PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Zcheat

Spectre
05-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I've got an old 1.90 quest I'm looking to get access to. It's my creation, and I made it about 10 years ago when I was a kid. Since then I've changed computers, gone off to college, live life, etc; essentially, I don't remember anything about my password. About a week ago I messaged Old-Skool and Dark Nation to see if they can do anything about it.

Of the two, Old-Skool replied the fastest, but he himself doesn't have the power to retrieve the password. However, he mentioned Zcheat, which is a program I've been keeping my eye out for on P2P, but the torrents are always dead. So with Old-Skool's blessing, I can post here to asking for it.

Does anybody happen to have it? If so, can you send me a private message with the details?

Thanks

Saffith
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Any developer can retrieve your password, not just DN. What quest is it?

Spectre
05-12-2012, 10:34 PM
The quest is "Triforce of Heart".

King Aquamentus
05-13-2012, 12:31 AM
allow me to note that I am not a ZC dev.

Sam Atoms
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Does this mean that this quest is finally going to get debugged?

:spin:

Spectre
05-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Debugging will be some of it. Some things will be changed around to make it puzzles less difficult, and ill be trying to give the players a better sense of what they should be doing.

trudatman
05-27-2012, 12:23 PM
will you be keeping it in 1.90?

Spectre
05-27-2012, 12:41 PM
For now, I wont go crazy with the features past 1.90, like transparency and additional sprites. However, while retooling the Fire Temple, I did use some of the conveniences that the new versions allow, like block pushes in specific directions, which I already tried emulating in that dungeon. I also noticed that a lot of bugs were added because of my addition of treasure chests, so I'll be limiting them or retooling the rooms they're in.

Other problems are weird ones that I just don't remember ever being there, like the 4 Gleeoks in Lake Hylia by the potion shop. That seems to have happened because of either conversion to the new version, or because of server fragmentation. I mean, really, that quest has been sitting in the servers for close to 10 years.

Long story short, I'm hoping to get the game back to a playable state before I creep any new features in.

trudatman
05-27-2012, 01:18 PM
so "no," then. oh, well. good luck and have fun!

Spectre
06-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I'll be finishing a first pass for the game, soon, and then I'll probably post it up for some review/discussion.

Chris Miller
06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I remember similar problems with Lands of Serenity. I started it in 1.90 originally, before any of the 1.92 betas came out. When Beta 163 came out, I switched over immediately, and it was great. Only problem was a lot of enemies got jumbled up. There were an awful lot of Digdogger kids. (? ? ? ?)
It was just a matter of editing that stuff back to the correct values, and all was great. Well, except for the bug in the last level where you couldn't walk onto a stairway, thereby breaking the last level. >.>
So I updated it to 2.10, and fixed the bug, and a whole heap of other bugs popped up, too numerous to list.
This seems to be a risk that you have to take whenever you update a quest to a new version. Some people don't have many bugs at all, and some have to wade through a whole load of them.

Sam Atoms
06-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, in the Forest Temple there was a room you got to by bombing a crack in the floor and then dropping in, it has petrified candles and a cold portal in the center. If you bombed the portal, it turned into a piece of wall. That's where I would have started, but it sounds like you've taken care of that already.