PDA

View Full Version : Lottery

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 01:47 PM
When I win, I'm going to host the next AGN convention. What are YOU going to do when you win?

Xyvol
08-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Take a very long and private vacation.

CJC
08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Buy a whole boatload of advertising for my books. Or possibly a publication company.

...Nah, I'd probably buy a chunk of land and set up a pinetree farm, for paper. It's good for the ozone, too!

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
On that note, don't you think I deserve free copies of your books?

CJC
08-23-2012, 02:38 PM
On paper? No. But every 90 days I have free promotions for the Kindle versions. In fact, Tales of My Brother, Vorpal, and Cayenne Quarry are all free RIGHT NOW. You can follow the links in my sig if you want.

erm2003
08-23-2012, 10:58 PM
If I win? Sounds corny but... I would invest at least half. You hear way too often about people who win the big jackpots and years down the road have nothing. Not the way I want to go. But I wish I suddenly had some more money to pay off my other debts and school loans. It would be nice to actually save money for a change.

Brasel
08-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I would invest my money in such a way that I would never have to work again. I'm not going all out and buying a huge house or expensive cars or anything. I just want to be able to fund my future children and my video game addiction.

Xyvol
08-24-2012, 08:01 PM
I've read it's advised to take 10% of your winnings and blow it. Go on a shopping spree. Give it away to friends. Light your Cuban cigars with $100 bills. Then when you find that money's all gone (like, the next week), you still have 90% of it you can do something smart with.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-24-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm gonna buy like 50 houses and rent them all out and never work again.

Ventus
08-24-2012, 08:14 PM
If I ever won... I would most likely move from my current location to somewhere I could get broadband, I would buy myself a a really freaking nice computer.
and then pay off a lot of my bills and buy me a Dodge Charger for the random hell of it :P

ShadowTiger
08-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Pretty much Anthony's response would be mine own.

I'm very tempted to say that I would go buy a large tract of land, and start building houses that are off the grid, and very rustic.

Basically, I don't want a dependence on money. I want just enough to get off the system, and to provide for emergencies. I actually have that now, now that I think about it.

Gleeok
08-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Double or nothing; XXsomething million on black. Let it ride baby. :)

Or not.. I would definitely buy a house and start some kind of business though, for starters.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Double or nothing; XXsomething million on black. Let it ride baby. :)

Or not.. I would definitely buy a house and start some kind of business though, for starters.

vcr6opqAFVU

vravelo
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
When I win, I'm going to host the next AGN convention. What are YOU going to do when you win?

Man! what a question... Of course I'll get lost...!:laughing:

Ryuuzaki
06-02-2014, 10:04 AM
doigetintroubleforbumpinganoldthread?
I'd probably just buy the whole TQ triforce and win without winning.

Zim
06-02-2014, 10:12 AM
I would invest in making my own custom arcade machines.

Brasel
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
doigetintroubleforbumpinganoldthread?

As long as you stay on topic and keep the conversation going, you aren't hurting anything. Just don't go overboard, ifyouknowwhatImean.

SUCCESSOR
06-03-2014, 08:12 PM
If I won millions in the lottery I would do what I do now. Plus a lot of traveling. And I would try to learn how to invest. Renting out houses sound like a good idea but I know that's a lot of legal crap and people bullshit to deal with. i wouldn't buy extravagant cars, houses, etc because if those millions disappeared I wouldn't want to be stuck with massive insurances and taxes I can't afford. Also I would pay someone to rewrite ZC.

Xyvol
06-05-2014, 12:46 AM
i wouldn't buy extravagant cars, houses, etc because if those millions disappeared I wouldn't want to be stuck with massive insurances and taxes I can't afford.

This is the part most lottery winners don't seem to realize. They end up worse off than before they won.

Still, lawsuits and theft can happen. I would consider taking a million in cash and putting it somewhere safe and off the record. Like buried treasure.

rock_nog
06-05-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm a simple man with simple tastes. I'd buy a small house and just live on the rest. I don't need fancy cars, don't care for globetrotting... don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be a total tightass, sure I'd probably go out to eat a bit more often and/or cook myself fancier dinners, spend a bit more on entertainment (going out to the movies once in a while, maybe buying a game or two while it's still full retail price - that'd be the big shocker to me, I never buy games for full retail value). You know, it almost sounds kinda boring when I say it out loud, but a comforting kind of boring, in my opinion... I guess when you boil it all down, that's kinda what I want from life - to be comfortable. The bigger question then becomes - what do I do with myself once I'm comfortable? That'd be the real challenge, I'd think.

Phazite
06-09-2014, 09:53 PM
I'd buy a very nice house large enough for two or three people, put up some solar panels, buy an electric car from Tesla, pay off my depts and those of my close family members, and would invest the rest. It would be nice to make enough from dividends to live from week to week. Oh, and that would also give me the freedom to continue on to a PhD program, which might hopefully lead to my finding a job I really enjoy. There's so much I'd want to do if I had the time and money, but those are some of the big things.

SUCCESSOR
06-16-2014, 05:03 AM
This is the part most lottery winners don't seem to realize. They end up worse off than before they won.

Still, lawsuits and theft can happen. I would consider taking a million in cash and putting it somewhere safe and off the record. Like buried treasure.

I'd probably put away like half of it. That way if I fuck up I get another try!

firebug
06-18-2014, 03:20 PM
i would invest my money in such a way that i would never have to work again. I'm not going all out and buying a huge house or expensive cars or anything. I just want to be able to fund my future children and my video game addiction.

yes.

Dechipher
06-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Invest some, and start an orchestra with the rest :)