PDA

View Full Version : Revive the Tasty Edibles Forum?

ShadowTiger
08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Some time ago, in 2009, Mercy began the Edibles and Tasty stuff (http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?178-Edibles-and-Tasty-Stuff) forum devoted to various deductibles and culinary prowess exhibited. Question is, will all of that be able to be posted in General Discussion?

There are advantages and disadvantages to this, though for the sake of mental processing, I won't distinguish them for you outright. For one, if you have a forum devoted to food, there is incentive to post in it to share your own tastes and creations, rather than starting a thread out of the blue in General Discussion and having it stolen by someone else's idea. Your threads are your own, but not if they're lumped together in a thread in GD someone decided should be arbitrarily devoted only to food.

Additionally, dividing the locations where topics may be posted limits potential topic choices for certain forums. It funnels them neatly, yes, but it also causes them to be less than optimally active. Let us make our decisions here wisely.

Glenn the Great
08-21-2012, 11:01 PM
No, we have enough of a problem with obesity in this nation, we don't need to encourage people sitting at their computers to think about food.

Nathaniel
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I have no issue with having such discussions. However, is it broad enough to need its own forum of discussion? I don't see why something this specific in a community like this is worth having its own forum, rather than being among topics in General Discussion.

ShadowTiger
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Mostly because it's got three pages worth of topics already in a year, not counting AGN's down-time. :P

Them's good eats.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Might be best to just make a custom usergroup for this too. Activity justifies having it for now, poll justifies removal.

ShadowTiger
08-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Done and done (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?94543-Optional-Forums). In fact, so is this topic. :P

*locked*