PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3 Sucks, and while I'm at it...

Cronic
05-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Did they scrap a buncha forum sections recently?

As for D3 I stopped playing Wow foir a reason, and aside from dumbing Diablo down to the level of an 8 year old being able to run through you can also tell the Diablo dev staff moved on and got filled in with wow designers... Thoughts opinions, and hatreds are welcome lol..

As always good to see ya, AGN! :)

SUCCESSOR
05-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Well there goes my D3 excitement.

mrz84
05-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I've never been able to get into the Diablo series. It seems interesting, but I've just got too many other games that just seem to catch my attention better than Diablo can. :shrug:

ShadowTiger
08-22-2012, 06:26 AM
I really enjoyed it initially. Everything was new and fresh. I had the feeling that for the most part, I only survived because of the usage of the skills I had earned and developed practice with. I play as a Demon Huntress, and her Vault skill is indeed incredibly useful, particularly when combined with her caltrops, and to a lesser degree, the sentinel skills.

But then it developed into a big gear-check. I couldn't face Diablo himself without at least three pieces that had 15 Fire Resistance, all of which I had to buy on the Auction House after much grinding for XP and gold. Just prior to that, I had purchased (also on the auction house) a full set of XP-increasing gear to make my grinding faster. I gained 5 levels that I sorely needed, donned the fire resistance set, and made Diablo about 20% easier. Maybe more. It definitely helped, particularly since there are no reliably consistent and frequent sources of healing.

When the solo game is affected by the concept of multiplayer balance, things go all to hell.

CJC
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Heh, go to hell.

I enjoyed it primarily as a cinematic experience. Since I played as a wizard, right on the heels of its release, the entire Normal difficulty was a kite-bound cakewalk.

Things started to get stale when I hit the Nightmare difficulty, and I stopped playing soon after. I got a little resurgence when I learned you could turn off the skill button restrictions (and thus assign whatever skills to your six buttons as you pleased), but that only extended my interest for a few days.

On the other hand, I never had an equipment issue or too much grinding difficulty with the game. Again, because I was good at punch-and-run tactics. I didn't even touch the Auction House until I got to Nightmare difficulty, and even then I only used it to buy the low-rate drop materials, like blacksmith pages.