PDA

View Full Version : Prototype LOZ?

Xyvol
08-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I stumbled upon this last night and though I'd share. Don't know if it's been posted here before.
The page I linked shows an early "prototype" version of the game and compares it to the final Famicom release. At the top of that page is a link to thier main LOZ page, which shows the differences between the Famicom release and the NES release.

It's interesting to see the changes that went on in the game's development.

http://tcrf.net/Proto:The_Legend_of_Zelda

King Aquamentus
08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
seen it.

There was originally only four or so dungeons, and Link was given a choice of boomerang or sword at the start. Also, Level-9 music was either an alternate theme for normal dungeons, or was used in all of them in lieu of the normal one being composed yet.

Chris Miller
08-07-2012, 11:29 PM
The first quest is basically finished. Mostly all they did in the final release was some difficulty tweaking and rearranging of a few dungeon rooms. The second quest is barely started. They set up all the dungeon maps, but the entrances are the same as the first quest. The dungeon rooms are just a jumble with no enemies and random items scattered about. It is possible to stumble across Zelda and beat it, though.

Rydia
08-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I thought this was an interesting find, definitely. Seeing beta/prototype versions of classic NES games is always something I find to be awesome!

rocksfan13
08-25-2012, 06:41 PM
I seen this too.
Kinda makes you wonder why they changed what they did for the final release..