PDA

View Full Version : How do I save my progress?

Galvin
01-26-2012, 02:52 AM
I am running windows vista. I downloaded the update on your homepage.

When I try to play the classic zelda, I can create a name, play for awhile, save my progress. But when I come back and try to load my saved game, it isn't there.

Really enjoying playing, please help.

Mike

dholmes
05-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. I can save a game while playing, but once I close the program and reopen it... the saved games are gone. I am running the 2.10 windows version on Vista. Gameplay is great!

Russ
05-07-2012, 02:00 AM
I have a hunch why it's doing this. Vista has some pretty screwed up permission settings and whatnot. Among them is that, by default, certain people aren't allowed to change anything in program files. So what can you do? Go to the ZC folder (Most likely in C->Program Files->Zelda Classic, or something like that), right click, go to properties, and make sure that it's not set to Read-Only. In addition, you can try right clicking ZC, and choosing "Run as Administrator" to start it. I can't promise that will work, but it's at least worth a try.

If neither of those work, what you can do is try to use the newest Release Candidate for ZC 2.5, which you can download here (http://www.mediafire.com/?wb4eywz2ma4gd2h). It should run perfectly on Vista. The downside is that some 2.10 quests might not run perfectly with it. In theory, it should be backwards compatible, but in practice, a bug seems to always slip in. But, it's better than nothing, right?

Best of luck to you both!