 AM
The refs at my paintball field have started taping matches.
They got me on tape today: here's the final shootout between me and the other team's last guy.
Our team won when I felt our shootout had gone on long enough and I rushed his bunker and tapped him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPIs7cC_c2k