PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Talents

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I just taught myself how to whistle unbelievably loud with my fingers a few days ago.

Taught myself to juggle when I was 10ish.

Whatcha got?

The Satellite
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm good at video games?

In all seriousness, I have been told that I'm a pretty good writer, and that's something I'd like to pursue. Only thing is, any time I attempt to start working on background information and character sheets for a novel idea I came up with, the internet strikes and steals my attention. D:

Dechipher
08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I get silly drunk and then convince beautiful women to take care of me. I don't know how, and since it only works when I'm drunk, I can't replicate it sober :(

Brasel
08-23-2012, 04:22 PM
I taught myself how to play drums about 3 or 4 years ago by playing a lot of Rock Band. Now I'm in a real rock band.

ShadowTiger
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I have a slight knack for discovering absurd solutions to interesting problems that have surprising outcomes. I think differently or something.

I'm also a whistler, though not with my fingers. I can whistle out as well as inwards, in highly complex ways. Naturally, such a talent is the result of immense boredom. :P

Oh also, I am the most humble man alive. harr harr

King Aquamentus
08-23-2012, 06:09 PM
I haven't played piano in almost a decade, but I remember how >v>

The Satellite
08-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I can whistle out as well as inwardsWait, do you mean you can whistle while exhaling and inhaling? Is that actually difficult for some people/are people usually known to only be able to whistle in "one direction"? I just thought that was the way whistling works, cuz I can do that too. O_o

ShadowTiger
08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
It's just air passing through the lips with the appropriate source present. If you can whistle out, you can whistle in if you realize it's possible. I'd wager most people just whistle out because they never tried to whistle in. :shrug:

Gleeok
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
I still cannot whistle. :(

I am good at playing one or two games at the same time using multiple controllers to the point where I can win bets (Dual playing I've heard it called). Games I've beaten on 2P modes by myself - left-right brain co-op: Baldur's Gate, Ikaruga, DoDonPachi, Gradius 5.
Years ago I used to have like 5 television sets (people would just give me their used TVs :) ) and had two set up next to each-other for when I got bored.

The Satellite
08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I still cannot whistle. :( Don't feel bad. I couldn't till I was in eighth grade. And couldn't tie my shoes till I was ten. >_>

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I can whistle in varying ways with just my lips also. Inhalation too. My wife hates it. Same thing when I clap. For some reason, I do those two things immensely loud.

erm2003
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
I can whistle when blowing in and out as well though I never really thought about it much until now.

I guess my real hidden "talent" could be that I can touch my nose with my tongue. This of course has absolutely no practical use at all. Still, I can do it. I used to be good at singing too. I was a tenor, but I am so out of practice now that it would take me a while to get back into singing shape and get my range back.

I am sure there are a couple other things I am not thinking of...

Ventus
08-24-2012, 11:25 AM
I've been told I have an uncanny talent to pick up on things real fast. but I don't know if that really counts as a hidden talent <_<.
I do know that I have super awesome talent of working on computers! Most people don't think I know a lot about computers but when they see me work on a computer they get wowed by my awesomeness!