PDA

View Full Version : Pruning...

ctrl-alt-delete
08-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Does anybody have any particular opposition to me pruning all users with a post count that is less than 5 that have been registered for more than 365 days?

3035 users, all of which were last active over a year ago.

Frankly, it'd be nice to clean up the member list a bit. It would also help with database size. I feel like 5 posts is reasonable, but if anybody thinks we should up it, 10 is my absolute limit. (Let's face it, there's nobody with 10 posts or less that ANY of us are going to miss.)

I'm also considering pruning all of the banned users, of which there are 524, but I think my wife would hate me after helping me sort through 450 users manually one by one. Lol. I highly doubt any of them would return, and I can't think of any strong reason to keep them in the database.

Questions, comments, or complaints?

DarkDragon
08-21-2012, 03:43 AM
Sounds good to me. Although maybe use last post date instead of registration date? You can also send an email to all of these users from the Admin CP; you could warn them that if they don't post within a week their accounts will be deleted. 99% of them are probably spambots but I would hate to have anyone hear that AGN is being revived, show up, and then see that they've been deleted ;)

ctrl-alt-delete
08-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Lol, sounds good. I'll get that email sent in the morning.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-21-2012, 11:06 AM
I have dispatched an email to 3670 users whose last account activity is over a year old and have less than 10 posts. They have until 8/27 to login before they will be pruned.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2012, 03:47 AM
3619 members have been pruned.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Removed 559 banned spambots. Should make member list look much more attractive now and maybe speed up the site a bit.