PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing right now?

Pages : [1] 2

CJC
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Thread title.

I'm working on Final Fantasy 5 for PSX, but it isn't going so well. I wanted to max out all the jobs before pushing forward, but after the fire crystal I've been farming for 20 game-play hours, and I'm still not done.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
New Super Mario Bros 2
Pushmo

Never did finish FFV. I got stuck trying to kill some crystals or something, got discouraged, and never returned.

If I don't win the Lottery (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?94564-Lottery)I'm never going to get through my back log of games. Being OCD, that's pretty much every highly rated game ever made.(7 or >)

Even if I played every game I ever wanted to, which are admittedly mostly only on Nintendo consoles, by the time I finished I'm have a massive backlog from this generation.

Brasel
08-23-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm playing Final Fantasy VI Advance. I was playing Skyrim and Assassin's Creed Revelations, but I got away from both during my summer classes and I haven't gotten back to them yet. I've been playing a lot of easy old school games that I don't delve too much into. I finished all 6 of the original Mega Man games this summer as well as Mega Man 9.

The Satellite
08-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I should be working on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4; I had played through all the games in the series I own since I haven't done so in ages, and my memory card was corrupted and I lost half my data anyway, then saved this for last cuz it was the best. But I sorta drifted away from it for a while. I also have a Wind Waker run I need to be finishing. Then some games I haven't even started yet that I own and need to get to...

Ventus
08-24-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm playing Final Fantasy 12 International edition. so far I'm liking it more then the US version.
And I'm working on The Elder scrolls V: Skyrim as well. So far Skyrim is one of the most epic games I've played in awhile.

erm2003
08-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Things I should be playing if I could devote a couple solid days...

Skyrim
Kingdom Hearts DDD on 3DS
Finish the last half of Mario Land 3D
More NSMB 2

mrz84
08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
*points to siggy*

Brasel
08-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I also have a Wind Waker run I need to be finishing. Then some games I haven't even started yet that I own and need to get to...

I've been meaning to play through WW again for years. I only played through it one time after I bought it. Normally, I replay games I like every couple years but for whatever reason, I never got through this one again.

The graphics still hold up today. I still don't understand why people were so up in arms about the style.

Speaking of Zelda, I sold my Wii, so now I can't play Skyward Sword.

The Satellite
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't either, they were wonderful graphics, and I'd love to see a Zelda game on 3DS utilize the style. The reason I actually wanted to play it again was because I couldn't tell whether Skyward Sword or Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda game in my opinion, so I was replaying WW, which I hadn't done in a while, to refresh my memory and remind myself which is better. I'll probably end up picking WW; it was far better in terms of exploration and finding secrets, whereas SS skimped out on much of that. :(

Brasel
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I honestly wasn't too impressed by the cell shaded DS entries. Phantom Hourglass was OK, but not great. Spirit Tracks was just too out there in terms of a Zelda game for my tastes. I couldn't get over the train / Zelda ghost thing.

The Satellite
08-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I agree, they're the weakest in the series. I enjoy them, Phantom Hourglass more than Spirit Tracks actually (I seem to be one of a mere few), but yeah, they could be much better. The 3DS, though, well, if they make a game similar to OoT/WW/TP with the WW graphics on it, it would look fantastic. But I wonder what the chances are of us actually getting a game like that, which makes me sad. :(

ctrl-alt-delete
08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't think I've ever completed a single handheld Zelda game. :(

The Satellite
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
... between Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, The Minish Cap, and the two DS Zeldas? You're missing out. D:

(Opinions vary on those entries, mostly with very positive on LA and Oracles and mixed on TMC and the DS games.)

Ventus
08-24-2012, 06:49 PM
... between Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, The Minish Cap, and the two DS Zeldas? You're missing out. D:

(Opinions vary on those entries, mostly with very positive on LA and Oracles and mixed on TMC and the DS games.)

Speaking of the handheld games of Zelda. I loved Link's Awakening in fact its one of my personal favorites :)
I can say the about OoS/OoA and TMC, But the DS titles I just couldn't stand the controls were horrible <__<.
Still to this day out of all the zelda games The DS Titles are the weakest games out of the whole series...

King Aquamentus
08-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Playing around in Second Life as Samus, but the whole thing is starting to piss me off now. bleh.

...no, not doing anything like *that* XD

ctrl-alt-delete
08-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Yep. I played through most of Link's Awakening but never completed it. I'm ashamed.

I've also never completed Zelda II, but I feel no shame about that at all. lol

ShadowTiger
08-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Playing around in Second Life as Samus, but the whole thing is starting to piss me off now. bleh.

...no, not doing anything like *that* XD No arm cannon, eh? :P

Yep. I played through most of Link's Awakening but never completed it. I'm ashamed. Fun final boss. Overpowered item acquired in level 8.

I've also never completed Zelda II, but I feel no shame about that at all. lol Worth it. The final boss has his own end music. Never has the phrase "Your move, Link!" been so relevant.

----------------

Currently playing:
Skyrim + Dawnguard - I'm a rogue type character. Very sticky fingers. Oh god, very very sticky fingers.
Fallout New Vegas + Full DLCs - I have the "Willow - Enhanced companion experience" mod. She's really immersive, I have to say.
Beat Hazard - Fast paced action done to and with amazing music.
Divine Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga - I am the Dragon. Of course, you're supposed to be.
Going to be trying out Maple Story soon.

The Satellite
08-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Speaking of the handheld games of Zelda. I loved Link's Awakening in fact its one of my personal favorites :)
I can say the about OoS/OoA and TMC, But the DS titles I just couldn't stand the controls were horrible <__<.
Still to this day out of all the zelda games The DS Titles are the weakest games out of the whole series...Even weaker than Four Swords? :P

Just Four Swords. I found Four Swords Adventures highly enjoyable, if not vastly different than what we're used to. It still had some neat design.
Yep. I played through most of Link's Awakening but never completed it. I'm ashamed.I was the same way, till I recently bought it off the eShop and beat it. It's now my second-favorite Zelda game, behind ALttP.
I've also never completed Zelda II, but I feel no shame about that at all. lolHa, me neither. I played a bit of it on emulator and got past the first two temples, but I just do not have the patience to invest in mastering that game. Or grinding. I might start over with some cheats, because I'd like to say I've been able to play all of it, legitimate or not, but I'd rather play the other games. Zelda II is actually fun, it's just ridiculously difficult.

Anyways, I think I'mma try to get back into playing THPS4 tonight, get some of those goals done and try to get back to 100%. Such a great game...

Brasel
08-24-2012, 07:19 PM
I picked up Chrono Trigger on DS today. $20 well spent. I haven't played this version of it yet.

Rydia
08-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I picked up Chrono Trigger on DS today. $20 well spent. I haven't played this version of it yet.

Oh, I love that game! Great story, wonderful music. Just an overall fantastic game. :)

Ventus
08-24-2012, 07:46 PM

I haven't beaten it as well, But I don't see who anyone could >_<

Even weaker than Four Swords? :P

Just Four Swords. I found Four Swords Adventures highly enjoyable, if not vastly different than what we're used to. It still had some neat design.
Yes even weaker then four swords :P.
But I will say I did love Four swords adventure!. that was a highly memorable game.

I absolutely Love Chrono Trigger, But I was not a fan of the DS version. the text seemed a little to small.
I think I'll stay with my Snes version till they remake one of these days with new graphics and everything and not on a handheld >.<

Rambly
08-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I've been playing Mann vs. Machine in Team Fortress 2. (See avatar.) It's a surprisingly good game mode -- I honestly wasn't expecting that much out of it but it seems like they put a lot of effort into it and they actually made design choices that make sense. Thumbs up!

I've actually beaten Zelda II, somehow! It's painful as hell though and I don't blame anyone who hasn't beaten it.

Probably my most shameful Zelda-related secret is that I haven't beaten both of the Oracles games. I didn't beat Oracle of Seasons until just last year, and I still haven't gotten through Ages. And I haven't even touched Skyward Sword yet. I suck at keeping up with Zelda games.

Saffith
08-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Just finished Sin & Punishment 2 as Isa, going through it again with Kachi. Probably would've started on easy if I'd know it was so heavy on the punishment. :p

Chris Miller
08-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I got Half-Life 2 the other day, and started playing, then I looked up and it was 3:30 am. o_o;

raiu
08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Recettear - An Item Shop's Tale. I think I may have diabetes now from all the cuteness

The Satellite
09-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I should be working on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4About two weeks later I finally actually did that, and I completed every goal legitimately without cheats, something I couldn't do as a child; heck, there was one goal (trick off every object in the South Bank on the London level) I could never get and had to have a cousin beat it for me, and I got that on the second try (I restarted on my first try cuz I messed something up). So yeah, I feel good about that; if I truly want to 100% it though, I need to get all cash, gaps, and buy all items. That's not something I'm sure I want to try just yet. :B

I also played through and beat Mega Man 3 recently. ... with save states. I'll probably go back to the series soon and try to beat the first two, then the rest of the NES games.

mrz84
09-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Recettear - An Item Shop's Tale. I think I may have diabetes now from all the cuteness

I own that game! Haven't done much with it though past the first dungeon.

Ventus
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm taking a break from final fantasy 12 international edition.

And I found a copy of Postal 2 at a yard sale for 3 bucks. and I have to say this game is really funny XD.

King Aquamentus
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I've been into Terraria off and on. There's thing about both it *and* minecrack I like though.

As for Chrono Trigger on DS, it is a lot more than just a SNES port.

*for starters*, it has everything from the PS1 rerelease except for the loading times. It also has a completely rewritten translation (Frog doesn't sound Shakespearean, though he does still sound noble.) There are more/new dungeons to the game, new items, a new "pokemon"-like feature, and even a new ending in which Magus *does* find Schala.

-=SPOILER=-

erm2003
09-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time and the DS game made it even better. Re-releasing that was such a great idea and I am so glad they did!

Rydia
09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I am playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 on my 3DS XL. It's pretty good.

Oh, and erm, I totally agree with you on CT. Wonderful game. I LOOOOVE the music in it!

Xyvol
09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Spending a lot of time lately in ZC. I've got Ocarina of Time: Master Quest going on the 3DS. I have the Gamecube version and vaguely remember playing it, but I don't think I ever finnished it.

Some friends are trying to get me involved in Guild Wars 2. I've been resisting so far on the grounds that even if I find a computer it'll run on, my .5 MBPS internet connection is not the best conditions for an online game.

The Satellite
09-04-2012, 08:49 PM
3DS Master Quest is fun; enemies deal more damage, which gives it an extra challenge, and the fact that the entire game is flipped makes it feel fresh. Too bad nothing on the overworld has changed, no extra missions or anything, but at least it's not as monotonous traveling the exact same layout.

The first Mega Man beaten. ... yes, with save states. I don't think I'd ever get very far in that game without 'em, short of many years of practice. Hopefully Mega Man 2 is a bit more fair with the difficulty. (Mega Man games? Fair? Blasphemy! :P)

ctrl-alt-delete
09-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Now that I'm out of town, PSP is where it's at. My main two interests are Megaman Powered Up and FFIV: The Complete Collection. Always loved Mega Man, never had a problem with the difficulty. FFIV is one of my favorite games of all time and I've never played through all of The After Years and the Interlude.

vegeta1215
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I just started my second play through of Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (the Wii remake of Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly). It's not as good as Fatal Frame 4, but it's still excellent. I also picked up The Last Story recently, but I haven't started it yet.

Tim
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm currently replaying SaGa Frontier. I always seem to lose my data when I have a few scenarios completed.:(

CJC
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Aw, Saga Frontier was awesome! It's on my 'to-play' list, after the Final Fantasies and Xenogears. Lute was my favorite scenario.

Tim
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I finished Emelia yesterday, today I'm almost done with T260. I'm taking a break because it's too hot in my room. I'll probably do Riki after. I've beaten Blue and Asellus' multiple times, so I'll save them for last.

Brasel
09-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Now that I'm out of town, PSP is where it's at. My main two interests are Megaman Powered Up and FFIV: The Complete Collection. Always loved Mega Man, never had a problem with the difficulty. FFIV is one of my favorite games of all time and I've never played through all of The After Years and the Interlude.

FFIV came out right after I got rid of my PSP. I didn't even know it was coming. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of the system, because I really want to play this version.

Aliem
09-06-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm working on Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Skyrim, Secret of Mana, and Super Mario: Lost Levels. After BBS, I think I'll start Final Fantasy XIII-2. I've been meaning to play that for a while. I should also pick up Last Story and Xenoblade soon. If the PSP version of FFIII comes to the US, or if the Ouya version is released on PSN, I'll probably pick that up eventually too.

mrz84
09-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Picked up the original Super Smash Bros on the Wii VC two days ago (mainly because its was a CLub Nintendo reward and it was the only Smash game I didn't own yet until the new one is released) and I've already unlocked the 4 extra characters, the 1 extra stage, the Sound Menu, and the Item Menu (or whatever the menu that manipulates the items that drop in a match is called). I can't remember if there's anything else though..... Otherwise I'll probably play it for a few mroe days before going back to one of my other unfinished games.

Brasel
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
The first Mega Man beaten. ... yes, with save states. I don't think I'd ever get very far in that game without 'em, short of many years of practice. Hopefully Mega Man 2 is a bit more fair with the difficulty. (Mega Man games? Fair? Blasphemy! :P)

I own most of the original Mega Man games for NES. I played through 1-6 this summer. I had to play a few on the Anniversary Collection. I had a lot of problems with Mega Man 9 when it first came out, but after playing through the original 6, 9 was a breeze.

When I first picked up Mega Man 1 this summer, I was expecting to get my ass handed to me, but it was a lot easier than I remember.

The Satellite
09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
I didn't have the luxury of playing the Mega Man games as a kid, which I'm sure contributes to my struggles with it, being a newcomer technically. I'm sure I'd have less of a problem if I had them and played them often in my childhood.

Brasel
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. All my wife's young cousins can kick my butt in any first person shooter games, but they can't get through New Super Mario Bros Wii without my help.

Ventus
09-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats On beating the first Megaman :) That game was quite good. But damn hard.
I was able to beat them all without any savestates or anything. it just took a lot of practice to get hang of the games.

Speaking of megaman, I might go ahead and play all the Megaman games all over. I'll enjoy Megaman 2 the best though. That's my favorite :D

Gleeok
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Back in my day we didn't have fancy gizmos like save-states. We had a stick in a box with a button on it, by gum, and you had to move 16 squares around and avoid all the other squares or else you died. Heck, continuing wasn't even invented until years later. You kids got it so easy with your new-fangled technomabobs I tell ya. Imagine trying to fidget with an rf-switch and a splitter on a black and white TV with nothing but a screw and a 1/4" hook looking thingy sticking out the back. You needed a leveling plane just to get the vertical-hold to stick. Kids nowadays got no respect I tell you. Zzzzz...

:)

Majora
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
http://youtu.be/MWABgbxSj3A This. As you can see, it's not going terribly well. x.o (If anyone wants to play against me, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. :D )

ShadowTiger
09-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Oh sh- Pinkamena at 2:00... She'll cut you up, son.

I've played it. Definitely not the worst fighter of that kind I've ever played. If there was one with a more Smash-bros style engine, I'd be all over that.

Currently playing Din's Curse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HunAtW-Q6I), Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEs93kDFLM) (That there is one of the harder areas of the game. But not the hardest; not at all. The guy in the video had to go into God Mode, it's so hard.) And I'm about to be playing Batman: Arkham City GOTY. 19 Gigs; hot damn. It's $23.99 on Steam right now, before 9/11.

The Satellite
09-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. All my wife's young cousins can kick my butt in any first person shooter games, but they can't get through New Super Mario Bros Wii without my help.Yeah, I've done the same before. My cousins play these modern games that they're good at, but need my help in the classics like Ocarina of Time or similar games. It's actually kind of neat, being the one they turn to when they need video game help.
Back in my day we didn't have fancy gizmos like save-states. We had a stick in a box with a button on it, by gum, and you had to move 16 squares around and avoid all the other squares or else you died. Heck, continuing wasn't even invented until years later. You kids got it so easy with your new-fangled technomabobs I tell ya. Imagine trying to fidget with an rf-switch and a splitter on a black and white TV with nothing but a screw and a 1/4" hook looking thingy sticking out the back. You needed a leveling plane just to get the vertical-hold to stick. Kids nowadays got no respect I tell you. Zzzzz...

:)Hey, I grew up with NES too, just not Mega Man. :P

Dark Knight
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I believe he's talking about the Atari though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I recently played (and beat) HAWX, Black Ops, Saints Row: The Third, and Prototype. As to what I am currently playing? Mostly WoW for some reason I can't be bothered to think of. I have tried playing Skyward Sword here lately but I can't seem to get into it. The WiiMotion Plus makes sword fighting fun and the story is amazing so far but I haven't been able to get too involved in a Zelda game since Wind Waker. At least I beat the first dungeon, something I could not be bothered to do with Twilight Princess. Other than that I tend to play Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer from time to time.

The Satellite
09-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Wow I read that completely wrong. But hey, many NES games didn't have any way to save the game either. :B

Anyways, I just got a new laptop and set up all my Steam stuff, so I played a few games to make sure the settings were intact and stuff. I popped on VVVVVV, which took me to Veni Vidi Vici... Well, here's the footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4f5p88tpgc) if anyone's interested, with commentary from myself and a few other users so it's not just fail after fail; we at least tried to keep it interesting. >.>

SpykStorm
09-10-2012, 06:44 AM
I've been playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I'm searching for the third star cure. It's a pretty fun and amusing game so far.

Ventus
09-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Well I found a Copy of Grandia 3 so I'm playing that at the moment :) Its pretty good so far.

Xyvol
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Dragon Warrior. This thread has made me break out the emulators. One of the things that keeps me from replaying an RPG is the time it takes, mostly in grinding for levels. Then I realized when I started this game that it's really the time it takes per encounter that wears on me. Sitting and waiting for the game to go through all it's text to get 1xp from a slime. So I turned the speed on the emulator way up. Now the text breezes by and it's less of a drag to go around leveling up. I guess this can be cheating, but it's kept me playing the game instead of turning it off after a couple of hours and going to something else. I've gone through the first Dragon Warrior, and am currently working on the second.

CJC
09-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Well, I'm taking a break from my climb through all our old games to replay the Devil May Cry series. I just acquired the first three games in an HD pack for XBox, to go with my copy of DMC4. I figure it's best to replay these now before their reboot makes me hate the series.

I think we should post reviews in the Video Game Discussion forum as we finish the games, to share our opinions and increase member activity. I've already done so with my run of Final Fantasy V.

Aliem
09-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Just wrapped up Birth By Sleep. Started KH1 again. It's been almost ten years since I've played this game.

CJC, I might follow your lead on that one. Not a bad idea. =]

The Satellite
09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Majora's Mask, which I've been doing through stream. Up through Snowhead, but not sure how often I'll be able to stream, so no clue when it'll be finished all the way.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Ah, Snowhead, good memories.

Hope they drop the price of OoT 3D soon and release MM 3D.

mrz84
09-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Same here. Majora's Mask is one of my fav LoZ games ever (amoung my top 5 in fact). I'd love to see how a 3DS remake/port would turn out.

The Satellite
09-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Personally I'm hoping for an HD remake on Wii U, with extra content or at least fixing up some of the minor annoyances in the game. But either one would be fun. That HD Majora's Mask fan trailer someone made... I'm not a fan of the character models, but the detailing? That was absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to see the entire game styled in that way.

Orithan
09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm currently replaying Oracle of Ages in a race against my brother (who is playing OoS) so we could unlock the secrets for each over's games before we switch over. Just beat Crown Dungeon with a L2 Heart Ring (which I was lucky enough to get before entering Spirit's Grave) and 8 hearts. I would have died at a couple of points if it wasn't for that ring. My brother is currently in Dancing Dragon (Level 4) ATM.

The Satellite
09-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread... Recently I'd been playing Sonic 4: Episode 2, in order to get one of the achievements: Play through every stage without returning to the world map. Which I failed at twice before; once because I messed up the button on the fifth-to-last stage, and the second time because I tried (and failed) to go after the seventh Chaos Emerald instead. Glad I'm done; that's one step closer to me never having to play Oil Desert Zone again. >.<

I want to play Mystical Ninja again... but alas, I do not own the cartridge, and the ROM is faulty. So instead I got around to the promise I made a friend: Play through Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. And I can already tell it'll be a tough promise to keep, because I can't stand this game.

Ventus
09-29-2012, 06:32 PM
The Satellite
Mystical Ninja? It wouldn't by chance be the one Super Nintendo would it? Because I have a ROM right now and it works perfect. Or if you are talking about the one on N64...
I'm able to play it fine with Project 64 1.6 With the patch here http://jabosoft.com/articles/114 < those play the n64 one just fine no problems at all.

But if you in need of a Working snes rom I could PM the details on where you can get a good rom.

The Satellite
09-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Ooh, thank you kindly Ventus. I'll be sure to give this a shot later. :D

Ventus
09-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Your welcome TS, So its the N64 version? right. If it is, that was one of the best games I'v played on the N64 :D

mrz84
09-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Started playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on the PSP again. About half way through Chapter 1, but I'm gonna lv my crew up to Lv 10 before I do that. Anybody else play this epic game, now that its available in english?

The Satellite
09-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Your welcome TS, So its the N64 version? right. If it is, that was one of the best games I'v played on the N64 :DYes, it's one of the top five N64 games ever made. Unfortunately, not even the patch seemed to work. It might just be my ROM; I'll try to find a different one somewhere instead later on after I'm home from England. Thanks for the help at least.

Ventus
09-30-2012, 11:57 AM
The Satellite
Most likely its your ROM... Let me see I'll try to find where I got mine and I'll send you a PM.

Well never mind I can't seem to PM you... Wonder why?, Well I send over through PureZC.

CJC
09-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I have been derailed from my trek across old games by the vacuum that is Borderlands 2. Every time I play the game, I can't seem to put it down until I get a headache from the fast-moving cel-shaded environment. It's so unsettling I can only play the game once within the span of a week. To this day Borderlands is the only game that has ever given me motion sickness.

Brasel
10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm floating between games right now. I need to finish Assassin's Creed: Revelations before the end of the year, but I've been putting it off. I'm trying to Install Dragon Age Origins right now, but it's taking forever. I miss the days of not having to install console games.

Ventus
10-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Currently Playing Sonic Before The Sequel. Its a decent Fan game. which I'm having a great time with it so far :D.

Tim
10-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Just hit Level 90 in WoW... I'm tired as hell.

The Satellite
10-02-2012, 07:23 AM
I need to finish Assassin's Creed: Revelations before the end of the year, but I've been putting it off.Should finish it before Assassin's Creed III comes out. >.<

It's not a very long game, at least not that I recall. Really I was kind of disappointed, there was little new to it and the story wasn't as good as the previous Ezio games. In fact it almost felt like they took Brotherhood, copy/pasted it, removed the open space and horses, made it more boring, and called it a game. So if you've already played II and Brotherhood, I can't blame you for putting it off.

SpykStorm
10-07-2012, 02:27 AM
I just started playing WoW again. I haven't gotten the new expansion yet, but I still haven't gotten to level 85 yet.

Ventus
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm about to start Playing Earthbound on the Super Nintendo (Probably start it in a hour or so.) And Shadow hearts When ever my mother gets done playing for a 100% game... (Yes my mother is a gamer <.<).
At least she's not as bad as my grandmother where she played Final fantasy 12 for almost 2 years getting a perfect 100% <__<... I think my grandma should stop playing every once in while. I mean she is in her 80's...

ctrl-alt-delete
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm about to start Playing Earthbound on the Super Nintendo (Probably start it in a hour or so.) And Shadow hearts When ever my mother gets done playing for a 100% game... (Yes my mother is a gamer <.<).
At least she's not as bad as my grandmother where she played Final fantasy 12 for almost 2 years getting a perfect 100% <__<... I think my grandma should stop playing every once in while. I mean she is in her 80's...

My grandmother isn't that old...maybe 70 but she still plays games. Zelda games are her favorite.

Ventus
10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
My grandmother isn't that old...maybe 70 but she still plays games. Zelda games are her favorite.
70 is still pretty old... but that's good hear that there is many old people out that that still are enjoying games :)
My grandma has been playing games for who know how long... But I know she loves RPG's the most. she used to like Zelda. But after Zelda went all 3D she hasn't played any since OoT :/

mrz84
10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Kudos to your gamer parents and grandparents. I remember all the times I've tried to get my mom into gaming. The only games she's played are Super Mario Bros (NES) and Wind Waker (Gamecube). She faired better in Wind Waker than Mario Bros and the only reason she played Wind Waker was on the condition my youngest brother got good grades in class. I can't remember how far she got though. At least off the first island at least.

pixcalibur
10-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Plowing through ZC LoZ Origins 2nd Quest. Although I'm a bit stuck at level 9 and that hidden dungeon. Can't seem to finish either of them

Ventus
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Now playing: Shadow hearts: From the new world, Now at the Grand canyon... yay.

CJC
10-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Derailed from Borderlands 2 to beat Shining Force on my Virtual Console. ...I should really finish some of these games before moving on.

mrz84
10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
...I should really finish some of these games before moving on.

I have that same problem. So many games I wanna play, but so little free time (curse my need of sleep!)

Ventus
10-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Started playing Resident Evil 5. with my brother through CO-OP. Which is the first time I've ever played a co-op mode on anything. it was fun :)
But I have to say I find that RE5 is hard... To many enemies.

mrz84
10-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Once you get your weapons upgraded after a bit, it will be easier, except on harder difficulties (especially Pro)

Ventus
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Once you get your weapons upgraded after a bit, it will be easier, except on harder difficulties (especially Pro)
Yeah for sure Weapon upgrades are very helpful :). But I did notice one thing is that on Co-Op mode there is a lot of enemies. I just got done with the first part of chapter 1 by myself and notice that was a lot less enemies-
-unlike when I was playing Co-Op.

Revfan9
10-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Grim Fandango.

mrz84
10-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah for sure Weapon upgrades are very helpful :). But I did notice one thing is that on Co-Op mode there is a lot of enemies. I just got done with the first part of chapter 1 by myself and notice that was a lot less enemies-
-unlike when I was playing Co-Op.

Never noticed it much myself. That's not really a bad thing though. If you conserve ammo by using melee attacks, you can use that to your advantage and build up ammo and gold reserves. Not to mention everytime you play that level you get an extra of the free gun that you can sell for more gold.

Brasel
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I had a glorious weekend. I was finally able to relax and sit down and play games all weekend. I had cleaned the house and finished all homework prior to the weekend just so I could. I tried to get back into Assassin's Creed Revelations, but I wasn't feeling it. Ezio rocks, but I really only wanted to play Skyrim. I think I logged 10 hours all weekend. It was great. I hadn't done that in SO LONG.

Ventus
10-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Just taking a break from Shadow hearts 3. It was getting dreadful boring... *yawns* Anyways I started Shadow hearts 2. I have to say SH2 is by far better then the 3rd game.
At least I haven't gotten bored with it :P

Tim
10-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Pokemon White 2

Glenn the Great
10-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Dark Souls for PC!

mrz84
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Tactics Ogre on the PSP. I played the snes version via emulator, though it was raw making a walkthrough required for it. Then I bought the PS1 port. A week later I found out they were remaking it for psp. You can imagine how that made me feel. I also just got a copy of both Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Kirby's Dream Collection (with all the extras for the latter) for Wii. I'll be busy for a while.

Ventus
10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Well I started playing the .Hack series over. I just got the part 4, so I'm replaying through all the games. so far I'm nearing the end of the second game. :banana:

Aliem
10-30-2012, 03:06 AM
Do you plan on doing the //GU series afterward? I did that last year; watched //Sign, played the first four games followed by watching Roots and playing through GU. Great franchise, I wish it would have picked up more steam in the US.

Majora
10-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I am playing both Shantae games. The original/first one I am emulating on my Wii, and the second one ("Shantae: Risky's Revenge") on the 3DS via the store (it was a DSi title of some kind apparently).

I think they're pretty fun. The second one was dumbed-down due to some kind of data limit for the DSi store, so the GBC one has more depth and content despite its GBC graphics limitations. And of course, the DSi one is chock full of graphics goodness.

They're both pretty fun and fairly challenging, but I guess most platformers are?

Ventus
10-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Do you plan on doing the //GU series afterward? I did that last year; watched //Sign, played the first four games followed by watching Roots and playing through GU. Great franchise, I wish it would have picked up more steam in the US.

I might. I just have to find the first two of the //GU series. I only own the 3rd one. If I can't buy it I might just go download A ISO of them and play them on my PS2.
And I wish that they would've been more popular in the US too, The games are quite Fun and has a good plot.

Ventus
11-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm about to beat .Hack part 4. God this game has to be the most annoying game I've played in awhile... so much item collecting... *yawns*

CJC
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I played Borderlands 2 for most of the day yesterday, as I was ill. I thought I was close to the end, but by 3 AM I gave up. That game has, like, hours of climax content.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Can't decide if I should play Kingdom Hearts: DDD, exchange it for Paper Mario: SS, or exchange it for Professor Layton when it comes out.

Xyvol
11-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Minecraft. I've been living in a cave for the last few weeks.

erm2003
11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Can't decide if I should play Kingdom Hearts: DDD, exchange it for Paper Mario: SS, or exchange it for Professor Layton when it comes out.

Are the Prof Layton games really good? I thought about giving one a shot but I don't know too much about them except for the little I have read in NP now and then.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Are the Prof Layton games really good? I thought about giving one a shot but I don't know too much about them except for the little I have read in NP now and then.

...:(

All I've played was the first one, and it was excellent. (I have a flash card for my DS so I have them all, just haven't played the others yet.)

Seriously, Curious Village should be cheap. Get it. Or get a flash card now that you probably won't be purchasing anymore DS games anyways. I've got every game ever released if you need a copy. Of course there are easy ways to get them.

Also, I didn't realize Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is already out. Still struggling with the decision. It's not like I'm struggling for money, but I can't justify buying so many games as little as I play them nowadays.

mrz84
11-12-2012, 05:00 AM
Minecraft. I've been living in a cave for the last few weeks.

PC or 360 edition?

Xyvol
11-12-2012, 10:18 PM
PC, I don't have a 360. It seems all the ports to different systems have limited capabilities anyway. My brother got me into it, and when he first showed me the game I asked, "How good does my computer need to be to get graphics that retro?" I did need to turn some settings down to get it running smoother on my old laptop.

Nicholas Steel
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah the world generation is pretty intense! If you want to play it single player with less stutter you can host a local server (Not accessible from the internet) and log in to it via the game (on the same PC running the server) to eliminate FPS fluctuation, instead you'll see the world slowly load around you as you move around. It's just something to look in to and see if you like how it feels over how it normally feels.

mrz84
11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
PC, I don't have a 360. It seems all the ports to different systems have limited capabilities anyway. My brother got me into it, and when he first showed me the game I asked, "How good does my computer need to be to get graphics that retro?" I did need to turn some settings down to get it running smoother on my old laptop.

Ya, the 360 version has a limit to it (500-ish squares I think in every direction from the center of the world, whereever its located), though the creators have talked about expanding it in future updates, but I like how the crafting system is earier to use.

Dashie
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I am playing Paper Mario: Sticker Stars. This game is little bit kinda epic.

Ventus
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm not really playing anything... Well I'm playing CO-OP mode on Resident Evil 5 With my brother and I'm having a blast with that :D

erm2003
11-14-2012, 05:28 PM
I am playing Paper Mario: Sticker Stars. This game is little bit kinda epic.

I also just started playing this. I am only a few stages in but it's very good so far.

Dashie
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh I see. As let you know, I have few video for PM:SS. But I didn't recording rest of them. I just do video for boss and some test with my camera with camera stand.

Brasel
11-14-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm still playing Skyrim and AC: Revelations. I had a bit more time this weekend to play both. I'm two achievements away from a 100% in Skyrim. I just need to start a new game to get the Oblivion Walker achievement because I screwed up two daedric quests. My other achievement is the one where you have to pick 50 locks and 50 pockets. I'm a master locksmith, so that's not a problem. I've NEVER been into the pick pocketing in Elder Scrolls games. I just don't see much of a use for it outside of a few specific quests.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-15-2012, 01:23 AM
I also just started playing this. I am only a few stages in but it's very good so far.

Have you played KH:DDD or Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask?

erm2003
11-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Have you played KH:DDD or Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask?

I have played a little bit of KH:DDD and I need to get back into it. I have not played any of the Prof. Layton games.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I have played a little bit of KH:DDD and I need to get back into it. I have not played any of the Prof. Layton games.

Which is better so far, KH or PM?

erm2003
11-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Which is better so far, KH or PM?

They are so different in style. I think I need to play them both a bit more to know for sure.

Orithan
11-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Currently playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky. Great game, but some of things it expanded on from Time/Darkness (namely the lookalike items) felt pretty tacked-on and there are several overpowered enemies and some get annoying moves much earlier than in the other games (getting hit by Bug Bite SUCKS, no matter who you are).

Ventus
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Went ahead and downloaded .Hack//G.U Volume 1 Rebirth. So far its pretty good. All I need to do know is find a live torrent of volume 2 and I'm set :D

Nicholas Steel
11-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Zelda classic and then once Sonic Adventure 2 finishes downloading... that.

mrz84
11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns on the 3ds.

Ventus
11-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Well... It seems I'm on a Resident Evil kick. I'm now playing Resident Evil 4 On the PS2. So far I'm at the castle. so far so good :P

Tim
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Final Fantasy Dimensions.

Ventus
11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm still playing Resident Evil 6, I'm on Jake's chapters right now. I have to I'm starting to like Jake he is quite a bad ass.

And after RE6 I'm going start the game I just bought, "Dual hearts" (Ps2) It seems like it'll be fun :).

Xyvol
11-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't have a 360.

This is no longer true. I got the system, Halo 4, Skyrim, and ordered a handful of used games from years past.

Ventus
11-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Just got done with Ada wong's Chapters in Resident evil 6. So far I have to say that this is one of the best games I've played in a long long time.
And now I'm going to try going through the game on every difficulty mode. and on top of that I'm playing Co-Op with my brother with it.

And also I'm playing Animal crossing: City folk, on the side of playing RE6.

mrz84
11-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Started playing Dissidia 012 duodecim Final Fantasy on PSP, on Ch2 and I've found that I'm a beast with Kuja, Laguna, and Kefka (some of my fav FF characters no less).

Ventus, how are you doing so far in ACCF?

Ventus
11-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Ventus, how are you doing so far in ACCF?
Doing pretty good if I say so myself, Just got the first house paid for in the first day!
I almost got the second one paid off as well. Just got another 50,000 to go <_<.

Fishing and bug collecting. That's all I'm doing right now, it helps me get the money faster :P

mrz84
12-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Doing pretty good if I say so myself, Just got the first house paid for in the first day!
I almost got the second one paid off as well. Just got another 50,000 to go <_<.

Fishing and bug collecting. That's all I'm doing right now, it helps me get the money faster :P

I started playing back in January myself, and I have to say that fishing and bug collecting is one of the fastest money-makers. I like to supplement it every so often by buying and growing red turnips. I've got all the fish in the game, but I'm missing 2 bugs (stupid tarantulas are freaking hard to catch and I'm missing one of the dragonflys, the petaltail I think its called) and have my house completely paid off and have a the extra bridge and the fountain built. Also achieved a perfect town (it took forever though) and only have one gold tool missing (the net)

Phoenix
12-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Currently, I am playing Paper Mario Sticker Star, Link's Awakening DX, and if quests count, Isle of Rebirth.

All pretty great games if I do say so myself. :)

Ventus
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Still working on Animal Crossing: City folk, Still got like 30,000 to go on paying the house off again.
This weekend is the fishing tourney, At least I'm good at that :P.

Currently, I am playing Paper Mario Sticker Star, Link's Awakening DX, and if quests count, Isle of Rebirth.

All pretty great games if I do say so myself. :)

I can't say much about Paper Mario Sticker Star as I don't have it. But LADX and Isle of Rebirth are bother amazing games :D

Aliem
12-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I've been behind on my indie gaming. I recently picked up Braid, Limbo, and Amnesia. Limbo depresses the fuck out of me when I play it, Braid is just awesome, and Amnesia is the scariest game I've played since Silent Hill 2.

mrz84
12-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Picked up Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy for PSP. Its pretty fun (and I never played the previous game, nor plan to since this one has a remake of it included) and have found Kuja and Laguna to be my best characters so far.

MasterSwordUltima
12-08-2012, 04:33 AM
[!] I have dumped over 100 hours into my Duodecim. Firion, Bartz, and Kain (Kain's second alt outfit is slick).

Gleeok
12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I always feel left out when it comes to handheld exclusive games. Why can't they make console versions also? Thank you Nintendo for the DS and no FPU processing and wacky SDKs. Thank you Sony for making it easy for developers to build across all your platforms.

...As you can maybe tell I'm not playing anything right now, which is why I am sad. :(

I think it's time to bust out some Raiden IV and shoot lots of stuff. :o

ctrl-alt-delete
12-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Still working on Animal Crossing: City folk, Still got like 30,000 to go on paying the house off again.
This weekend is the fishing tourney, At least I'm good at that :P.

I can't say much about Paper Mario Sticker Star as I don't have it. But LADX and Isle of Rebirth are bother amazing games :D

Step 1: Collect seashells.
Step 2: Mail them to the other animals in your town.
Step 3: Receive fruit.
Step 4: Plant fruit.
Step 5: Profit.

Ventus
12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Step 1: Collect seashells.
Step 2: Mail them to the other animals in your town.
Step 3: Receive fruit.
Step 4: Plant fruit.
Step 5: Profit.
Yeah. that's want I'm doing now. But from some retarded reason I've can't get the other animals to send me fruit <_<.
Man they are so stuck up :P

ctrl-alt-delete
12-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I've never had a problem with it before. If I send them shells, I get fruit 95 percent of the time.

Is this common knowledge nowadays? I discovered it myself after some bitchy animal asked for a gift. I was like, fuck it, I'll send him a cheap shitty shell. When I got fruit in return, I started spamming the hell out of it.

Saffith
12-08-2012, 12:32 PM
What you write in the letter is also important. They use the text of the message in determining what to give you. I don't know the details, but it seems to have to do with both length (in characters, lines, and/or words) and content.
It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, writing "How are you?" and attaching a piece of fruit will get you either fruit or a shirt in response.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I always just wrote "Here is a gift for you!" Lol.

Ventus
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Well that might explain why I haven't gotten any fruit yet. I've been only putting "Here" In the letters.
Man I guess I'll to stop being lazy and right something more then one word :|

mrz84
12-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I've also found that sending them one of your native fruit has a high chance of gettinga non-native one as well. Also, if you just don't want to deal with it, I've got trees of every fruit in my town. Your more than welcome to help yourself.

Another thing. Never give away Conch, Coral, Scallop, or White Scallop. These are best sold to Nook (The first two cost about the same as non-native fruit, while the other two around the same price as 2 fruit, I can't remember the exact price.) and are wasted as "gifts"

Ventus
12-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Well I'm starting up Dual hearts on the PS2. Had to give up my town on Animal Crossing city folk...
My mother has borrowed the Wii and because she wanted to play AC as well... But she did not like my town and she nuked it :|

Bye bye animal friends... Damn it she blew it up! *death wails*
Oh well.

SUCCESSOR
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Why didn't you back up your save file?

Ventus
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Why didn't you back up your save file?
Well... I didn't think she would've deleted it. But yeah... I should'v made a backup, man I'm dumb for not doing that.

mrz84
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Well... I didn't think she would've deleted it. But yeah... I should'v made a backup, man I'm dumb for not doing that.

You can always start again. I'd be more than willing to contribute, too as I've done most of the stuff in my town (I only have 2 bugs left to catch and get all the paintings donated and a few other things, mostly just to fill the back-order list and the roids)

Ventus
12-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm Playing ZELDA II, at the moment. Right now just looking for heart containers, and trying finish Palace 3.
*Sighs* This game is still freaking hard...

ctrl-alt-delete
12-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm confused by the people that post they're playing a new game every few days. Are you actually completing these games? Or do you just jump around a lot? I could never do that.

Ventus
12-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Well, me I sometimes get bored of playing one game for a long time. And I'll start up another as a pallet cleanser.
I really do this to much... But hey its the way I grew up playing games.

mrz84
12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
I do the same thing Ventus, though there are some games I'm always playing, such as Animal Crossing, on a daily basis. To be fair though, I only play ACCF for about 15-30 minutes a day unless there's a holiday event in town.

Ventus
12-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I do the same thing Ventus, though there are some games I'm always playing, such as Animal Crossing, on a daily basis. To be fair though, I only play ACCF for about 15-30 minutes a day unless there's a holiday event in town.
Yeah I'm always playing my Animal crossing games to, Well except the wii one my mother is borrowing it for the time being.
But I still play ACWW On the DS at least once a day, mostly for about an hour. then I quit and do something else.

mrz84
12-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Yeah I'm always playing my Animal crossing games to, Well except the wii one my mother is borrowing it for the time being.
But I still play ACWW On the DS at least once a day, mostly for about an hour. then I quit and do something else.

Did that too, until I finally finished everything there was to do in that game. Then moved onto ACCF to do (Some of it) again (nice they had a data transfer option. I hope the 3DS game has that too)

Majora
12-17-2012, 11:52 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219950/

I played the successor to this game that was on the Wii and liked it, so I bought this and playing through it. It's a remastered (i.e. OoT 3D) game but also comes with the original (in all its blocky glory) version. Your progress is the same between both versions.

Ventus
12-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Well not playing much lately Except L.A Noire, and Psycho Waluigi.

mrz84
12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Dissidia 012 duodecim Final Fantasy on PSP. Fun times.

SpykStorm
12-28-2012, 09:39 PM
I've been playing Halo Reach (I'm behind on Halo) and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. Just finished the campaign on Halo Reach.

I'm also playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers in the Sky for DS.

Ventus
01-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Just been playing Dark cloud 2 lately. Been grinding to get my weapons stronger. where I can put up a fight with the enemies.

CJC
01-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Just plowed through both Super Mario Galaxy games again, and now I'm taking a breather with LittleBigPlanet.

Phazite
01-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Just plowed through both Super Mario Galaxy games again, and now I'm taking a breather with LittleBigPlanet.

I've been wanting to play through those Galaxy games again. I need to finish collecting the green stars in Galaxy 2 anyway. They've been a big inspiration on me.

I've also wanted to play LittleBigPlanet at some point. A few people have told me it's a game I would enjoy.

CJC
01-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Finished LittleBigPlanet. I've moved on to a replay of Alundra. It's... more difficult than I remember.

Ventus
01-11-2013, 06:41 PM
just hit chapter 4 on dark cloud 2, thank god I'm passed chapter 3. it was pretty damn long and slow. :P

Xyvol
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/Xyvol/gw008_zps92384ca72_zps9ba0a2c2.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c297/Xyvol/gw008_zps92384ca7.jpg)

Guild Wars 2. I've never been much of an MMO gamer, but I've really been enjoying this game. It didn't start this way, but the ranger has turned out to be my favorite.

SpykStorm
01-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I decided to start playing Pokemon FireRed. I chose Charmander, an he's at level 13 at the moment. About to go beat Brock...

Aliem
01-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Playing through Portal on Steam... trying to get the Aperture Science achievement. It's.... not easy.

mrz84
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Just bought Fortune Street for Wii. Started playing it last night. I have a newfound hatred for Peach now.

Ventus
01-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Just finished Dark cloud 2. Man that final boss area drug on way to long. anyways I've went ahead and started up the first dark cloud.
I guess I have a thing for dark cloud right now. :|

Gleeok
01-17-2013, 12:42 PM
I've been playing a FF1 DoS hack for the GBA call Mod of Balance (google it). This guy should of been put in charge of the GBA port because Square Enix f&^@ed it up pretty good. Thankfully he was nice enough to fix it. :)

Ventus
01-20-2013, 03:02 PM
So I'm still working on Dark cloud. Just made it to the Wise Owl Forest. This game is going to eat a lot of my time up.

I've been playing a FF1 DoS hack for the GBA call Mod of Balance (google it). This guy should of been put in charge of the GBA port because Square Enix f&^@ed it up pretty good. Thankfully he was nice enough to fix it. :)

Hmm... So finally someone balanced the game back out and made it like the nes version. about damn time.

Gleeok
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Hmm... So finally someone balanced the game back out and made it like the nes version. about damn time.

I just found out last night that there are gas dragons in the waterfall cave! My LV.16 guys were no match, and sadly, they perished. RIP light guys.

Zim
01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
I've been playing Starcraft II and San Andreas on PC. I played FF V way back when.. I did beat that game and maxed out most of the jobs but I'm pretty sure I didn't max them all.. I remember thinking I should and then had a few left by the end of the game. It was, however, a complete sinch for my party by the end of the game though, I remember the thing in that game that once a job is mastered and the guy goes jobless and wears the normal cloths he's got all the stat boosts of the jobs he masters, and by the end of it all my guys could go jobless and win fairly easily.

mrz84
01-21-2013, 01:56 PM
I've been playing Starcraft II and San Andreas on PC. I played FF IV way back when.. I did beat that game and maxed out most of the jobs but I'm pretty sure I didn't max them all.. I remember thinking I should and then had a few left by the end of the game. It was, however, a complete sinch for my party by the end of the game though, I remember the thing in that game that once a job is mastered and the guy goes jobless and wears the normal cloths he's got all the stat boosts of the jobs he masters, and by the end of it all my guys could go jobless and win fairly easily.

That's actually FF V, not IV. Still that was a nice little bonus once you find out about it. Gives you actual incentive to master all the jobs with every character. Might go back and play it again once I'm done with some of the games I'm playing. Dont know which version to play though. The FF Chronicles one, or the PS1 classic on PSP (I don't have the GBA version)

Ventus
01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Well Still playing Dark Cloud, But I've started playing Infinite Undiscovery on the 360. everything is going pretty fast so far.

mrz84
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Started Borderlands 2 the other day. Mostly just getting some easy achievements before me and my brothers do co-cop together. Playing as the Siren currently (will be Mekromancer in co-cop)

SpykStorm
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
I finished Halo Reach and am well into 4. I just saw the Forerunners for the first time.

I'm also still playing FireRed, but less frequently.

That's actually FF V, not IV. Still that was a nice little bonus once you find out about it. Gives you actual incentive to master all the jobs with every character. Might go back and play it again once I'm done with some of the games I'm playing. Dont know which version to play though. The FF Chronicles one, or the PS1 classic on PSP (I don't have the GBA version)
Is it bad that I've never played a Final Fantasy game before? :weirdo:

Aliem
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I finished Halo Reach and am well into 4. I just saw the Forerunners for the first time.

I'm also still playing FireRed, but less frequently.

Is it bad that I've never played a Final Fantasy game before? :weirdo:
Nah, not a bad thing, if they're not your cup of tea. Though, if you are into jRPGs, I would say start with IV, VI, or IX. :P

mrz84
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Personally I'd recommend any of the pre-VII games (I-VI) though IV, V, and VI are the 3 of those I'd recommend the most. For VII and on, I'd recommend IX over most of the other titles in that group, though X and XII are decent in their own right IMO. After that, play whatever you want to play.

CJC
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Just finished my replay of "Brave Fencer Musashi" by Squaresoft. Last boss was a pain, especially because I burned through all of my items on the way TO the boss. Grr.

Good game, but Alundra was better. I wonder what I'll play next...

mrz84
01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Planning on getting FF XI sometime in the next week or two. Saw its on sale for $10 on amazon new (hope it stays that way until my next paycheck) and checked my pc's specs and breathed a sigh of relief. Anybody else play XI still?

CJC
02-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Playing Resident Evil 2 on the PSX.

Haven't seen this game since I was a kid, and I was never the one behind the controller before, but it astounds me how this game can still be terrifying despite its archaic graphic and control presentation. The strong mood-setting of the locked camera and the ominous music, combined with gruesome sound effects, get my heart racing every time I hear the click of a licker crawling on the ceiling.

Ventus
02-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Right Now I'm working on 2 games.

The first one is The Elder scrolls 4 Oblivion on the PC, Just joined the Dark Brotherhood. Some good old fashion fun :3
And I'm also started up Zelda: Skyward Sword. just got to the first dungeon :P

Aliem
02-05-2013, 03:40 AM
I wasn't crazy about Oblivion... I didn't hate it, like a lot of TES fans seem to, but it lacked a lot of the charm Morrowind had. I think it was mostly due to the bland landscapes of Cyrodiil compared to the fantastical scenery of Vvardenfell. I did, however, prefer the faction quests in Oblivion to those of Morrowind and Skyrim. Seriously, Skyrim's faction questlines were garbage! So completely boring... A character with baseline skills in magic and thievery could easily become the guildmaster of both the College and the Thieves Guild? I miss the days when a player had to actually earn their way into a faction. Skyrim's factions were the worst in the series.

I'm not playing anything new just yet, though I recently picked up some belated titles on Steam... Amnesia, Braid, and the first two Bioshock games. I've not played any of them, so I've got a bit of work to do :D

mrz84
02-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Started playing FFXI a couple days ago. After finally getting used to the controls throughout most of the first day, I spent most of my time farming for crystals and leveling up (it is a mmo, but meh). I plan on getting Fire Emblem Awakening next week and I've heard that a bunch of Final Fantasy titles on the PSN will be getting 50% discounts this month for the FF 25th anniversary celebration. Might get some if they ones I don't have copies of (that still work *eyes FF7 discs*)

Ventus
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Playing Star Fox adventures. Going pretty well, and also giving a Zelda Parallel Worlds Remodel a go. Having fun with it. :)

Brasel
02-21-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm playing Skyrim now that the DLC is out on PS3. It's pretty good so far. I like carrots.

mrz84
02-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I apologize in advance for the wall of text.

Still playing FF XI. Level 25 Red Mage (can't subjob yet because the Bogi that drops the bloody robe for the subjob quest in Mhaura is surrounded by a dozen ass-loving goblins when it spawns and I'm not sure about asking for a person or two in-game to party with me for just one item with little reward for them in the process) and doing the Three Kingdoms Mission for Windurst (I've finished the San d'whatever portion, working on Gustav tonight). Other than that, I got FF V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX when they were 50% off for my PSP on PSN and started playing V on and off. Got the first crystal jobs and am now grinding for XP, AP, and Gil before going through the water gate. In other news, I've started dipping into my list of games I haven't finished, this one in particular is Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones on the 3DS VC (Ambassador, baby) and am at Ch 7 with no deaths so far (Ch5 was a bitch, it didn't want me to go through without anybody dying. Seth died 3 times in the Arena while farming it for gold, the Pegasus Knight who I can't remember the name of died twice via arrow rape, and poor Gilliam died 6 times from the recuitable guy's critical while baiting so the healer could talk to him). Currently having weaker guys chip at the boss for XP after having him waste his Javelin on Seth (who I leveled to 20 and stripped of his items so he wouldn't counter-death the guy) Plan on doing the sister's route for my first playthrough.

Tim
02-21-2013, 03:39 PM
I stopped playing WoW, and started playing Rift again.

www.riftgame.com

Valientlink
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Just got done with Pokemon Gold (might be trying to get all 250 pokemon but I my silver is dead so I don't see that happening).

Ventus
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Taking a break from Star Fox Adventures... to play Oblivion on PC.

Man my new computer can run this game 100% better then my old one. :D

mrz84
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Well in FFXI I discovered that my equipment wasn't up to snuff to continue my mission, so I started selling junk
I wasn't using and have all, but 2 items I need. I also gained another level making me a Lv 26 Red Mage. Also tried
to solo the monster that drops the item I need to finish the Mhaura subjob quest. It died, didn't drop the item I need,
and then a skeleton pops up and is all "5urpr153! Butt53X!!!" when I have only about 20 HP left. So then I went fishing to raise
some gil from selling stacks of fish on the AH......only to have my fishing rod break on the 5th try...
God dammit I wish I knew somebody who plays this game. It would probably be more fun at least...

Ventus
03-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Just found the game Actraiser and I'm glad that I did. This game is fantastic!. :D

SUCCESSOR
03-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Just found the game Actraiser and I'm glad that I did. This game is fantastic!. :D
:O! You were deprived, buddy. Where have you been?

ctrl-alt-delete
03-04-2013, 03:48 AM

This.

Edit: By the way, I'm playing through ALttP again on my iPhone while out of town.

Ventus
03-04-2013, 03:32 PM

I have no damn idea. :O

But I will say this has to be one of next favorite Snes games so far!.

Brasel
03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Actraiser is one of my favorite games of all time. It's amazing.

I traded my XBOX 360 in for a 3DS. I'm glad I did. The gaming I've been getting in lately hasn't been on the couch...it's been in my car at lunch or similar places. I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D, which is a great port. I love having this game on the go. I also downloaded Mega Man 2, Legend of Zelda, and the original Wario Land. I'm such a sucker for older games and I love having the ability to play my games on the go. I wish the 3DS would support SNES Virtual Console games.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Actraiser is one of my favorite games of all time. It's amazing.

I traded my XBOX 360 in for a 3DS. I'm glad I did. The gaming I've been getting in lately hasn't been on the couch...it's been in my car at lunch or similar places. I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D, which is a great port. I love having this game on the go. I also downloaded Mega Man 2, Legend of Zelda, and the original Wario Land. I'm such a sucker for older games and I love having the ability to play my games on the go. I wish the 3DS would support SNES Virtual Console games.

Actraiser - yes.

Older games - yes.

They just don't make them like they used to. I have trouble playing more modern stuff. I can't tell if it's euphoria for the feelings evoked of discovery while being young, or if modern games just pale in comparison. I often wonder if kids playing games today will feel the same way about them as I do the NES/SNES era in 15 years.

mrz84
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
SNES on the 3DS Virtual Console. I really want that to happen. It would be awesome to paly some great SNES games on the go in addition to the other games the 3DS can already offer on its VC. Personally would like to see Mario RPG and Earthbound.

Brasel
03-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I REALLY want to see the Mega Man X games, Sim City, Actraiser, and other classic gems that don't get enough attention.

mrz84
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
I'd like to see those too. I've only played Actraiser once so many years ago and loved it. My own copy of Sim City on the SNES barely works anymore.
The MMX games are something I've been meaning to get a hold of, too. The list goes on.

Tim
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Back on WoW today. New patch.

Dark Knight
03-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I have been playing Ocarina of Time 3D here lately but I am trying to pace myself and actually explore. The 3D effect is pretty nice though I have to turn it off every 20 minutes or so.

Other than that I have been replaying the Ace Combat PS2 series (5 and Zero being my favorites) or playing Final Fantasy XIII (really trying hard to get into it). When I get tired of destroying everything in my flight path or walking down the gaming world's longest cinematic hallway I pop in Arkham Asylum or Red Dead Redemption.

Brasel
03-08-2013, 12:11 AM
I tried so many times to play Final Fantasy XIII, but I just couldn't get into it.

I just got a Gamecube, so I'm going to finish up Ocarina of Time on my 3DS and start Wind Waker.

Aliem
03-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Final Fantasy XIII isn't awful. Yeah, it's more noticeably linear than most other FF games, but that didn't bother me much, since most FF games are pretty linear anyway. People's real complaint wasn't about linearity, it was about how "wait I can't go backwards?" since FFX was just as linear. The only real complaint I had was the restrictions in the Crystarium. Set level caps in an offline RPG that only raise when certain conditions are met? That's fucking stupid. I shouldn't have to beat the final boss to reach the highest levels in the game.

Story wise, I think XIII delivered. It wasn't the best, but it rests, for me, in the top five, along with XII, IX, IV, and VI. I have the sequel, but I've not yet started it.

As for what I'm playing now, I finally got around to starting the Dawnguard expansion in Skyrim. Not bad, so far, but I'm getting the impression it's going to be more like Knights of the Nine than an all-out expansion. Along with that, I'm dabbling in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Ico. I've also been trying to get the last achievement in Limbo, but god damnit, I don't know how anyone could beat that game in one playthrough while only dying five or less times. It's ridiculous.

Dark Knight
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Final Fantasy XIII isn't awful. Yeah, it's more noticeably linear than most other FF games, but that didn't bother me much, since most FF games are pretty linear anyway. People's real complaint wasn't about linearity, it was about how "wait I can't go backwards?" since FFX was just as linear. The only real complaint I had was the restrictions in the Crystarium. Set level caps in an offline RPG that only raise when certain conditions are met? That's fucking stupid. I shouldn't have to beat the final boss to reach the highest levels in the game.

Final Fantasy has always been linear storywise but was not always so strict exploration wise. Super monsters that will hit you hard enough to kill your character's future children aside, you were free to go anywhere in whatever part of the game world you had access to at the time. You generally had the airship about 1/4 of the way through any given game ("generally" being the keyword) allowing you to explore everywhere. FFXIII is more like "you will go here to set off the next set-piece and no where else". However, I am trying to overlook that fact and look only at story and gameplay. The story is... OK so far though I know very little about anything. The only thing I dislike is that I have no direct control over my other party members. I can change paradigms and shit but otherwise control nothing but my lead character. I cannot stand being unable to directly control my party members to the point that I turned Gambits off in XII. As for the "level" cap thing. I understand the logic behind it. It helps keep everything challenging. However, the last JRPG that I played that used such an anti-grind system was Lost Odyssey and the battles were at least challenging to begin with. As much as I hate anti-grind mechanics it at least works here. In FFXIII I effortlessly mow down everything I come across. Maybe that will change (I'm about 6 hours in) later.

I just got a Gamecube, so I'm going to finish up Ocarina of Time on my 3DS and start Wind Waker.

Despite my complaints of WW being absurdly easy, I really wish I still had it and my Gamecube. It was the last Zelda game I could bring myself to play beyond the first dungeon and I still have a soft spot for the game because of it.

Ventus
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Speaking of Final Fantasy XIII I'm playing it now. This time not going for a speed run. The last time I played it I was able to beat the game in 8 hours. :P
I know my way though the game pretty much and I know how to beat the boss' without much trouble.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I tried so many times to play Final Fantasy XIII, but I just couldn't get into it.

Do you not have a Wii? Dios Mios man! Lol.

Despite my complaints of WW being absurdly easy, I really wish I still had it and my Gamecube. It was the last Zelda game I could bring myself to play beyond the first dungeon and I still have a soft spot for the game because of it.

It was the last one for me that felt magical, but I did finally play through TP and SS right before SS was released. Both good games.

Brasel
03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
I got rid of my Wii over a year ago. I never played anything except for Gamecube games. I gave it to my 10 year old brother.

Aliem
03-16-2013, 10:35 PM
It was the last one for me that felt magical, but I did finally play through TP and SS right before SS was released. Both good games.

That's exactly right. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were both good games, but they didn't capture the Zelda magic. Skyward Sword came close though.

Right now I'm starting up Portal 2 and Bioshock. I also started up Yoshi's Island on my SNES; I forgot just how good that game is. Maybe the best platformer on the SNES?

Ventus
03-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Still working On Final Fantasy XIII, just hit disk 3. (I really need to get a hold of some new games.)

SUCCESSOR
03-19-2013, 09:01 PM
I am still trying to finish Skyward Sword. I must say Nintendo has not made it easy. My will power to play this game dies quickly each play through. The linear gameplay, the mediocre level design, Fi... It all just makes for a nauseating game. Didn't they learn from Twilight Princess about item descriptions repeating after game resets?! It is so damn annoying! Nintendo never learns from their mistakes.

I also need to finish FF13. My Xbox crapped out before I could get far in it and I haven't restarted since getting a new one.

Brasel
03-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Door Stop Simulator

Brasel
03-19-2013, 10:23 PM
In all seriousness, though, I started playing Castlevania on the NES right after I posted. I beat it in about 30 minutes using only one continue. I played it ON my NES, not on an emulator.

I beat it last week on an emulator, because my physical copy kept freezing on me. I used one save state after beating Dracula's first form. So I guess last week's win was just practice for the real thing this week.

Brasel
03-20-2013, 01:03 AM
...aaand I just beat Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. That was actually really easy with a walkthrough. Maybe I spoiled it, maybe not. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't nearly as fun as the first one. I need to find Castlevania 3 now.

erm2003
03-20-2013, 10:51 PM
...aaand I just beat Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. That was actually really easy with a walkthrough. Maybe I spoiled it, maybe not. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't nearly as fun as the first one. I need to find Castlevania 3 now.

I always really liked Simon's Quest. Very open, not much direction, and lots to explore. A pretty good challenge as well, especially if you were tackling the game with no guidance It was a great accomplishment when I finally finished it.

Brasel
03-21-2013, 12:34 PM
The challenge in Simon's Quest was definitely more in the adventure aspect than the actual gameplay.

I'm going to tackle Gradius now, then Life Force, and finally Gradius III. I don't want to pay for Castlevania III right now, so I'll play something else to tide me over.

King Aquamentus
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Life Force is kind of a weird game, if you're familiar with the arcade versions of it.

Yes, plural.

There's Salamander (the normal one), Life Force US (every stage has stage 1's background, recolored. Also there's a story about travelling through a cyborg's body or some shit), and Life Force JP (entire game is essentially rom-hacked to make the whole thing look like the inside of a body. Also completely different story than either.)

Good luck with Gradius III. Even Konami knows they made the arcade version way too damn hard, because that's what they call the hidden difficulty in the Snes game: "Arcade".

Glenn the Great
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Good luck with Gradius III. Even Konami knows they made the arcade version way too damn hard, because that's what they call the hidden difficulty in the Snes game: "Arcade".

Arcade games are meant to be hard. More deaths = more continues = more money.

That's why NES games were as hard as they were. All the game developers from that era cut their teeth designing arcade games. They stuck with what they knew.

Brasel
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I've actually gotten pretty far in Gradius III without cheating. I've played it a lot over the years.

King Aquamentus
03-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm give up

your appelations

technical monkey

CJC
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Finished Paper Mario, the Thousand Year Door. I'm out of Paper Mario games, now.

Don't know what I'll play next. Maybe I'll get back to my library trek. I'm still on the Playstation.

Brasel
03-28-2013, 09:36 PM
I got pretty far in Gradius, but I got bored with it. I'll pick it up again later.

I'm currently playing The Guardian Legend, and it's pretty good so far. It's like a Gradius/Metroid/Zelda game. Check it out if you haven't already.

I also took a break tonight and beat Legendary Wings for the first time. I'm pretty happy with that. It wasn't actually all that hard. It seemed so much harder when I was a kid.

Aliem
04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
recently restarted Final Fantasy XII. This game... so good. One of my favorite JRPGs for sure.

Chris Miller
04-14-2013, 11:13 PM
In between tossing cupcakes at cars on the freeway, I'm playing some PS1 games.

Gleeok
04-15-2013, 02:02 AM
recently restarted Final Fantasy XII. This game... so good. One of my favorite JRPGs for sure.
I agree. Definitely the best FF game from the last 3 console generations, and perhaps ever. It's such a shame that Square couldn't manage a decent follow up to this.

There's also something else of interest that is unique to XII: It is the most balanced FF game by far. The one category where FF games generally fails (for me at least) is replayability as there never is a difficulty option. Most of them are just waaay too easy. However, with XII there's an accessory called "firefly" that fixes this. If you equip your characters with this it's possible to beat the game without ever gaining a level - also called the "Low-Level challenge" I believe. Unlike some other jrpg games with a LLC that are next to impossible without some sort of trick/farming/grinding, XII is pretty straight-forward. I highly recommend trying it if you've beaten the game already and are already familiar with it. It's very simple: In the very beginning of the game you just have to kill no non-boss enemies till around the wall that casts X-Zone or maybe just a little after that. :)

Xyvol
04-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Ingress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(game))

What they call an "augmented reality" game on cell phones. Portals are located in real places around the world, and you walk by and tag them with your phone. You can fortify your own portals, link portals to make fields, and attack enemy portals. Get you out of the house.
One of my friends has been pushing me to play for a while and I finally gave in. We walked around town yesterday recreating links that had been lost from an attack, and my friend had me doing all the work so I could level up a bit while he supplied me with the items needed. Worth checking out.

It's in closed beta now, but you can request a invite at http://www.ingress.com/

mrz84
04-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Got Dark Moon yesterday. Playing the hell outta it.

Ventus
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Been awhile since I posted, anyways I've been playing Disgeae: hour of darkness, and Disgeae 2.
The first one is amazing, while the second has a sucktastic story...

ShadowTiger
06-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Every six months or so, (Possibly with a window far smaller than that, even.) I start up a new game of Skyrim, decked out with some fairly impressive usage of mods. I tend to always take the "Unlimited rings and amulets[/b] (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/12/article-1180911-004796B400000258-960_468x324.jpgInteresting NPCs (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8429/?) mod is incredible. It may be absolutely batshit huge (1.3 or so GIgabytes.) but it's definitely space well dedicated. It doesn't really seem to add any new interactive content other than conversations, but every one of those conversations is incredibly deep, interesting, and thoughtful. You'll encounter everything from a man who cannot smell who moved into a dead man's house while the man is still rotting in his bed, a young woman practicing the necromantic arts as an actual form of abstract art, a Khajit abandoned at birth at the steps of Cloud Ruler temple and truly is a formidable swordswoman who killed her mentor, a cast-out Judiciar High-Elf with sarcastic scorn at her command, and so much more. Definitely get it.

mrz84
06-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Playing Oracle of Ages (3DS VC version) and having some fun. Never got to play the original release of it (didn't have a GB Color, only the GB Pocket and didn't get a GBA until a few years ago) and am looking forward to it and Seasons.

Ventus
06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Been playing Odin Sphere, and getting my ass handed to me left and right... I don't know why but this game is harder then shit. >.<

Aliem
06-27-2013, 10:11 PM
I just got the God of War Saga a few days ago. I've never played any of the games in this series in earnest, but they're pretty incredible. I started with Chains of Olympus, since that is set before the first GoW. It's fun as hell, though perhaps I shouldn't have jumped into Spartan difficulty. It's... pretty unforgiving at times.

mrz84
06-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Animal Crossing New Leaf (but most of you know that already), waiting on my copy of Project X Zone in the mail, still also playing Oracle of Ages and Fire Emblem Awakening. I sometimes wonder how I get anything done outside of gaming and work.

Ventus
07-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Did finally buy me a 3ds and obtained my two first games for it! Which consist of Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV... yeah the club Nintendo deal influenced my buy on games.
Which I made a wise decision on games FE:A Was a amazing game and SMT4 is getting to become a classic game for me :3

And I spent my 30 dollars in credits from that deal with those games and bought a heap of digital games which consisted of...

TLoZ: Links awakening (GBC)
TLoZ: Oracle of ages (GBC)
TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
Super Mario Land 2: The 6 coins (GB)
Gunman Clive (3DS Ware)
Photo Dojo (DSiWare)

All pretty darn good, this is great for my first time with a 3DS. :)

Aliem
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Did finally buy me a 3ds and obtained my two first games for it! Which consist of Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV... yeah the club Nintendo deal influenced my buy on games.
Which I made a wise decision on games FE:A Was a amazing game and SMT4 is getting to become a classic game for me :3

And I spent my 30 dollars in credits from that deal with those games and bought a heap of digital games which consisted of...

TLoZ: Links awakening (GBC)
TLoZ: Oracle of ages (GBC)
TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
Super Mario Land 2: The 6 coins (GB)
Gunman Clive (3DS Ware)
Photo Dojo (DSiWare)

All pretty darn good, this is great for my first time with a 3DS. :)The three gameboy Zelda games are all incredible and Six Goden Coins is my single favorite 2D Mario platformer.

You've done well, my child.

Ventus
08-21-2013, 02:40 PM
I've been playing Persona 4 and I've beaten it a week ago, and so I went and started Persona 3: FES up... This game is driving me crazy.

Zim
08-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Dragon Warrior VII.
DW1 was by far the most not really exciting type of do the exact same thing over and over in a spiral motion, leave town until hp halved, return to town with remaining hp, repeat, that I got addicted to the silliness of that concept as a child, so I decided to play through this one.

Aliem
08-22-2013, 06:21 AM
The only games I've got right now that I want to start are Ni No Kuni, and the two Witcher games. But daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnit, school starts in five days.

I guess I can finally get around the Arkham Asylum.

Mitsukara
08-30-2013, 07:37 PM
I've finally got around to trying the second quest in The Legend of Zelda again, as I've never completed it. So far I've got the triforce from dungeons 1, 2, and 3, but the only items I've found are the boomerang, magic boomerang, and whistle (plus the blue candle, arrow, magic shield, and blue ring from shops). I haven't found any of the other dungeon entrances yet, and I feel like maybe I missed an important item besides just the boomerangs. It's a bit perplexing, really.

erm2003
08-30-2013, 08:38 PM
I've finally got around to trying the second quest in The Legend of Zelda again, as I've never completed it. So far I've got the triforce from dungeons 1, 2, and 3, but the only items I've found are the boomerang, magic boomerang, and whistle (plus the blue candle, arrow, magic shield, and blue ring from shops). I haven't found any of the other dungeon entrances yet, and I feel like maybe I missed an important item besides just the boomerangs. It's a bit perplexing, really.

So far so good :-)

Blanka
09-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm in the middle of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

mrz84
09-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Found a nice linkshell group in Final Fantasy 11 and have been more active in it lately than any other game I currently play, except for Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Also, both PC and 360 versions of Terraia and 360 version of Minecraft (when not playing either of the above 2 games)

ctrl-alt-delete
09-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Ocarina of Time 3D on the Gateway. Never played through the Master Quest so working towards that.

Stopped playing Animal Crossing. Plan on rewinding the date to catch up. Lol.

LORD APOCALYPSE
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Replaying through the Splinter Cell series, Gamecube versions, 2/3's through the first. The Chinese are bloody observant, keep getting killed lol.

mrz84
10-12-2013, 01:59 PM
In addition to my previous post, I'm now playing Pokemon X

Ventus
10-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Playing GTA 5 on the 360. Already done with story but enjoying messing around with the game... last night I had Michael's familly spawning like crazy... So many tracey's and amanda's... XD

Edit;
Glitch can be seen here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXrfdWTyAbk

CJC
11-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Resumed my playthrough of the entire game library a few days ago. Working on some old PS2 titles. Wow, what a world of difference motion capture makes on animations! These older games are so rigid and painful.

Heh, I say older and they're PS2. I suppose the combination of realistic modeling and unrealistic animation is just jarring in retrospect.

Ventus
01-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Been playing Persona 3 Portable for the last few weeks, and finally ended the game last night. Damn that was a fine game indeed.

MasterSwordUltima
01-27-2014, 04:49 PM
I popped in Ergheiz the other day, played maybe two matches, and then turned it back off.

Ventus
01-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Picked up Torchlight 2, this is my first time playing and game like it, its pretty fun.

erm2003
01-29-2014, 11:18 PM
A couple days ago I just finished my second run through A Link Between Worlds. It really is a pretty comprehensive game and I purposely tried to tackle the dungeons in a different order to see which method I preferred. Just based on the fact that they made the game non-linear really adds to the replay value so much!

SUCCESSOR
01-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Finished Bioshock Infinite while my PC was kaput. OMferkin'GERD! it was so good. Now I just need to play the first two. I own them after all, though I can't find the first one.

I started up WW from where I left off a few months ago. Just beat Forbidden Fortress take 2 and met Ganon. I forgot how much awesome this game is.

erm2003
02-01-2014, 10:50 PM
I forgot to mention that I also started Super Mario 3D World a week or two ago. I am typically only playing on weekends so progress is going well but not super quick. If I played a lot more I am sure I would have completed the game easily by now. It's not really a huge challenge to complete stages, but to be a 100% collector of stars and stamps does add a bit more to the game and can up the challenge a bit with some of the placements.

SUCCESSOR
02-02-2014, 12:51 AM
About to play FFXII. Or maybe FFX. I just picked them both up and haven't finished either. I think I got halfway through FFXII and maybe a quarter through X in the past. Yeah I tend to start things and... wait. What were we talking about?