PDA

View Full Version : Future of ZC development?

jimhabegger
06-13-2012, 03:51 AM
What hopes are there for further development of ZC? Is anyone working on it currently, or definitely planning to? Or if not, is there any kind of interest at all in further development? Is there even a demand?

If there's no one working on it, or planning to, but if there's a demand, is anyone doing anything to try to find developers? Does anyone want to?

I tried playing ZC on my XP laptop a few years ago, but I gave it up after a while. I don't remember exactly what happened. It didn't work very well for me, or it was too hard to use it or learn how to use it. Now my interest is revived. My XP laptop is in for repairs just now, but I'm planning to try it again when I get it back. I've added some RAM since the last time, and updated the graphics driver.

My wife is interested also, but she has Vista on her computer. Is there a 2.5 build that has been thoroughly tested by a lot of people without breaking their systems?

I don't have any experience in game development, and even if I did, I don't know if I could make ZC development a priority in my life, but if the development has stalled from lack of developers, and there's still a demand for further development, I might be able to help look for developers, or at least help discuss how to find them!

If there are still people working on it, maybe there would be some little things I could do to help. Is there a list somewhere of things to do, to help, besides testing and reporting bugs?

rocksfan13
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Yes, there are developers still working on ZC.

You should be able to see any updates in that forum here on AGN.

jimhabegger
06-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Who are the developers? Saffith, Gleeok? Anyone else?

XMuppetSB
06-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Check this page:
http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Zelda_Classic#Major_Contributors_.28current_develo pers_in_bold.29
It contains a full list of major contributors, including current and former developers, as well as the creators of the 3rd and 4th quests.