PDA

View Full Version : Issue with The 12 Palaces (Flippers and Water Bug)

ThirdOfAugust
07-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I have already previously beaten The 12 Palaces, but I noticed yesterday during a playthrough that there are issues with water sections as it pertains to the Flippers. After getting the Flippers from the Palace of Mysteries and going back through the warp tile in the Water Palace for the Boss Key, I almost couldn't reenter the POM to finish the palace because the Flippers won't let me come out of that little "moat" surrounding the POM's entrance. Luckily I just burned myself with the Candle and used the invincibility frames to reenter the POM that way. Then later in the Palace, I came to the almost entirely water room where you fight a Manhandla. I beat the Manhandla and tried to go north to get the palace's last key, but again, I couldn't get out of the water to leave the room. Ironically enough, I can exit this room to the east with no issues, but for some reason, the game won't let me get on the walkable tiles in waterlogged rooms from the north or the south. I can't burn myself with the Candle in this room because there are only three walkable tiles in the room and they are too far from the north door.....I suspect this is a bug?

Pineconn
07-29-2012, 10:44 PM
May I ask what version of ZC you are using? I don't recall this ever happening...

ThirdOfAugust
07-30-2012, 02:11 AM
I am currently using 2.5. Is that the issue?

Pineconn
08-01-2012, 01:58 AM
It probably is. I'll look into it and see if I can't make you a special version of 12 Palaces that will allow you to bypass this. It's 2am right now, so maybe tomorrow. :p

(Btw, I have the power to do this because my brother is the creator of this quest. :) )

ThirdOfAugust
08-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Ok. No big rush, as I've already beaten this quest in the past.....I was just enjoying another playthrough as this quest is one of my favorites. Let me know when you get it finished.