PDA

View Full Version : Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

Rydia
08-22-2012, 06:16 PM
One of my favorite 3DS games, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. What I enjoy about this game, is the fact that the game is based around the music... music that I have loved for years, and years now. My initial group was Zidane, Cloud, Onion Knight, and Tidus. No regrets on buying this game either. The Add-On content is a bit on the pricey side, being $.99 per song, and I've gotten something like 28 songs already, so I've spend almost $28 extra on this game, but... I'm ok with that.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-22-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm definitely going to get a copy when the price drops. I've been excited ever since I first heard about it.

mrz84
08-23-2012, 11:12 AM
How are the controls? Are they good for a rhythm game (compared to say, Elite Beat Agents, Rhythm Thief or Rhythm Heaven)? I've been holding back on it because I wanted to play a demo, but only Europe got that outside of Japan.

MasterSwordUltima
08-23-2012, 12:27 PM
The wifey got this on day one, and she had it "beat" the next day. Granted, there is much to do with Chaos Notes and stuff. Controls were pretty solid from what I played of it, and it is quite a bit addicted. I like the way the game plays out (Walk through the field level, then a cut-scene, then a battle. You can ride chocobos during the field, and summon up espers and shit during battle. Worth the money.

mrz84
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I'll have to get that then, Thanks MSU!

Rydia
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh yes, definitely a great game. As for the controls, I think they are done quite well. MSU is right about it being addictive. It kept me up late a few times, when I really needed to get sleep. lol

mrz84
08-30-2012, 10:57 PM
So I checked the eshop today for new stuff (there's almost none I want) and saw that this game got a demo for the US now. So now I can finally try it out!

Brasel
08-30-2012, 11:32 PM
I have never really played any of the handheld rhythm games on DS. I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy music, but I'm really not sure that I would enjoy this game that much.

Glenn the Great
08-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I watched one of my friends play this game. It's great for what it is. The only criticism I have... and it's a HUGE criticism... is the price tag.
I could easily see this selling on the iPhone for $4.99. Only a die-hard self-disrespecting Squeenix fanboy would plunk $50 plus upwards of $30 extra on this.