PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Videos

Brasel
06-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I like watching Let's Play videos online sometimes to kill time, but I can't stand the commentary that these people provide. I just want to see the game played with the sound and music in the background. If you have something interesting to say, put it in your comments! A bit of introduction at the beginning isn't bad, but I don't want to hear your crappy attempts at humor throughout the video.

King Aquamentus
06-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Commentary is the best part of an LP though. Otherwise it's just some game playing.

Brasel
06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Sometimes all I want is to see some game being played. I guess if the commentary isn't bad, I can deal with it. Sometimes the commentary is just horrible, though.

Darth Marsden
06-17-2012, 05:20 PM
You know I do Let's Plays, right? I've been uploading a Lets Play of Drake of the 99 Dragons, since I had the footage from my review.

Generally, I talk over the levels because nothing's happening, but I leave the cutscenes alone. Well, I subtitle them because otherwise it's hard to understand what peeps are saying, and I'll add a few text comments to particularly stupid lines, but otherwise I'll leave 'em be.

I agree that sometimes you don't need a commentary, it just depends on whether the LPer has anything to say.

King Aquamentus
06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
I had an LP of Super Metroid going on that I never finished.