PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Anybody else get them as often as I do? Any tips/tricks for making them go away other than the typical meds?

I've pretty much had a headache since Sunday, August 12 and that is no exaggeration at all. I'd say there have been at least three sessions of roughly 2-3 hours of migraines.

Said headache is probably mostly due to a strong lack of sleep, but we'll save the reasoning for the lack of sleep in another thread. (At this point, the other reasoning is gone, and it's strictly due to working on AGN) It would also be due to my now rekindled addiction to Dr. Pepper...I finally had it beat completely, but I just couldn't do without the deliciousness and relapsed.

erm2003
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I usually get a nasty one over a couple days and it happens maybe once every month or so. Sometimes I can take medicine and knock it out but most of the time I have to sleep them off. I know that's not helping since you haven't had much sleep lately to begin with but I know that works for me. Sometimes I get them if I haven't been eating much too. A little snack helps every now and then.

mrz84
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Whilst I too love the deliciousity of DP, I'm not sure that would have an effect like that (I'm no expert so don't hold me to that) and can only recommend some Acetaminophen. It does wonders for me.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Google caffeine headaches, mrz.

:(

CJC
08-23-2012, 02:21 PM
It's possible you are dehydrated, especially considering your recent dedication to this site. Increase the amount of water you drink in a day by one liter, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, add another. But don't increase it a third time, because then you'll die.

When you're drinking the water, too, make sure not to chug it, or you'll become nauseated.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Possible. Happens to me a lot. I easily drink 2-3 times more liquid than the average bear and STILL get dehydrated often.

ShadowTiger
08-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Could it be immersion in the heat? Almost every time I have to engage in activities under the hot sun, I tend to get a headache after an hour or two. It's rare that I don't, come to think about it. Drinking a lot of water helps, but not as much as staying in the shade or air conditioning helps.

Wish I had a cure for you. ... and for me. Really wish.

trudatman
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
....I've pretty much had a headache since Sunday, August 23 and that is no exaggeration at all....
if you've had a headache for three whole years, I think you should seek a brain surgeon, as you likely have a tumor.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
if you've had a headache for three whole years, I think you should seek a brain surgeon, as you likely have a tumor.

Touche. Corrected. I guess my fingers slipped to the right a bit. :)

erm2003
08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I blame this topic for the headache I ended up getting today. Thanks. Tylenol is awesome.

Rambly
08-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Dude, if you're losing sleep 'cause of this whole AGN thing, I'm not sure that's healthy. It's good to be dedicated and all and I really admire your efforts but you really should let yourself get some decent sleep at some point. Don't overexert yourself!

I don't really have any useful advice for headaches, unfortunately. I pretty much had to force myself to go to bed early last night because I had a killer headache. :(

Chris Miller
08-25-2012, 12:04 AM
I get nasty migraines every now and then. Either Excedrin(if you can find it) or very strong coffee helps a lot.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the concern. I got a two hour nap in today and felt loads better. The losing sleep is mainly because of my other thread about losing a loved one. AGN's resurrection has served as a nice distraction.

Rambly
08-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh my god... well, now I feel kind of inconsiderate.

That's horrible and I'm really sorry to hear about that. :(

Brasel
08-25-2012, 01:47 AM
CTRL-ALT-DEL has evolved into TASK MANAGER.

We've still got a long ways to go before we can say that we've resurrected AGN. That's what you've got us for. Drink more water, eat more veggies, and get some exercise. Keep yourself distracted, and lets get down and dirty.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-25-2012, 01:56 AM
CTRL-ALT-DEL has evolved into TASK MANAGER.

We've still got a long ways to go before we can say that we've resurrected AGN. That's what you've got us for. Drink more water, eat more veggies, and get some exercise. Keep yourself distracted, and lets get down and dirty.

I've only got five more days. After that, you guys will have to live without me for two weeks. I'm shocked my wife hasn't freaked out because of how much time I've spent on the computer since I got home 9 days ago. That woman is a saint I tell you.

Brasel
08-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Wives usually are. extra characters to meet the limit

SUCCESSOR
08-25-2012, 02:41 AM
If you are not getting sleep, are dehydrated, and stressed my guess is your headaches are blood pressure related. When my blood pressure gets bad I get migraines. They only last for about 30secs to a minute but feel like someone shoves an icepick through my temple. <- Not an exaggeration. I got them to stop happening by eating less salt, drinking less soda, soaking in Epsom Salt baths, and driving less. You'd be amazed how much driving raises your BP.