PDA

View Full Version : Your fears...

ShadowTiger
08-21-2012, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't ask anyone to divulge their greatest fears. Casual fears are certainly jarring enough to mention outright in a casual setting, so I suppose we can start (And presumably, end) there.

Well, I think at this point I have a fear of finding something other than food in my food. Over the course of my life, I've found ridiculous entities in otherwise unassuming foods. I've found a sheet metal screw in a muffin, a rubber band in a turkey sandwich, innumerable bones in every can of salmon (Sometimes tuna!) I've ever eaten from that others claim have no bones in it, and to top it all off, a chicken bone in my string cheese. I swear I don't know what the hell was up with that one. I couldn't eat casually for days.

I also have a fear of peoples' opinions and relationships of/with me changing when my social status changes. I have an actual, legitimate fear that if, say, I gain some sort of power over other people, (their words, not mine...) good friends will suddenly fear me or something. That scares me halfway to death. I know that rules are rules and good staff shouldn't make exceptions for their circle of friends, as do they I'm sure, but if I ever thought someone was afraid of me because they think I can suddenly ban them or because I have access to stuff they don't, that's just crushing. I tend to humble myself before my friends whenever I'm in a situation like that. "Let's work together to improve things" tends to be something I find myself saying a lot. Because it's true. We ought to.

'sup. Yours?

trudatman
08-21-2012, 05:58 PM
fear is a mechanism of control for the powerful. having fear at all is not ideal. I am working to have FFMN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOr7kyOcTXQ

ctrl-alt-delete
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm obsessive compulsive...so I constantly fear making "the wrong" decision and disappointing somebody.

For example, I think DD hates me for adding the archived forums back and WL probably will too. :frown:

ShadowTiger
08-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Not much of a point in bringing activity back to a place if they weren't returned...

I also fear getting a metal sliver stuck somewhere I can't get access to at all. I cut keys at a hardware store, and those little slivers go everywhere; invisibly so, in fact. The day I swallow one of those suckers, that's it. I'm done.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I work on an oil rig. Magneto could probably pick me up strictly due to the slivers of metal in my body.

Brasel
08-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm afraid of heights. I fell from the monkey bars when I was 5 and broke my arm. I've stared my fear in the face many times since then, but I still can't get over it.

Other than that, I'm not good in large crowds and around fireworks due to life experiences I've had.