PDA

View Full Version : Staff

ctrl-alt-delete
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
It's finally that time again. We need a staff overhaul. If you would like to help attempt to restore AGN to some of its former glory, submit a PM to me telling me what position you would like along with any recommendations and information about past experience.

Dechipher, Old-skool, and Gleeok have been promoted to Senior Moderators due to showing interest in helping to clean the forums.

If you were previously a moderator and would like to retain your position or be promoted, please submit a PM to me also.

The current deadline to submit PMs for a potential staff spot is Sunday, August 26th. After that time, staff will be reevaluated and a determination on necessity will be made again.

CJC
08-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Could you please state your expectations for moderators? How often you expect them to check in, and how far they can/should go with a hostile situation?

ctrl-alt-delete
08-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Due to a time constraint, I'll have to post expectations in a couple hours. Could you define hostile situation?

ShadowTiger
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
If anything, the first criteria is devotion to the general idea of what AGN was in the past, and of what it could be in the future. The little details can be ironed out later as we go along, I feel. Ultimately, there's no reason to reply if it's just being done for shits and giggles.

AGN has, and always will have a lot of potential. It will have even more-so with the backing of sound-minded individuals with time, patience, and wisdom.

CJC
08-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Due to a time constraint, I'll have to post expectations in a couple hours. Could you define hostile situation?

An infraction of the rules that involves personal attacks. I've seen moderators give up to three warnings in a thread before closing it on other sites. I want to know if flame/spam/troll posts have a set limit of warnings, if they are grounds for immediate closure, or simply deletion/tasteful editing.
The Terms of Service discuss sanctions, but do not go into details.

@ShadowTiger
So the position will be by my discretion? I just want to make sure that I'm not being too lax or too strict before I apply.

ShadowTiger
08-19-2012, 12:31 AM
That's also something that can be decided in time. :) Remember back to ZCU. Every case is unique, and there's nothing stopping anyone from discussing it beforehand. People who act too quickly don't have time to make sound, rational judgments, much less confer with their peers to acquire additional, possibly more enlightened judgments.

So don't worry about it. Such blanket terms need not be applied. ^^

ctrl-alt-delete
08-19-2012, 01:28 AM
I agree with ST. People make mistakes. Checks and balances will be implemented, no need to worry about getting something wrong.

ShadowTiger has been made an administrator. (I know this isn't incredibly "official", but once the new staff is completely in place I'll make a new thread listing all staff members, etc.)

ShadowTiger
08-19-2012, 06:35 AM
At every junction in life, I am reminded of the ending to many a good story. ... Well, on internet forums. :P It usually involves the staff reminding... nay, urging the forum-base that converse with them "Should you ever feel apprehensive about speaking with me, for any reason, then I am not doing my job effectively. I am here to help you, and ensure you have a good time here."

There are people who are afraid of ducks looking at them. There are people who are afraid of dependence on others. I am afraid of people being afraid of me. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this here. We all work together to form a community.

Nicholas Steel
08-19-2012, 07:04 AM
I was wondering what happened to the ability to view certain parts of the forum, ah well.

ShadowTiger
08-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh yes, all of those forums have been archived elsewhere since July of last year. Some of them may or may not be returning in their present form, though there are plans being tossed around to establish a sort of Tabula Rasa, as it were, in some places to help rejuvenate things.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Moderators that have not logged into the forums in over a year have been returned to regular users. If you were previously a moderator and would like to reprise your role, please send me a pm.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
CJC has been made a moderator of General Discussion, Video Game Discussion, and Forum Games.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Anthony has been made a moderator of General Discussion.

erm2003 has been made a moderator of General Discussion and Edibles and Tasty Stuff.

Glitch has been retained as a moderator of General Discussion and General Bitching.

Rydia has been made a moderator of Video Game Discussion and Zelda Classic Discussion.

Glenn the Great has been made a moderator of General Bitching.

XMuppetSB has been retained as a moderator of all of the Zelda Classic subforums.

rocksfan13 has been made a moderator of ZC Discussion and Quest Announcement/Discussion.

Rambly has been made a moderator of ZC Quest Editor Help and Quest Announcement/Discussion.

Getting close, but we could use a few more. Think Tank in particular is needed. Anybody interested?

ctrl-alt-delete
08-24-2012, 11:41 PM
callitaday has been added as a moderator for Think Tank and General Bitching.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Rambly has been promoted to Senior Moderator for showing tremendous dedication to AGN and ZC.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-26-2012, 01:44 AM
rocksfan13, Rydia, and XMuppetSB have all been made mods of ALL ZC forums. This makes much more sense. I was planning on doing this originally, but I wanted much more coverage/less responsibility. In retrospect, this is probably a much better way to handle that.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
The staff has been finalized. Towards the bottom of the board index you can click View Forum Leaders to see the current staff.